The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

Its no joke. Yesterday was awesome with 10% of the value of the place...
There are so many bullsh!t hidden fees.
I have spoken to hundreds of realtors and most of them agree with me...Including ours and he has been great.

Yeah. We got our final "good faith estimate " of our monthly payments and it's $100 more a month than 2 weeks ago. Not to mention the processing fee.

Unless you locked your interest rate the day you saw it, your rate can still fluctuate. Not to mention, insurance can make that number dance around a bit.

So let's talk about insurance... That quote though..

Unless you locked your interest rate the day you saw it, your rate can still fluctuate. Not to mention, insurance can make that number dance around a bit.

So let's talk about insurance... That quote though..

Yeah our rate is locked in. And it was locked in 2 weeks ago or at least that's what they told me.

Inspection is going extremely well on the new place! !! such good news.

Good to hear, def gotta be a relief for you two.

The two Dan's getting houses and Dev getting approved is awesome!!!

Okay now Wardy...its in your hands now.

My favorite are hoa estoppel fees. What a load of crap that is.

Let me pay you money so I can move out of your neighborhood.

My favorite are hoa estoppel fees. What a load of crap that is.

Let me pay you money so I can move out of your neighborhood.

They're even better when a short sale. Thankfully, this one is not. Blegh.

They're even better when a short sale. Thankfully, this one is not. Blegh.

Nope...This one should be pretty darn easy.

And boom...We are all set.

The first wall went up on our new house this morning. I'll try and take a picture this evening and get it posted up soon.

Our realtor is the best. Just found something out about a property we are ready to close on and he is so quick to handle it. Turns out they may not allow pets. Whole that is fine as we won't be living in it, this one is quite strict.

God forbid something happen to us or our landlord now and knowing we own a condo that we can't go to would be a tough one for us.

Of course Ward is all over it and getting everything looked into. Of you are ever looking around for a place in FL there is a THPer that is honest and smart that can help. He rocks.

Our realtor is the best. Just found something out about a property we are ready to close on and he is so quick to handle it. Turns out they may not allow pets. Whole that is fine as we won't be living in it, this one is quite strict.

God forbid something happen to us or our landlord now and knowing we own a condo that we can't go to would be a tough one for us.

Of course Ward is all over it and getting everything looked into. Of you are ever looking around for a place in FL there is a THPer that is honest and smart that can help. He rocks.

We are actually looking at selling our house in the next year and looking for a townhouse to rent in the neighboring city. Unfortunately, I have to come up with some $$ for some repairs and maintenance before I can sell. Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I really wanted to custom build our next house, work with a builder on the floorplan and pick the finishes. We just couldn't find land and ran out of time.

So we bought new from a custom builder instead and moved into this about 2 weeks ago! Saved a ton of money and has a lot of what we were looking for. Still unpacking... :)

IS91relaitkyy20000000000.jpg

My wife and I really wanted to custom build our next house, work with a builder on the floorplan and pick the finishes. We just couldn't find land and ran out of time.

So we bought new from a custom builder instead and moved into this about 2 weeks ago! Saved a ton of money and has a lot of what we were looking for. Still unpacking... :)

I wish i could have convinced my wife of doing this. I wanted so much to just buy but she insisted and it was been a very long/slow process and they haven't even dug the basement yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a beautiful house man, enjoy it!

Well we just had the Selections for the home building, and OMG what a process it was. Things that you don't even think about you need to decide right then. Plus my wife walked in thinking I had an endless budget and wanted to upgrade everything she could. But after it was all said and done i walked out only being about $5,000 over budget and the bank said that was fine so looks to be in good shape.

Well we just had the Selections for the home building, and OMG what a process it was. Things that you don't even think about you need to decide right then. Plus my wife walked in thinking I had an endless budget and wanted to upgrade everything she could. But after it was all said and done i walked out only being about $5,000 over budget and the bank said that was fine so looks to be in good shape.

My wife did the same. She went with a realtor while I was at work then called & told me she bought a house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back