I did a small piece of legal work for an elderly neighbor. I have strongly objected to and refused payment until she started bringing over tomatoes, peaches, figs, squash and peppers. I love clients who pay in homegrown fruits and veg.

Termite mitigation under way! I’ll have my garage sim back in a few weeks.

I played golf today!!!!
It didn't go anywhere close to well.
Drove the ball longer than I ever have, but everything else failed me lol.
Next time!!!!

Wife and daughter are home after 11 days in Houston with in-laws. Too long for them to be away.

Finally called customer service and got back into my account to set up automatic payments. Sometimes it’s the little things :)

My son is an intern at the LA Times. His article on Covid was his first solo above the fold front page story. It was as of late yesterday the #1 trending Covid-19 story on Twitter. Very proud

My son is an intern at the LA Times. His article on Covid was his first solo above the fold front page story. It was as of late yesterday the #1 trending Covid-19 story on Twitter. Very proud

That is awesome!

1 week till i head out for a nice family vacation....counting the hours.

We have our best friends with their adult kids arriving from California on Tuesday for a weeks vacation at our lake home. They were our neighbors for 20 years and our kids grew up together and we owned a condo next to theirs in Lake Tahoe for over a decade so we’ve had dozens of family vacations together along with our oldest sons playing on the same sports teams since age 6 through high school. We haven’t seen them since August of 2018 so all of us are super excited for their arrival.

We have our best friends with their adult kids arriving from California on Tuesday for a weeks vacation at our lake home. They were our neighbors for 20 years and our kids grew up together and we owned a condo next to theirs in Lake Tahoe for over a decade so we’ve had dozens of family vacations together along with our oldest sons playing on the same sports teams since age 6 through high school. We haven’t seen them since August of 2018 so all of us are super excited for their arrival.
very cool....hope all of you have a blast

Made a decision professionally that has been a long time coming, it’s hard walking away from something that provided for you when times were thin, but the decision today by the state board of education to be cowards and not mandate anything in terms of COVID policy and response to schools and instead force teachers into unsafe conditions made it easier.

I love my school. I love my admins. I love my town. But it’s time for me to do what’s best for the safety of me and mine.

Made a decision professionally that has been a long time coming, it’s hard walking away from something that provided for you when times were thin, but the decision today by the state board of education to be cowards and not mandate anything in terms of COVID policy and response to schools and instead force teachers into unsafe conditions made it easier.

I love my school. I love my admins. I love my town. But it’s time for me to do what’s best for the safety of me and mine.
Best of luck to you. I could tell this was eating at you the last few weeks, so I hope this works out for you and your family in the best way possible!

Decisions like this are always tough. What was it that you were looking for mandate wise?

Decisions like this are always tough. What was it that you were looking for mandate wise?
For the state to have some hair on their sack and put schools on the same page or system.

They actually created a great system based on county and level protocols. In which the board overrode the State superintendent and removed the word mandatory to make it “suggested”.

Here that means people will go on status quo with no care or support of faculty.

I just can’t anymore. It’s time to take care of me and mine, as well as finally going all in on other dreams.

For the state to have some hair on their sack and put schools on the same page or system.

They actually created a great system based on county and level protocols. In which the board overrode the State superintendent and removed the word mandatory to make it “suggested”.

Here that means people will go on status quo with no care or support of faculty.

I just can’t anymore. It’s time to take care of me and mine, as well as finally going all in on other dreams.

Gotcha, well it takes some guts to make that decision. I sincerely hope it works out. As a parent I am super stressed over the return to school. For lots of reasons. I understand from the teacher side, there is equal If not greater stress that is very different but no less valid.

Next week we take a much need family vacation. The current environment has us adjusting a bit so we will head up to a resort in San Antonio that has all we need and shouldn't have to leave for much. There is even a golf course on the property that I will take advantage of one of the days we are there.

Had to work until 10:00 last night followed by a 3 hour drive to get home but it was all worth it when the fitter called and said my clubs were in:p:p:p:p

With covid the church was basically remote and we had to delay the baptism of our son. Well now that he is almost 9 months old, we were able to baptise him in church. Masks were required but we are happy we could finally proceed.

With covid the church was basically remote and we had to delay the baptism of our son. Well now that he is almost 9 months old, we were able to baptise him in church. Masks were required but we are happy we could finally proceed.
Congrats on your little guys big day!

I played 18 with my son today. He’s not very good but he has an incredible capacity to celebrate whatever goodness comes his way. I was muttering and kinda miserable as I was sucking my way through 18. Then I noticed him taking joy in tiny little things and it made me smile and recalibrate mentally and enjoy the rest of the round.

Home refinance is done. Dropped to a 15 yr mortgage, saved A LOT of money in the process and cashed out equity to be debt free. Feels good to have hard work pay off.

Called the dealer for a different reason and found out my F150 is scheduled to be built Sept 8.

Back