The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

Well I think we have a counter offer that will be accepted today. That means we will close on the house at the end of July.

So the great house hunt if 2014 begins tonight. Hopefully we find something we love and then we pack up and move on to a bigger better home.

Nice dude!!! That's fantastic.

Nice dude!!! That's fantastic.

It's incredibly exciting and nerve wracking as well. Haha. But I am looking forward to the process.

I hope all goes well with your new place as well! Once you are settled in I will have to come visit. Some golf needs to be played and rum to be shared.

Well we sold the house as long as inspection goes well. Woohoo!

After another 6 or 7 houses yesterday, I think we found the house for us. Just have to make sure the numbers work and we will be putting an offer in today or tomorrow. Pretty excited for that. However I am not excited about packing and moving. Haha

Debating on building again after 15 yrs. had fun doing the first time around. ALOT of work to get were we are now not so much work this time around for me IF I get my way plus the back yard joins a 45 hole course http://kettlehills4-px.rtrk.com/

That's awesome GregDan

99 45hole course is a gigantic plus

The highs and lows of home buying/selling are pretty comical. I think the worst part is the inspection of the homes, as it's tough not to fall in love with something.

We're getting very close to finalizing the deal on our current home, and then will begin the inspection process of our potential home. Can't wait for that. Can't wait for mid July!

Well we sold the house as long as inspection goes well. Woohoo!

After another 6 or 7 houses yesterday, I think we found the house for us. Just have to make sure the numbers work and we will be putting an offer in today or tomorrow. Pretty excited for that. However I am not excited about packing and moving. Haha

Sounds like me you and Dan need a home buying / moving support group. Haha Congrats buddy

Sounds like me you and Dan need a home buying / moving support group. Haha Congrats buddy

Haha. I think we do.

We put in our offer for our potential home tonight. Now we wait to see if they accept or just laugh. We thought the house was pretty overpriced so hopefully they realize that and give us a good counter.

Haha. I think we do.

We put in our offer for our potential home tonight. Now we wait to see if they accept or just laugh. We thought the house was pretty overpriced so hopefully they realize that and give us a good counter.

Haha people never realize how overpriced their house is. We offered 297 on a house listed at 299. They rejected. The house is still on the market for 270 now.

The highs and lows of home buying/selling are pretty comical. I think the worst part is the inspection of the homes, as it's tough not to fall in love with something.

We're getting very close to finalizing the deal on our current home, and then will begin the inspection process of our potential home. Can't wait for that. Can't wait for mid July!

I feel ya buddy. I think we will be fine on the inspection of our house.but you just never know and that makes me nervous.

Haha people never realize how overpriced their house is. We offered 297 on a house listed at 299. They rejected. The house is still on the market for 270 now.

Haha. It's crazy isn't it? I mean whats 2k? People just think their house is better than what it really is. The housing market still isn't as good as it was but people want to believe it is.

We have the greatest realtor in the world.
He is small enough to climb through windows (metaphorically and physically).
Has tons of knowledge.
He is the best.

Thanks Mward. We keep changing plans on him, and he keeps doing right by us.

Has tons of knowledge.
He is the best.

Have I had to climb through a window yet? Honest question. It wouldn't be the first time I've had to enter a house in an odd way when another agent can't give me a correct code...

Well... My beloved townhouse is on the market. Hate to see it go, but with a 11 month old, we've gotta get something bigger and with a wonderful yard for the little dude. It was the first home I ever purchased and has been nothing but a delight to call home.

The fiancé and I seem to like a lot of the same things in a home. We both LOVE old/older homes that have been renovated to make them look up to date. We have one house that we absolutely love. The area, home, price and everything in between. We've had our eye on this home since the day we saw the FOR SALE sign go in the front yard. We've got a showing set up this week to take a look and this will make the 5928282nd house we have viewed. Or at least it feels like it. This area was designed by Thomas Jefferson and has a ton of historic things about it.

The owners of the house are having to relocate and are crazy motivated to sell. Which means, this could be a perfect match. They completely renovated the home in 2009 and the pictures don't do it justice.

Couple of pics..

31278ea002f4d51c3413d8e040516f11_zps99db00e1.jpg

d7a27321dbcbfb412429da1f4ae14beb_zpsb9dfa3df.jpg

Has tons of knowledge.
He is the best.

Mike was a great help to us as well even from FL. Answered all of my questions (most of which were dumb) and even hooked us up with a realtor.

Congrats Canadan!

Congrats, Dan! That looks like a beautiful place to call home.

We are homeless!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...at least until the 14th hahahahaha

Ive never heard of a happier homeless person

Congrats Dan!!

Congrats Dan! Glad to see that it worked out.

JM

Loving the support, thanks guys!!

We went out tonight and celebrated the potential acquisition by purchasing a new washer and dryer. Awesome deal and the set my wife has been dying to have.

Great stuff. Love seeing her smile and have fun like that.

Loving the support, thanks guys!!

We went out tonight and celebrated the potential acquisition by purchasing a new washer and dryer. Awesome deal and the set my wife has been dying to have.

Great stuff. Love seeing her smile and have fun like that.

Congrats dude!

Pretty sure we are going to be buying our future home today, well put in an offer at least. Our first choice was a bust since they were asking WAY to much. So we are on out second choice and I think we will still be extremely happy in the house. Pretty pumped up.

Back