4. Chip out
5. Snap hook 3 wood OB
7. 3 wood to bunker in front of green
8. Bladed SW over the green to deeeep rough
9. Chunked wedge short of green
10. Chipped on the green
11. Putt
12. Putt

I don't know how so many of you remember so many details from your rounds especially bad holes! :LOL:

My wife asks me the same question when I can't remember to pick up that loaf of bread and gallon of milk on my way home from work !

My wife asks me the same question when I can't remember to pick up that loaf of bread and gallon of milk on my way home from work !
hahaha and it's a fair question, sir! 😂

15 on a par 5 -
tee shot in water
3rd shot tried skipping 5 iron across pond came up short
5th shot same as above
7th shot same as above
9th shot came up one skip short
11th shot last skip hit bank and rolled back in pond
13th shot got the skips correct left me 150 into green
14th shot 9 iron to 15 feet
15th shot 1 putt
You know ... after your 11th shot you could have dropped on the other side of the pond. Saved yourself a few strokes. Lol

It was a 10 on a fairly easy par four. If we broaden out, it would probably be a 13/DNF from two years ago on a par 3 over water. I hit 4 or 5 into the water and then I was going to tee another one up and I just threw it in the water - the puzzled looks were funny from my playing partners but it was going to go there either way.

You know ... after your 11th shot you could have dropped on the other side of the pond. Saved yourself a few strokes. Lol
What would have been the fun in that?

This year?

I had a 10 on a par 5. Two OB from the tee, next to the bunker, chunked that Shot and barely got out, chip, three jack.

It was amazing :(

10 on #18 at Sand Valley. Perfect drive but laid the sod over my "layup." Fatted the next one into a bunker, took me 2 to get out, missed the green, chip, 3 putt.

For an 84. oof....

10 on a Par 3:mad: just one of those holes where nothing seemed to go right. Typically I’ll pick up once I’ve doubled par.

X or +3 would have been the highest score I "carded" all year. Anything worse than that and I'm tending the flag or guarding the cart

I'm never in a position where I have to play to hole to it's proper ending (no tournaments, etc) for the sake of myself and others once it gets to double par i'll pick up and be out of the hole.

I don't recall which hole this was, nor what par was, though I recall what the hole looked like. Lessee...

Drove into the rough on the right side of the fairway.
Hit it onto the left side side of the fairway (was actually a good place to be).
Hit it (fade/slice) to the right side of the green, right on the edge of the woods.
Really, really bad lie, but tried to play it. Chipped it to just the other side of the cart path.
Looked at the new lie, sitting on hard dirt and stones, grumbled "No way am I doing that to my wedge"
Improved my lie [*]
Chipped it into the rough next to the green.
Finally chipped it up onto the green.
(Yeah, three-five strokes to move ±20 yards.)
One putt.
Two... annnnd one foot short.

So 12 [*] :cool:

[*] I'm not certain if my moving the ball to get it off the hardpan and stones constituted improving my lie. I'm assuming it did. So I counted that as two strokes.

I'm never in a position where I have to play to hole to it's proper ending (no tournaments, etc) for the sake of myself and others once it gets to double par i'll pick up and be out of the hole.
I don't usually play beyond a triple bogey. This was something of an exception. (I think it was only a par 4.)

I carded a 23 on what should be a very easy par 5 once. I sliced my second shot onto the adjacent fairway leaving an approach over water that shouldn’t even be in play on the hole I was playing. I chunked 8 straight balls into the water before finally getting one over and taking four more shots to hole out...at least I think that’s the right math.

Before you fire off the hate mail...there was nobody anywhere close behind us and my playing partners wanted to see how it played out.

ETA: I missed the “this year” part of the OP. The one above happened several years ago. This year my biggest number was a 12.

Last edited:
I had a couple 11's this year on par 5's. Basically a penalty on each shot on the way to the green then a couple putts. The other was a couple OB's on some sweet shanked PWs.

Back