The "I'm an Idiot" Thread

Jank

I'm just a golfer, I suppose.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
We all do stupid things from time to time (or all the time), so I figured this thread could serve as a way to laugh at ourselves from those momentary brain farts.

For example, today I was changing out the air filter on my truck. My truck has seen some better days and the cable on the hood release has been broken for a while so you have to finagle your hand in there to open the main release of the hood. I am sitting there for 10 minutes trying to figure out why my dang hood won't come up. Even did a quick google search. Then it hit me.... I completely forgot to pull the release inside the cab itself. I'm an idiot.

I thought my rangefinder was FUBAR because it was reading a club short. Problem was it was set to meters 😖

I thought my rangefinder was FUBAR because it was reading a club short. Problem was it was set to meters 😖
I may or may not have looked into the wrong end of my rangefinder when it was new.

I almost always get the USB inserted right on the third try.

I had kids

according to the bestest half, "i did not listen"

This could be one of the best threads on the forum.

Totally have done the Metres instead of yards thing on the rangefinder - more than once. First, time it took me 17 holes to figure out why me and my partner (I never had the heart to tell him) were missing every shot short.

Also, last week I got on the freeway to go the 3 miles to the exit where I live. There was construction, with a slow down and a period where the lanes were shifting and driving on the shoulder and around the noise maker. After going through all that, I look up and I'm to the exit 17 miles past the one I wanted. Oops

I walked around the other day looking for my eye glasses and was getting upset I couldn' find them. No one was home to tell me they were on my head. I spent a good 30 minutes looking for them too.

Ha! My friend discovered the same thing recently. You guys are idiots. :LOL:

I am a nervy anxious person, so when playing with strangers or acquaintances I haven't golfed with before, my anxiety can get peaked up pretty good. On league night a few weeks ago I was paired with someone I had never played with before and we were playing two people I had never met, so I was especially nervous on the first tee (again, just how I'm wired), topped my drive and now go ahead and toss embarrassment in with the nerves. Luckily it was a short par 4 and even with the top I could still get on in reg, so I grabbed my 6 iron and put a great swing on it, shot felt amazing...ball drops about 40 yards short...it was my 9 iron...not the first time I've done this in a nervous frenzy.

I walked around the other day looking for my eye glasses and was getting upset I couldn' find them. No one was home to tell me they were on my head. I spent a good 30 minutes looking for them too.
I have literally been holding my cell phone and looking for it at the same time. And, when I picked it up, I said out loud "got my phone".. then went looking for it a minute later... and it was in my hand the whole time!:confused2::eek::rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Last week, got to the tee box where we were waiting for the group in front of us and tee'd my ball. After we talked for a bit I reached in my pocket and then asked out loud...where's my ball?

We are forced to use a trash valet in our Houston apartment complex. Only problem is that raccoons will get inside the box, even with the eye hook engaged, and make a huge friggin' mess that I've cleaned up a dozen times now.

I quit using the service (even though I'm still paying for it) and sent a strongly worded complaint to the front office. That's when they reminded me (and I was then able to recall them telling me on my move-in day) about a little spring mechanism on the eye hook that prevents the varmints from getting in... oops.

A few years ago, my buddy hands me a new sleeve of balls and says “here try these today.” Awesome thanks! I open them up drop them in my pocket. Get to the first tee and the balls are gone. What the heck??!! I had absentmindedly teed them up and hit them with the range balls during warm up pre-round.

I’m an idiot.....

I have never felt better about myself than I do after reading this thread. I am not alone......

I excitedly snagged a tee time for 6:40am and couldn't believe my luck that it was still available.

Show up to the course bright & early and turns out I booked 6:40pm.

I'm an idiot.

I excitedly snagged a tee time for 6:40am and couldn't believe my luck that it was still available.

Show up to the course bright & early and turns out I booked 6:40pm.

I'm an idiot.

I did that for an airline flight once. Booked online and I thought my flight was 9am and it was 9pm that I had selected. Showed up at the airport 13 hours before my flight. Fortunately, I was not in a hurry and all turned out well. Just got to my destination a little later than I had anticipated.

We all do stupid things from time to time (or all the time), so I figured this thread could serve as a way to laugh at ourselves from those momentary brain farts.

For example, today I was changing out the air filter on my truck. My truck has seen some better days and the cable on the hood release has been broken for a while so you have to finagle your hand in there to open the main release of the hood. I am sitting there for 10 minutes trying to figure out why my dang hood won't come up. Even did a quick google search. Then it hit me.... I completely forgot to pull the release inside the cab itself. I'm an idiot.

“Reggie” my suv, feels your pain.

I have a tie down on the hood (no crap, it’s needed) and I still think I’m going to die every time I drive him.

It’ll be nice to get credit again after the divorce. Jeesh.

I had kids

Heard that.

Blessings. But don’t even think about divorce. Be honest with her, don’t pull a me and conceal an illness.

She’ll just know you are hiding something and will beat your ass in court.

Jeesh. We didn’t have a good relationship but just freaking ask me? Could be another solution??

I texted my buddy recently about a new blonde who was at the gym he was going to like. Accurate and colorful description as seen through male eyes, personal opinions, etc etc. Forgot my wife had just texted me last and that conversation was the one still open. :banghead:

Back