The Home Renovation Thread

Went to the house to check things out and the gutters were done, BUT half of them had downspouts in the wrong places that I’d discussed with builder along with just some places that don’t make sense. I’m no rocket scientist but placement like shown below just doesn’t make sense, so builder not only has to have a bunch of the guttering replaced but siding where it’s screwed in has to be replaced. I was pretty po’d bc it’s just annoying bc I had discussed everything with the builder, but I guess it’s whatever. He’s fixing it on his dime.
This one I think should kick out towards field but maybe I’m wrong…
IMG_9575.jpeg
This one is supposed to be on the corner to the right where the drainage pipe is sticking out of ground. (Discussed with builder).
IMG_9576.jpeg
This one should be all the way to the right where two rooflines meet and comes down to a drainage pipe as discussed with builder. I mean running across concrete doesn’t make sense to me but what do I know.
IMG_9573.jpeg

Last edited:
Since cabinets and flooring are pushed to the month of May now, I went into my Lowes account and pushed delivery date of my appliances to 5/17. Ugh.

Went to the house to check things out and the gutters were done, BUT half of them had downspouts in the wrong places that I’d discussed with builder along with just some places that don’t make sense. I’m no rocket scientist but placement like shown below just doesn’t make sense, so builder not only has to have a bunch of the guttering replaced but siding where it’s screwed in has to be replaced. I was pretty po’d bc it’s just annoying bc I had discussed everything with the builder, but I guess it’s whatever. He’s fixing it on his dime.
This one I think should kick out towards field but maybe I’m wrong…
View attachment 9257539
This one is supposed to be on the corner to the right where the drainage pipe is sticking out of ground. (Discussed with builder).
View attachment 9257543
This one should be all the way to the right where two rooflines meet and comes down to a drainage pipe as discussed with builder. I mean running across concrete doesn’t make sense to me but what do I know.
View attachment 9257545
Gutters are fixed, but still have 2 pieces of siding and a piece of the black metal to be fixed on the bottom of the j-channel where they had cut it for the gutter, but builder will fix it. Other news...our french door is not black like stated. It is like a slate blue color and now has to be painted...but all of our outside doors are being painted black. I'm just ready for all this to be done.

All drywall is going up today though according to my builder.

Last edited:
Back