I finally found a course that offers golf boards. Sadly, a friend bailed on me due to a back issue, so I will be out scootering around by my lonesome self, unless the other 3 spots get taken up. Still...weeee!

Nothing to do with Golf. But I hope some of us in here bought $HKD back on 7/15 and sold today 😂. (I didn’t not). Just wishing us all well

Life is pretty crazy right now. Uncertainties, family problems etc. While it's early, we did find out my wife is pregnant with #2. Want it to be in the happy thread but maybe should be in "the scary thread" haha
Congratulations!!!

I think I may have hit the trifecta today:
1. Solved a problem unit at work with a little help from my friends
2. Located my Shot Scope H4
3. Scored a THP Limited Series scorecard holder

Absolutely not golf related.

However, due to circumstances, I've had to get a part time job again. I had one from 2010-2019 and I've been trying to find a groove. I started at a local pizza joint but the hours we erratic and I need something steady. I started at a local gas station that I had previously worked at, the pay is pretty ordinary and I just hate people enough that I don't want to work a register and deal with their crap...as well as the district managers superiority complex.

Happily, before I started at the gas station, I applied at FedEx but hadn't heard anything. Last Friday I was offered the job and accepted it. Monday to Friday 5pm to 9pm onloading truck with a forklift. The pay is phenomenal for a p/t position and after 12 month will be close to what I make per hour with my full time job.

This will relieve some financial pressure that my wife and I have found ourselves in.

FedEx finally delivered the package

my son and his fiancé bought me golf shorts, these are so comfortable 17AEE02F-FE2C-4E82-9E83-5F21AD008C97.jpeg

Here’s some happy for all the guys and gals!

Marrying my high school sweetheart this evening, 34 years after the day we met. Dated through high school and into college. Parted ways because we thought we had to conquer the world. Had some grey areas on the mid 90’s were we dated. Kinda passed in the night…..
Lost my best friend in 2017 and she tried to reach out to me through my mothers Facebook account, which had been idle since she has Alzheimer’s. Low and behold, I showed up on her LinkdIn one day and a PM, led to a text that led to phone conversations, that led to a picnic….and two years later, here we are! Couldn’t be a happier fella!

We’re the same two kids we always were and as much as people say you change over time, I don’t believe deep inside you ever do, it’s just a reaction to the world around you.

Hallmark couldn’t write a better story. And to think we had it all figured out so long ago…🥰

I got a part time job with FedEx, in the freight division. M-F 5-9pm unloading the city trucks and loading the 53 footers. The pay is bonkers and it's exactly what my little family needs right now.

Julie signed for a travel RN job today for Sep 6 - Dec 3rd in Wausau WI. I grew up an hour from there, so we'll get a scrub hotel the 3 shifts she works and I'll be able to visit my family!

She's been off since January, so my golf budget is looking up 😎

Witnessed my son break 100 for the first time. He’s got the bug and he should improve pretty quickly. Fun to see.

Absolutely not golf related.

However, due to circumstances, I've had to get a part time job again. I had one from 2010-2019 and I've been trying to find a groove. I started at a local pizza joint but the hours we erratic and I need something steady. I started at a local gas station that I had previously worked at, the pay is pretty ordinary and I just hate people enough that I don't want to work a register and deal with their crap...as well as the district managers superiority complex.

Happily, before I started at the gas station, I applied at FedEx but hadn't heard anything. Last Friday I was offered the job and accepted it. Monday to Friday 5pm to 9pm onloading truck with a forklift. The pay is phenomenal for a p/t position and after 12 month will be close to what I make per hour with my full time job.

This will relieve some financial pressure that my wife and I have found ourselves in.

Congrats! My buddy's son works as a driver for FedEx express. He makes really good money.

Witnessed my son break 100 for the first time. He’s got the bug and he should improve pretty quickly. Fun to see.
Thats pretty darn cool.

Before bed silliness! ❤️❤️

Attachments

• 20220819_195431.jpg
    20220819_195431.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 6
Congrats! My buddy's son works as a driver for FedEx express. He makes really good money.

Thank you. The Freight drivers (different from Express) are all over $30 an hour.

To you who reached out to check on me, thank you, I really did need that. Nothing but love!

AD90A1A2-FE80-4479-8DCB-6A201D74F89A.jpeg
Ice cream date with the fellas today. Big fan of these two.

We are just about to finalize house purchase. Few last minute details have to be worked out. We are requiring seller put on a new roof due to condition and age. Just about to clear that hurdle. Get us closer to kids and grand kids. Me really close to golf course. I’ll still have to do some commuting to work. Have camper to stay in for those trips. Wife excited I will be when move is complete.

Sort of a happy.... my daughter keeps stealing my Truvis Chrome Softs.

"Pretty ball Daddy"

Yes they are.

Today my wife has been in paradise for 17 years. 🙃

Last night I got thanked by one of our group for being so positive and supportive on the golf course. Made me feel pretty good about my commitment to a better mental game this year.

Got the last hurdle jumped on the new house. Picked out shingle that seller is putting on to meet our requirements. @Jman you will have an endless invite to Stillwater Country Club. @Canadan I think I’ll buy cart 1st then consider a Finn. Stopped by the CC today to see if Finns were allowed. Answer was yes. Couple members have them already.

Got the last hurdle jumped on the new house. Picked out shingle that seller is putting on to meet our requirements. @Jman you will have an endless invite to Stillwater Country Club. @Canadan I think I’ll buy cart 1st then consider a Finn. Stopped by the CC today to see if Finns were allowed. Answer was yes. Couple members have them already.
Love it!!!!

Back