The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

Things are getting real now.

a529b5eb6606c354c3bc587160bdb4fd.jpg

97932636befec248d4ab5b401de9ac66.jpg

c8ae95a19b38802251978a962dd2d415.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats! I hope you're planning to plant some trees. Looks like the neighborhood could use some shade!

Congrats! I hope you're planning to plant some trees. Looks like the neighborhood could use some shade!

For sure we will have trees, but I will be dead before they reach maturity. We will plant some after we get a feel for the place when we move in. The subdivision itself is surrounded by trees and woodlands and we will have an outdoor living space that will offer plenty of shade.

JM

3.5 hours in the selection center and $5k in upgrades and I’m beat. Moved some windows and doors around too. Overall very happy and getting more excited each day.

JM

3.5 hours in the selection center and $5k in upgrades and I’m beat. Moved some windows and doors around too. Overall very happy and getting more excited each day.

JM

Sounds like you got off easy

Sounds like you got off easy

Amen to that brother! One caveat is that we don’t do the lighting budget until drywall is up, so there is another shoe that will drop haha. Also been looking at zero turn mowers, broadcast spreader, aeration and striping attachments. Back fence is 80 yards so some sort of green that will accept pitches will be in order someday haha..

JM

Amen to that brother! One caveat is that we don’t do the lighting budget until drywall is up, so there is another shoe that will drop haha. Also been looking at zero turn mowers, broadcast spreader, aeration and striping attachments. Back fence is 80 yards so some sort of green that will accept pitches will be in order someday haha..

JM

How about a Top Golf setup? Big screen on each side & you can tee off from the upstairs balcony or roof

JM

Holy ****, my cabinet upgrades were more the that. I’m jealous.

Besides I need money for Claymores!

Really nice inside, but I've got to say, kind of a weird entry way. Walk right into the kitchen practically. And what's with the seating?! How many people are they feeding?
I can't speak to the entry way, but they would frequently fill that table and others.

anyone have any packing tips? Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the idea of packing all my crap up.

anyone have any packing tips? Feeling a bit overwhelmed by the idea of packing all my crap up.

The few times I’ve done it, we’ve placed boxes in each room and whatever didn’t make the list was donated.

Helped us declutter and had less to move

Go room by room, it makes it easier than doing a little here and a little there. Also, use your sheets, blankets and towels to wrap up your fragile items and put extra pillows in the bottom of boxes with fragile items in there, saves on buying packing paper or bubble wrap and lets you pack both your fragile items and your linens at the same time. Also, label everything, or you will go nuts trying to find stuff later.

Room by room, try not to pack things into cabinets or other furniture as it makes them really hard to move then. See it as a chance to get rid of some stuff you don't really need :)

Really nice inside, but I've got to say, kind of a weird entry way. Walk right into the kitchen practically. And what's with the seating?! How many people are they feeding?

That's become pretty common with current "open" Floorplans. If you wanted a bit more privacy that half wall could easily be closed up.

But let's don't pretend that anything but that garage sold the house.

Shove it into a bag/box and figure it out later. Just label it well haha

Also, a good time to get rid of stuff you don’t need

Figure out what the essentials are and keep them out/separate.

Then room by room.. also figure out what you don't need and just throw it out/sell it, will save a bunch of space and maybe even make a few bucks

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That's become pretty common with current "open" Floorplans. If you wanted a bit more privacy that half wall could easily be closed up.

But let's don't pretend that anything but that garage sold the house.

I am so glad we put a massive, traditional dining room in when we built our house. Our guests love chatting after dinner in the dining room while not being disturbed by all the other stuff going on in the kitchen and family room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The house next door put a sign out Saturday. Hit all the websites yesterday. Its already pending.

https://www.trulia.com/p/fl/crawfordville/1652-wakulla-arran-rd-crawfordville-fl-32327--2194383892

I am always a believer in if your price is accepted immediately, then you probably priced it too low. My neighbor put their house up for sale and they had five offers in less than a week with two being full listing. We all agreed, as their neighbors, they listed too low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back