The Highest Number on a Hole?

I had to card a 14 on a par 5 in a tournament. It was not fun and it was NOT fun returning to the tee. To be clear I was required to finish out the hole can could not simple concede or take a max.

Left OB (1 & 2)
Provisional OB Long (3 & 4) -- it just snuck under a fence by 6"
return to tee Left OB (5 & 6)
7 in the fairway (apparently it existed)
8 Layup short of green
9 in bunker behind green (absolute death on this hole as its pitched severely forward)
10 out and in front of green
11 chip on
12,13, 14 -- 3 putt

At a certain point your demoralized beyond belief so yeah 3 putt to finish it out.

No, for those of you who may ask ;), I did not take a pre-shot routine on any shot after the first 2 shots. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Technically I had a dot on that hole so it was a 14 for a 13... so I've got that going for me.

I think I made a 9. Hole 5 at my home course. Par 5 roughly 570yds.

OB off the tee
re-tee
Right rough
Lateral hazard next to a creek
Drop
Missed green short right
Chipped on
Putt to about 3’
Holed out

hate that hole sometimes. 🤷🏼‍♂️

The 18th hole Par 5
Great drive right down the middle
2nd shot to the top of the hill, however still had 185, down hill over water. Decided to pitch down. Pulled it left, behind a tree. Ok not bad. Tried to go over NOPE! Water.
Drop
Water
Drop
Water
Drop
Green
2 putt.....
And this was after a 10 on the 8th hole- 3 water balls that hole.
With a 10, and a 12 still managed to shoot 98!

Took a 9 on the last hole in league this year after coming in to the hole on a PB pace.

1- tee shot OB
3- tee shot in play
4- top
5- approach OB right of green
7- pitch on
8- putt
9- putt

Just completely fell apart for no reason.

welcome to golf haha

Too true! Golf can drive you insane, and still the peace and calm of being on the course drives me back as often as possible.

Space held while I do some research :ROFLMAO:

Most ego deflating @ +6 was 9 on 150 yd. par 3 with no penalties. Only personal satisfaction otter finally getting the green was sinking 20 footer.
The highest score was 10 on par 5 with 2 water balls. Had decent tee shot, #2 should have been a 3w for lay up in front of the first water pond but topped the ball and rolled 20 yds. 3rd shot kept 3w in hand and walked and smack into the water. #5 120 to green but pulled it left into second pond. #7 chipped over green, #8 bladed the chip to go long but stayed on fringe for 2 putt out.

This happened on same day and were on holes 4 & 6 with hole #5 another par 5 that I got my first par of the year on. Didn't quit break 100 that day, scored 101 but was last time I played from White tees. Since have moved up to the "old farts" gold tees and having much more fun.

I took an 12 a couple weeks ago. I hit a drive right down the middle and had 125 in. Then proceeded to fly the green and hacked a hole bunch then hopscotched the green again before 2 putting.

I'm sure this isn't my highest but it is since I started posting scores.

I made a 14 on a 210 yard uphill par 3. I had a weird outbreak of the tops. Could be that I'd not hit that hybrid much before, or a hybrid at all and one of those days, which was only an issue because the tee had a tiny forced carry maybe ten yards off the tee in a low area... some waist high garbage that was maybe fifteen yards deep.

So three into that, then one dead left that barely missed a cow, topped one more into the garbage, smoked one to eight feet, decided it was gonna be my immortal 12, knocked it four feet by, lipped out the comebacker.

I've made a few 15s in the past, but at least those were par 5s and the two I remember both a product of tilt caused by somehow hitting myself with my own ball.

many holes where i dont even know because i stopped keeping score earlier in the round due to too many blowups and or simply picked up and didnt even finish the hole/s.

Kind of like in my other thread about playing a difficult very unforgiving course where I never finished several holes and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn that day even if I was on an easy course.

Does a simulator count? Shot a 10 on hole 14 at Hualalai Resort. I hit my drive right and was behind a horse fence. For some reason the computer thought the fence was completely impenetrable even though I could see through it. Tried to hit over, nope. Punch through, nope. Putt under, nope. Ended up hitting back towards the tee and that got me out.

What is the biggest number you put up on a hole this year?
How did it happen?

This year? I can't remember above a 10. I have put up a 13 before though.

Hole 18 (par 5) of our Member-Member to lose our flight by 2 strokes 😭

1. Drive (OB)
  2. Penalty
  3. Drive to rough
  4. Layup in front of water
  5. Approach to bunker behind green
  6. bunker shot thin into water
  7. drop
  8. chunk pitch into front bunker
  9. bunker shot onto green
  10. putt
Hey, you got up and down out of the sand!

Some say I’m still on that hole.

3 shanks in a row on a par 5 with water all short and right. Go from up 6 in my CC flight to not up six. Those shanks carried over two more holes and then I was completely fine.

And that’s why I hate the f$&@*#% half wedge.

A 10 or 11. I am a donkey, otherwise I have put the details out of my mind.

Drive way right out of bounds
Penalty
2nd tee ball to fairway 180
Chunk iron into wetlands
Penalty drop
Wedge onto the green
I miss
I miss
I make

Brutal!

I would have to say my highest this year was a 10 at the 3rd hole Waterchase Fort Worth Texas.
1st-Did not draw out over the trees.
3rd did draw - a little too much
4th a punch out back across the fairway on the cart path, into the trees
6th lay out
7th into the ravine
9th on the green and a 20 foot one putt for 10

Can't remember anything higher than a 7. Have achieved that number of both par 4s and par 5s. Probably have about 6 - 8 of them to my credit this year. Most of them likely started out with a drive in serious trouble which resulted in a penalty stroke or two.

I think I had a 9 at one point. Golf was not fun that day.

Half Moon Bay Ocean Course #10 par 5
1-Tee shot left OB
3 - Tee shot left OB
5 - Tee shot right
6 - 5 iron into the fairway
7 - PW over the back of the back of the green
8 - 58* chunk
9- 58* onto green
10/11 - 2 putt

Yep this sounds about right for you :ROFLMAO:

I had a 9 on a par 4 that I would rather forget

Yep this sounds about right for you :ROFLMAO:
Not really.... you know I rarely miss left.... funny part was #9 - par 3 I hit the flag, ball dropped straight down and was like 4-6 inches from my first ever HIO.... shot 37 on the front and 48 on the back.... which is exactly right for me.... :mad:

Back