I'm trying to think if a precedence has been set in the past. I'm far too young to remember, but was there similar sentiments when European exotic cars hit the US Market? American muscle versus European sports cars. I'd have to imagine initially there was a large distaste for the European cars which still lingers today, considering they are 2-3x more expensive. Thinking there are very similar parallels here.

It's hard to hate someone you never met. I have a neutral opinion of him. I have to give the man credit for trying to build the best golf clubs he could and he achieved what he was after. I would never pay what he asked but he already has at least one win with them. Many 'old' companies cannot claim that. No on has said you HAVE to buy his clubs. JMHO

It's hard to hate someone you never met. I have a neutral opinion of him. I have to give the man credit for trying to build the best golf clubs he could and he achieved what he was after. I would never pay what he asked but he already has at least one win with them. Many 'old' companies cannot claim that. No on has said you HAVE to buy his clubs. JMHO

Which "old companies" are you speaking of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe a better question is why the love of PXG? Can someone here who likes PXG share what they find attractive about the brand?

Maybe a better question is why the love of PXG? Can someone here who likes PXG share what they find attractive about the brand?

What do you have against this company? If price was no object I would definitely try them out. I keep an open mind about golf and equipment. Yes the are expensive and so are Circle T putters which are no better than other putters IMHO. I wouldn't pay 3-4K+ for one that's for sure.

What do you have against this company? If price was no object I would definitely try them out. I keep an open mind about golf and equipment. Yes the are expensive and so are Circle T putters which are no better than other putters IMHO. I wouldn't pay 3-4K+ for one that's for sure.

I think you are reading too much into my question. I also have an open mind and am here to learn. Price is a factor for the buyer. Some chose to pay more if they perceive more performance or higher quality. I pose my question to folks who have played PXG who can offer why they chose this brand over other quality brands like Mizuno or the new Ben Hogan for example.

In Mark Crossfield's review the PXG vs Mizuno vs AP2 the PXG tied Mizuno and beat the AP2 by 1 yd. Basically no difference. LOL So PXG did a great job of getting when older companies are but didn't show them up. He did much better that I thought he would. No, I would not spend 3Xs what other golf companies charge but you have to give the guy credit for the massive effort he put in even if you don't like the clubs. JMHO

In Mark Crossfield's review the PXG vs Mizuno vs AP2 the PXG tied Mizuno and beat the AP2 by 1 yd. Basically no difference. LOL So PXG did a great job of getting when older companies are but didn't show them up. He did much better that I thought he would. No, I would not spend 3Xs what other golf companies charge but you have to give the guy credit for the massive effort he put in even if you don't like the clubs. JMHO

I enjoy Mark's reviews. I will check that one out. Thanks.

I'm trying to think if a precedence has been set in the past. I'm far too young to remember, but was there similar sentiments when European exotic cars hit the US Market? American muscle versus European sports cars. I'd have to imagine initially there was a large distaste for the European cars which still lingers today, considering they are 2-3x more expensive. Thinking there are very similar parallels here.

That is an interesting parallel. I remember being in Germany in the late 90s. I was talking to a German coworker about US vs German cars. I remember him telling me that a German car like a Mercedes or BMW could ride on the autobahn at 130+ mph for a few hours with no problems while a US muscle car like a Mustang might have the same top-end speed...but that if you tried to go 130+ for a long period that the engine would blow up. Rather that was true or not....I believe him & a lot of Germans thought it was.

Last edited:
That is an interesting parallel. I remember being in Germany in the late 90s. I was talking to a German coworker about US vs German cars. I remember him telling me that a German car like a Mercedes or BMW could ride on the autobahn at 130+ mph for a few hours with no problems while a US muscle car like a Mustang might have the same top-end speed...but that if you tried to go 130+ for a long period that the engine would blow up. Rather that was true or not....I believe him & a lot of Germans thought it was.

Except now(for the most part) the script has been flipped and American made products are three times the cost

I think the hate comes from Parsons being so brash. Probably starting with nothing and becoming a billionaire will make some people have a brash personality :} Anyone that says his irons "are the world’s sexiest, most forgiving irons that launch higher, go farther, feel softer and have a sweet spot the size of Texas" will draw some hate.

JDM OEMs make similar statements:

Miura - Crafted by the hands of God
Epon - With the EPON brand Endo holds nothing back. While they provide premium forgings for major OEMs every one of those projects operates within a budget. Endo's EPON products are the epitome of what a forging manufacturer is capable of producing without any limitations. The EPON products are the cream of the crop.

Plus people hate the price which is about 2X the cost of AP2s or Apex & the common thinking is that you aren't getting 2X performance improvement. Which is true. If you think about it you get a set of irons that cost $600 & your aren't getting 2X the performance by buying a $1,200 set of AP2s or Apex either.

In Parson's way of thinking...what fun would it be if he made a set of irons and tried to sell them to the masses like every other company. That hasn't worked out to good for OEMs like Nike, Cleveland, or Adams. PXG probably has more sells and name recognition than Ben Hogans too.

Going to bump this question. I would love to hear this get answered a few times.

Options. More options is good thing.

These clubs are out of my price range but with all the screws to dial things in they are really interesting.

I'm just not a fan of the industrial look, I know it's something new and modern but I just can't stand the thought of looking at them

Going to bump this question. I would love to hear this get answered a few times.

Not having a chance to hit them I can't say I have love for them. For me I'm been curious why the hate is there when like me many haven't hit them.

I have no hate for them. I just am not willing to pay the price that they are asking for.

Last edited:
I think there may be some hate - but not as much as some poster believe. I do think that part of the reaction is due to in your face, we're the best club, attitude PXG takes in its ads. I am sure it is a great club and there are some great pros who are playing their clubs. I have seen tests between PXG clubs and other manufactures premium forged clubs and PXG did not perform any better than the other,less expensive clubs. Like many things that require skill you cannot buy a golf game. As Hogan said," you have to dig it out of the ground". I know guys who play beat up, what we would call awful clubs, and shot close to par.

The Love for PXG

The ultimate in adjustability and personal fitting. You get what you pay for, and this is (as far as golf clubs go) the best individual attention available. I think that you get lifetime adjustments included in the price of the irons, but I could be mistaken.

I think we should have a thread discussing forged vs. cast PXG irons and how they'd perform when using a K-sig golf ball.

Argued by who?

Did you read the thread? A lot was made of the signings not being relevant...it's the LPGA, no one knows who they are or what they played before. Creating the thread was even questioned.

I have no hate for PXG, I just don't pay attention to their line of clubs because it doesn't appeal to me. Cost is definitely a factor as well, I don't have that kind a cash to drop on clubs, heck I can't afford these new drivers at $500 a pop. I have to wait a few years until the cost comes down or buy second hand clubs.

Did you read the thread? A lot was made of the signings not being relevant...it's the LPGA, no one knows who they are or what they played before. Creating the thread was even questioned.

I don't think it's a question of relevancy.

The PXG signing thread had 93 posts in 12 hours. The Claude Harmon thread has 10 posts in half the time.

I think all threads are relevant (well maybe not a few :alien:) but the number of posts really determines "relevancy" for the people willing to discuss it.

That's the glory of the internet.

You cast a wide net. There were plenty of people who agreed that the signings would bring exposure. Both threads were relevant.

Back