The ICON EV Thread

Ours is scheduled for delivery on Friday I believe. We will post up some pics when it comes in.
After you suggested it the other day, I found out that our local golf cart dealer is an icon dealer. Unfortunately, they have zero inventory of all the brands they carry right now. This looks like a very promising option!

Here is the current Dill mobile. The only aftermarket items are the speaker system and the LED kit. I installed both myself, and built that custom mounting plate with the fuse box and amp you see in one of the pictures. LED kit was from Amazon and gets programmed from the phone.

View attachment 9017881View attachment 9017882View attachment 9017883View attachment 9017884View attachment 9017885View attachment 9017886View attachment 9017887View attachment 9017888
Wow! No that is exactly what I am looking for. I love the MTX amp. That brings back memories from twenty five years ago!

After you suggested it the other day, I found out that our local golf cart dealer is an icon dealer. Unfortunately, they have zero inventory of all the brands they carry right now. This looks like a very promising option!
I know you wanted lithium. There have been people who made the conversion to lithium, but it’s a bit of a process. I plan on doing it, but not until I kill these Trojan batteries I got.

#1 upgrade for me would be the lift / bigger wheels.

#2 speaker system

#3 lights

#1 upgrade for me would be the lift / bigger wheels.

#2 speaker system

#3 lights
Mine came lifted with the wheels you see. That’s the “L” on the model designation. I have been thinking about putting some new wheels on mine, maybe something in black or bronze. But it’s a lot of money for something that would be purely aesthetic. The wheel options for these can be a bit more limited because of sizing requirements, but it’s getting better. I’m curious to see if @JB can cram some 12s in there without a lift. I think it can be done, but I want to see what the process is like.

If I had to put a sound system on another ICON, I would seriously consider the Exogear options. I think you can find a way to fit the 26” option over the second/rear seat. For wiring, you can pick up 12v real easy by piggybacking the USB charger connections.

If I had to put a sound system on another ICON, I would seriously consider the Exogear options. I think you can find a way to fit the 26” option over the second/rear seat. For wiring, you can pick up 12v real easy by piggybacking the USB charger connections.
I think I’m still partial to moveable Bluetooth speakers rather than running something off of power if I can.

I think I’m still partial to moveable Bluetooth speakers rather than running something off of power if I can.
Try it. Best part is that if plan a doesn’t fit your needs, you can still mount something later. I can also point you in the right direction as to how to wire it up, if need be. #facetimemechanic

That looks pretty simple yet effective. I like that.

I am very interested in the i60L. Do these have a lot of options or do you pick a color and then have to go to the aftermarket for customizations? For instance, are there any factory options on Rims, seats, seatbelts, etc?

Attachments

• 1627136595305.png
    1627136595305.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 6
I am very interested in the i60L. Do these have a lot of options or do you pick a color and then have to go to the aftermarket for customizations? For instance, are there any factory options on Rims, seats, seatbelts, etc?
Seatbelts are standard. Heck they are pretty loaded to start with. Wheels and tires will be dealer dependent.

Seatbelts are standard. Heck they are pretty loaded to start with. Wheels and tires will be dealer dependent.
Thanks. I need to take a trip down to the dealer that is all of 2 miles away. Unfortunately I am so slammed with work that I can’t find the time during their hours.

@JB wow. I found my dealers online ordering catalog and when I saw the Icon prices, this is a no brainer!

If it wasn’t for THP, I wouldn’t be looking at them so closely and are now at the top of my lit’s.

@JB wow. I found my dealers online ordering catalog and when I saw the Icon prices, this is a no brainer!

If it wasn’t for THP, I wouldn’t be looking at them so closely and are now at the top of my lit’s.
While they may not say this, there is some flexibility on the MSRP price. Whether your dealer will budge is another story based on current inventory, but it is, in theory, possible in my area.

I posted the below information in another thread, but I wanted to put it here too because I think it would be helpful to some in the future when considering this cart.

A question was as to how the ICON handles hills. Mresponse was:

The prior models of the ICON line (2020 and prior) mostly came with a 4kw motor, which was sluggish in hilly areas (like California). In 2020, some carts sent to those hilly regions were sent with a 5kw motor, which I understand will start to be the standard as time goes on. You can tell which motor your ICON has by looking at the build plaque next to the pedals. From what I hear, the 5kw motor handles hills without an issue.

055EE7FB-FDED-49E3-BFE8-31831EF424F3.jpeg

While they may not say this, there is some flexibility on the MSRP price. Whether your dealer will budge is another story based on current inventory, but it is, in theory, possible in my area.
Very true. Mine did, and had 2 60l’s and 2 40’s. We got a better deal with first service free and full warranty.

Thr cost of carts has gone way up and it’s going to continue to get even more expensive.

I posted the below information in another thread, but I wanted to put it here too because I think it would be helpful to some in the future when considering this cart.

A question was as to how the ICON handles hills. Mresponse was:

The prior models of the ICON line (2020 and prior) mostly came with a 4kw motor, which was sluggish in hilly areas (like California). In 2020, some carts sent to those hilly regions were sent with a 5kw motor, which I understand will start to be the standard as time goes on. You can tell which motor your ICON has by looking at the build plaque next to the pedals. From what I hear, the 5kw motor handles hills without an issue.

View attachment 9018367
My dealer told me the same thing. Mine is a 4kw, and they told me that most on lots are 4kw. Yet that many that will be hitting later this year will be 5. Only CA was getting the 5s to start for some reason, but large collection of dealers there.

I just want to make it evident for new readers of this thread that @BigDill refers to his cart as the Dill Mobile, and that's the funniest thing I've read all day.

So far no issues with our Icon. It’s been working like a champ.

Just had a watering system put on the ICON to make it simple to water the batteries.

Just had a watering system put on the ICON to make it simple to water the batteries.
What brand of batteries do you have on that bad boy, and what watering system did you go with? I have thought about it a couple times, but I have only had to add water once since I have had the cart.

What brand of batteries do you have on that bad boy, and what watering system did you go with? I have thought about it a couple times, but I have only had to add water once since I have had the cart.
Trojan

782432F3-DD3E-403F-A993-C9A7662A64F2.jpeg

I took Chris Koske around my course the day before we played in our cart (we used club carts for round) and it’s scary how different going 30 is around the course compared to normal speeds. Those cart paths are bumpy haha.

Back