The Hot Tub Thread

TonyB

Reaction score
Handicap
We bought a house that we close on May 25 that has a Hot Tub. What are you using for water maintenance, Chlorine,Bromine or Salt Water system? I am considering getting the getting the Saltron Salt system but outside of being in Salt Water pools I know nothing about them. Anyone use this system? Pros and Cons of each type. Maintenance schedule?

I have a salt water pool and their is a misconception that salt is different than chlorine. The salt water systems work in conjunction with a chlorine generator that is in line next to the main pump. It generates chlorine at a level you set. The advantage is lower maintenance since the pump typically runs for at least 4 hours each day, the water gets a continuous dose of chlorine and often you can run the chlorine levels a bit lower than a normal pool/hot tub.

This is the Salt system that I am considering. https://solaxx.com/products/mini.html I like the idea of having less chemicals although the Saltron is converting the salt to Chlorine but I would not be adding external chemicals other than a occasional shock treatment.

There is so much info out there about this but it's hard to decipher what is best. Many of the anti-salt system post are from Hot Tub retail places that don't want to lose revenue from people having to purchase all the chemicals from them.

Back