The Highest Number on a Hole?

Not really.... you know I rarely miss left.... funny part was #9 - par 3 I hit the flag, ball dropped straight down and was like 4-6 inches from my first ever HIO.... shot 37 on the front and 48 on the back.... which is exactly right for me.... :mad:
Did you start drinking at the turn? :drinks:

11. I hit every tree that Par 5 had to offer. And I feel like I forgot how to play golf for 10 minutes.

14.......I couldn’t figure out how to get the ball over a pond. Lost 4 in the water and 3 putted to top it off.

8 on a long par 4 in a tournament. Last hole. Did not make the cut.
Short drive in the fairway, approach shot short of the green.
Green sat uphill with a severe false front with the pin set up front.
Up and down the hill for what seemed liked forever.
Two putt

Carded a 9 twice in 11 rounds. One happened on a par 4 when I launched two consecutive shots into enveloping trash, topped the next one, just missed clearing a bunker, and eventually two-putted. The second occurred on a Par 5. My tee shot found a tree trunk and wound up about 40 yards in front of me. Follow that with three wormburners, two decent shots to get onto the green, and a three-putt. Bam - a 9.

For me, that was a remarkably good year. It's amazing how reducing blow-up holes can help your score.

Last edited:
Wait, am I doing this wrong? Because I've strictly been sticking to net double bogey per handicap recording guidelines. :oops:

I carded a 9 on a Par 5. Left 2nd and 4th shots in the ravine that guards front of the green. 6th shot barely cleared it. 7th chipping from below the green barely got on. Tricky long two-putt to save 9.

Freaking 10 on hole1 of second round of club championship. Terrible tee shot, re tee same result. It was awful. Lost payout by 1 stroke at the end of 3 rounds. Many shots cost me, but this hole was biggest number.

I know I put up a 10 on the par 5 6th.
Left OB
Right OB
Bunker
Bunker
3 putts
Golf can be hard.

I don't know how so many of you remember so many details from your rounds especially bad holes! :LOL:

My worst was probably a 10 or 11 that came most likely from a sh***y tee shot and then another sh***y tee shot and then probably some water and a chunk or two and then eventually probably a 1-putt. 😂

11. A bit of a blur but it included OB on the approach shot with an iron (not off the tee...); a green side whiff - my 60 went completely under the ball on a fluffy lie; and a 1 foot missed putt as it bounced off the mandatory pin that could not be removed due to Covid. I laughed throughout as I saw my chances of qualifying for club championship slip away.

Do you like puzzles' Mary Beth Medina? The Accountant.
18 tenth hole.
Tee shot center right with perfect approach to pin on second tier.
Second shot in the water.
I'm not going to the drop zone, I'll just drop another here. I know what I'm doing?
Forth shot same result, water. I said that I know what I'm doing...
Sixth shot over the green and duff the chip on and a really nice three putt
Are you kidding me you stupid freaking F*^K, SOB... What a ass hat. Nice finish eh... Steller irons.

No clue. I do know @Hamfist was involved and after a certain point all scoring is creative with him.

The biggest number I put on a card was an 8. Which I’ve done multiple times. Past double and it really doesn’t matter anyways, if I were still keeping an official HC.

Wait, am I doing this wrong? Because I've strictly been sticking to net double bogey per handicap recording guidelines. :oops:

Sort of. The net double bogey is just what is used for handicap but your score is your score. A lot of people use the esc number as sort of a max score and that isn't a terrible practice if you aren't playing in a tournament or are not a masochist.

I took a 10 a couple weeks ago during a frosty morning on a par 5. Drive into the pond, and then the comedy of errors continued. Still shot an 88 though:ROFLMAO:

15 on a par 5 -
tee shot in water
3rd shot tried skipping 5 iron across pond came up short
5th shot same as above
7th shot same as above
9th shot came up one skip short
11th shot last skip hit bank and rolled back in pond
13th shot got the skips correct left me 150 into green
14th shot 9 iron to 15 feet
15th shot 1 putt

A "10" readily comes to my mind. It happened on a par 4. It involved a lateral water hazard. Some 6" rough, and two green side bunkers. Add in a few missed putts, and I'm writing down a 10.

This was at Boulder Creek GC several months ago. It was a pretty easy looking hole too.

Most of the time if I'm having a bad day, double par is pick up, and move on time. That, or I finish the round up with a short iron, and call it practice.

9 on a par 5...my bunker game needs a lot of work.

i did not play a lot this year but i can remember a few holes where i wasn't even at the green yet and i was already 2 over for that hole. we usually just picked up after 2 over....no tourney's just for fun and it helps us keep pace of play, since we are already slow.

What is the biggest number you put up on a hole this year?
How did it happen?
Took a 13 on the final hole of the final round of a tournament. Still have PTSD
1) perfect drive leaving 190 into a par 5.
2) shank into the water
3) drop 140 out
4) shank into the water
5) drop
6) shank into the water
7) drop
8) Hit over water
9) walk to green, can't find ball anywhere.
10) walk all the way back, drop again
11) hit to 3 ft
12) miss putt
13) hole putt.

I pick up after it's clear that I am getting a triple. I did that within 100 yards of the tee box once this year. Hit one OB, topped the next one into some weeds about 90 yards away, then hit one fat into a creek.

Triple bogey. Anything higher than that I’d pickup and walk to the next hole

Back