A good friend and mentor was elected as president of the American Geophysical Union. Lisa is amazing and her selection gives me great joy.

Something about seeing the kids playing out in the snow that just warms my soul.

Super happy that my wife got permission today to work remotely the week of December 14th so all five of us are now spending 3 weeks at our FL condo for Christmas. My youngest daughter has finals week December 14th but she can do that remotely.

Got good news from the doc! Always wear sunblock!

I'll see my daughter tonight for the first time since August. She is coming home from college in Florida for the holidays and semester break. Because of NY's travel restrictions and quarantine, we were unable to go visit her nor was she able to come home. It was difficult this year as she was living alone off campus this semester. In normal years, my wife and I would have traveled to see her at least twice and my daughter would have come home for a weekend.

I'll see my daughter tonight for the first time since August. She is coming home from college in Florida for the holidays and semester break. Because of NY's travel restrictions and quarantine, we were unable to go visit her nor was she able to come home. It was difficult this year as she was living alone off campus this semester. In normal years, my wife and I would have traveled to see her at least twice and my daughter would have come home for a weekend.
Happy indeed

That's fantastic! Enjoy your time together.

Enjoy the time with her! Hopefully it goes nice and slow!

We were involved in a car wreck on Saturday night, but it's a happy since nobody was hurt. Our truck clearly won the battle against the little tin can Nissan turdmobile that tried to have it's way with us.

We were involved in a car wreck on Saturday night, but it's a happy since nobody was hurt. Our truck clearly won the battle against the little tin can Nissan turdmobile that tried to have it's way with us.
glad you guys are okay, CP.

My wife's Covid test came back negative(exposed at work). We are flying to Florida on Sunday and I really didn't want to delay the trip or drive the 1722 miles.

My wife's Covid test came back negative(exposed at work). We are flying to Florida on Sunday and I really didn't want to delay the trip or drive the 1722 miles.

Great news. Although only around 1300 miles, I drive from Florida once in June and to Florida once in August of this year. I can understand that you would want to fly. Enjoy your time in Florida. I assume some golf is to be played.

Great news. Although only around 1300 miles, I drive from Florida once in June and to Florida once in August of this year. I can understand that you would want to fly. Enjoy your time in Florida. I assume some golf is to be played.

Thanks! Yes, we will golf a couple of days each week and our family is looking forward to the long Christmas Holiday.

We took ours on Friday and they came back negative on Tuesday. We're flying to Florida on Friday morning.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Got a little Yeti lowball rambler from work. Neat little present.

Aaayyyyeee its a girl!!! :D
20201211_151312_1.gif

Today was pretty awesome. I went back to my parents and made homemade crescent rolls (Rollicky) that my grandma used to make with them. It brought back great childhood memories of spending the day in the kitchen with my grandma baking, listening to polka music and playing double solitaire with her while dough rose and baked. My daughter helped out too which made it even better.

Today was pretty awesome. I went back to my parents and made homemade crescent rolls (Rollicky) that my grandma used to make with them. It brought back great childhood memories of spending the day in the kitchen with my grandma baking, listening to polka music and playing double solitaire with her while dough rose and baked. My daughter helped out too which made it even better.
Funny how polka music reminds me of my grandparents! Sounds like a great day for you! Love when I'm taken back!

Reactions: KEV
It’s official! I’ll have REAL internet on the 21st! New hardware from the company means it might not even require a telephone pole anymore!

This opens up SO many things for me.

Back