The House Searching / Buying/ Building Thread

Congrats dude!

Pretty sure we are going to be buying our future home today, well put in an offer at least. Our first choice was a bust since they were asking WAY to much. So we are on out second choice and I think we will still be extremely happy in the house. Pretty pumped up.

Good luck Dan Gregorio

Congrats dude!

Pretty sure we are going to be buying our future home today, well put in an offer at least. Our first choice was a bust since they were asking WAY to much. So we are on out second choice and I think we will still be extremely happy in the house. Pretty pumped up.

That's so exciting dude. I am sure it's going to work out well for you guys!

We spent the day yesterday with our smaller realtor. He was (as always), amazing in showing us everything.
Knowledge on top of knowledge and he was prepared.
Showed us one that I literally HAD TO HAVE until GG talked some sense into me.
Thanks Wardy. Now the fun part begins.

I think having that tiny person as a realtor would be an absolute trip, although I'd probably prolong the experience out of sheer entertainment.

Good luck JB and GG!

We spent the day yesterday with our smaller realtor. He was (as always), amazing in showing us everything.
Knowledge on top of knowledge and he was prepared.
Showed us one that I literally HAD TO HAVE until GG talked some sense into me.
Thanks Wardy. Now the fun part begins.

Staying in the same area?

I'be been trying to help my daughter with advice on her first home purchase. She has been transferred from DC to Pensacola, FL and made her first offer ever on a home. She's so excited. That will change a little when the counter comes back. Lol. Wish Wardy worked that part of Fl.

One day we'll go back after that one with the room with a view, and a puzzle room.

We are definitely not moving buddy. We like our house quite a bit.

I was wondering. THP beach house it is!! Haha

Good luck Dan Gregorio

That's so exciting dude. I am sure it's going to work out well for you guys!

Thanks guys. I think it will be pretty easy. They are out of the area and the house has been on the market for quite some time. But it will be really close to work for me and close to shopping, restaurants and the likes as well. We already have good friends in the neighborhood as well so that's a plus. All around its a really good deal for us.

No beach house guys. Although we looked at some places on the beach including the one Wardy mentioned above that was incredibly special.

Haha. It was worth a try. I wish you guys luck and hope you find what you are looking for.

Loving the support, thanks guys!!

We went out tonight and celebrated the potential acquisition by purchasing a new washer and dryer. Awesome deal and the set my wife has been dying to have.

Great stuff. Love seeing her smile and have fun like that.

Congrats!

Yay!! We will no longer be homeless! Just had our offer countered but it was exactly what we were comfortable with paying. So relieved that's all taken care of. Now to just pack up and move out.

Congrats Dan(s)!

I am in talks with a neighbor regarding cutting out 15 acres and selling to him. That would go along way towards paying off our mortgage and make it easier to sell our house with just 3 acres instead of 18.

Talking to an appraiser tomorrow and hope to get one completed over the next few weeks. Here's to some good luck I hope.

While I was out playing tonight we received an email that our mortgage has been approved and our rate is locked in at 4.25%. This is really happening.. Haha OMG

While I was out playing tonight we received an email that our mortgage has been approved and our rate is locked in at 4.25%. This is really happening.. Haha OMG

Dude that's awesome. Hoping I can get an interest rate like that. It would be about 1.5% less than what I have now. Haha

I find some of the items in closing costs an absolute scam.

I find some of the items in closing costs an absolute scam.

I remember meeting with a mortgage broker a few years ago when we were pretty serious about a place. Went through what closing costs would be, and I think my jaw hit his desk. Couldn't believe all the stuff that was on the list and the costs associated with them.

I remember meeting with a mortgage broker a few years ago when we were pretty serious about a place. Went through what closing costs would be, and I think my jaw hit his desk. Couldn't believe all the stuff that was on the list and the costs associated with them.

Its no joke. Yesterday was awesome with 10% of the value of the place...
There are so many bullsh!t hidden fees.
I have spoken to hundreds of realtors and most of them agree with me...Including ours and he has been great.

Back