The ICON EV Thread

I took Chris Koske around my course the day before we played in our cart (we used club carts for round) and it’s scary how different going 30 is around the course compared to normal speeds. Those cart paths are bumpy haha.
I feel like going 30 all the time in my own golf cart would absolutely RUIN my on course cart speed experience.

I almost bought one the other day - my son and I were out looking and nearly dropped the CC down on this one.
A5AD1BF4-F2F7-48DD-BF38-363B77B81198.jpegEF916AEB-5DF2-4697-92F1-27F027907ABB.jpegEF916AEB-5DF2-4697-92F1-27F027907ABB.jpeg

How much did they want for a 6 seater?
I think it was about $12k. They had this one but still have not finished getting it all assembled and cleaned up.
B7029182-1AEF-408C-AD91-F277212B91B0.jpeg

That's it. That's the one. That body color matched top is fantastic.
If the dealer had it ready that I could have driven off the lot that day, we would have bought it. They made the mistake of saying that we would have to come back Tuesday. By that time, we talked ourselves out of it.

If the dealer had it ready that I could have driven off the lot that day, we would have bought it. They made the mistake of saying that we would have to come back Tuesday. By that time, we talked ourselves out of it.
Why wouldnt they have just sold it and said delivery was next week.

Why wouldnt they have just sold it and said delivery was next week.
I was ready to make the impulse purchase that day and drive it off the lot. The dealer said that either wouldn’t be ready until the following week anyway so he said to come back on Tuesday if I want it. My guess is that it was late Friday before the 3 day weekend and he just wanted to go home. Demand is so high that someone would be in to buy them next week anyway.

I was ready to make the impulse purchase that day and drive it off the lot. The dealer said that either wouldn’t be ready until the following week anyway so he said to come back on Tuesday if I want it. My guess is that it was late Friday before the 3 day weekend and he just wanted to go home. Demand is so high that someone would be in to buy them next week anyway.
You are correct about that. But if you are paying retail, its still a good deal IMO these days, at least here in Miami.

Just made a little upgrade to the ICON. At around 30 mph, the cart starts to wobble a bit when I have a few people on it. So I decided to install some wheel spacers so give it a wider track. $115 from Amazon, and easy to install.

89BC3029-F74A-473D-8542-B1431A50A388.jpeg

BEFORE:
6C1EE736-1B50-4F6F-85CC-3FA9F1CD64CE.jpeg

AFTER:
21B3C531-439E-426A-B16D-9FB40AC1F38E.jpeg36E7F1A0-DEDC-4470-AB9D-4052110EA892.jpeg

Just made a little upgrade to the ICON. At around 30 mph, the cart starts to wobble a bit when I have a few people on it. So I decided to install some wheel spacers so give it a wider track. $115 from Amazon, and easy to install.

View attachment 9035681

BEFORE:
View attachment 9035682

AFTER:
View attachment 9035683View attachment 9035684

I love the stance, that looks great! Those tires are phenomenal, they are one of my all time favorites dating back to the '80's on three wheelers.

I love the stance, that looks great! Those tires are phenomenal, they are one of my all time favorites dating back to the '80's on three wheelers.
They look awesome, but they are so much louder than the trees radials I had in my old cart. And they tend to bounce a bit more. But all of that said, I can go over medians and stuff without issue, and that kinda makes it worth it. Plus they look great.

I looked at the ICON 6 seater but decided to go gas Yamaha for how we use it. It’s mostly used for going to a neighbors house or to the bar/restaurants at the two resorts down the road. I’ve used it for other tasks as well. :)

3E736FF5-FB1B-43D3-92BD-FD4B81E16D82.jpeg

Just had a watering system put on the ICON to make it simple to water the batteries.
I was thinking about adding a watering system. Have you found it helpful or useful? I am sure it is more convenient, but the one I was looking at is $200 and I am not sure I really need it.

I was thinking about adding a watering system. Have you found it helpful or useful? I am sure it is more convenient, but the one I was looking at is $200 and I am not sure I really need it.

$5 Turkey baster will do the trick.

$5 Turkey baster will do the trick.
Yeah and that's where I am at, but this shows the level and makes it all an "even" system meaning all you have to do is look at the fill ball and know whats going on. I love the convenience of that idea.

its convenient doing on 'drink' at a time, but would I pay $200 for it? Probably not. I made them throw it in when we bought ours.

its convenient doing on 'drink' at a time, but would I pay $200 for it? Probably not. I made them throw it in when we bought ours.
Thanks. That was my concern, whether it was worth the price. I'll continue using @mmaynard11's turkey baster. I just have to remember to send it back every November.

Thanks. That was my concern, whether it was worth the price. I'll continue using @mmaynard11's turkey baster. I just have to remember to send it back every November.
Yes be sure to put it in a place not mistaken for the actual turkey baster. That turkey would have roasted quick with remnants of battery acid. :LOL:

I am curious. I talked to a dealership here in Houston and really like all the features of the cart. My only concern...the body is an exact duplicate of the Advance EV. But the ICON has nicer features.
Has anyone put any type of enclosure on their cart. There are 2 new Advance EVs at my club. One guy put an over the top enclosure and the other put the under the roof rail type enclosure. On both carts, with the side of the enclosure pulled down playing golf in wind and rain...the paint rubbed off the back fender. Again, this was on Advance EV cart but the body is exactly the same as the ICON.
So anyone with enclosures have any issues?

I am curious. I talked to a dealership here in Houston and really like all the features of the cart. My only concern...the body is an exact duplicate of the Advance EV. But the ICON has nicer features.
Has anyone put any type of enclosure on their cart. There are 2 new Advance EVs at my club. One guy put an over the top enclosure and the other put the under the roof rail type enclosure. On both carts, with the side of the enclosure pulled down playing golf in wind and rain...the paint rubbed off the back fender. Again, this was on Advance EV cart but the body is exactly the same as the ICON.
So anyone with enclosures have any issues?
I have not put an enclosure on mine, or ever seen one down here in sunny South Florida. But I will say that if the Advance EV has the issue, I am all but certain the Icon will have the same issue. You would have to modify the enclosure in some way.

A few months ago I played around with an idea to find a way to install a center mirror on this cart without drilling into the frame, or having it look like an aftermarket hack job. So I designed and 3D printed some brackets and I think they came out pretty darn good. I have the files if anyone wants them, or I am happy to make a set for you. I also made some spacers for where the bolts go. I made them to (a) create some isolation between the two square tubes and hopefully cut down on some of the squeaking (the entire cart squeaks, but I think I know why and that’s the next project) and (b) prevent the mirror bracket from cracking due to potential over tightening. I installed on my cart and a friends cart and it has work a charm. Mirror was $25 on Amazon, so it’s cost effective as well. Installation was a bit of work, but only because Icon doesn’t do the best job of lining up holes correctly.

B518A1F4-AFF3-4E64-A11E-A801676945C1.jpeg718C199B-45A0-408E-9973-5E1B4B04C1C6.jpeg5F9194FD-CD75-4C98-B996-F7719C80C9A5.jpeg

We have a 2021 ICON-4L in FL. We left FL on 4/30/22 and I made sure the batteries were filled with water and fully charged, then battery cables disconnected. It has been stored in our garage since 4/30. My wife returned to FL this week with friends but can’t get our ICON to run. She filled all batteries again and connected the cables before she set it to charge. Charging light showed red and then turned turned green to show fully charged. However, it’s completely dead when she turns the key. Any thoughts or recommendations?

We have a 2021 ICON-4L in FL. We left FL on 4/30/22 and I made sure the batteries were filled with water and fully charged, then battery cables disconnected. It has been stored in our garage since 4/30. My wife returned to FL this week with friends but can’t get our ICON to run. She filled all batteries again and connected the cables before she set it to charge. Charging light showed red and then turned turned green to show fully charged. However, it’s completely dead when she turns the key. Any thoughts or recommendations?
Hmmm. First welcome to THP.
have You tried disconnecting power and then reconnecting. As if to reset the charger?

@BigDill have you seen this?

Hmmm. First welcome to THP.
have You tried disconnecting power and then reconnecting. As if to reset the charger?

@BigDill have you seen this?
I have not.

@wtfitz the first thing I would check, since the dash doesn’t turn on, is whether the switch under the seat or set to “run”. That’s a master kill switch and will prevent any power from reaching the controller, and therefore the dash won’t turn on.

My second thought would be whether all of the batteries are connected or whether there is a false connection somewhere. I would test it with a volt meter across the circuit to see if you are getting 48v.

But I am betting it’s the kill switch. Please let us know @wtfitz and I’ll be happy to try to help. I know these things pretty well, and have an electrical diagram at my office and can help troubleshoot some fuses.

Back