The Incredible Minivan Thread

It is possible to be invisible. Just by a minivan and any man driving it is completely invisible to women.

Brad Pitt has a minivan.
Think women would find him invisible driving it?

Just curious, what are the pros and cons between an SUV/Mini SUV and a mini van?

Just curious, what are the pros and cons between an SUV/Mini SUV and a mini van?

Pro-Vans are cheaper and have sliding doors

Cons-everything else

Pro-Vans are cheaper and have sliding doors

Cons-everything else

Can you put a fridge in an SUV the same way a mini van can do it? Or captains chairs? You could technically load a mini van up enough to make it pretty neat..

It is possible to be invisible. Just by a minivan and any man driving it is completely invisible to women.
Damn. I was hoping my wife would let me take the minivan to go cruise for chicks.

This thread had me confused with the banter thread.... Non-sense.

Just kidding,

Even though I will never own a minivan, the slide out back doors make them worth it for kids. Otherwise a SUV can accomplish everything else that is needed.

You wouldn't say that If you've ever taken a golf trip with 4 guys and clubs in each. So much more comfortable and more room Just sayin. Ha

Seriously there was a time I wouldn't have thought this way either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you put a fridge in an SUV the same way a mini van can do it? Or captains chairs? You could technically load a mini van up enough to make it pretty neat..

I'm just bluetrolling it up today, I must be in a pissy mood, I'm acting like I live in Wisconsin.

But yes you can put a fridge in a SUV, yes they do come with captains seats, and no you can't.

The late 80's early 90's burbs were the best. You could take out the rear seat, and the middle seats laid flat, so the entire floor from tailgate to driver's seat laid flat. Road trips were the best in that thing, we had a tv, vcr and air mattress back there. Me and my sister would watch movies the whole way. This was WAYYYY before headrest entertainment systems. Seatbelts were not necessary in a Burb, we were bigger than everything else.

Minivans have come such a long way, it's just still really easy and popular to make fun of them.

I'm just bluetrolling it up today, I must be in a pissy mood, I'm acting like I live in Wisconsin.

But yes you can put a fridge in a SUV, yes they do come with captains seats, and no you can't.

The late 80's early 90's burbs were the best. You could take out the rear seat, and the middle seats laid flat, so the entire floor from tailgate to driver's seat laid flat. Road trips were the best in that thing, we had a tv, vcr and air mattress back there. Me and my sister would watch movies the whole way. This was WAYYYY before headrest entertainment systems. Seatbelts were not necessary in a Burb, we were bigger than everything else.
10 miles to the gallon in those tanks

Discussed this very thing with multiple dealers over the past weekend. The real difference is in the chassis.
Right now to get the features in a SUV the same as a mini van the cost would be more than 10k higher for anything we like.
Then add in the better fuel economy and its kind of a no brainer for our situation.

Some day I hope to be as cool as a few others and have a sweet ride like a chick car and all, but for now, you can call me hockey mom. :D

Discussed this very thing with multiple dealers over the past weekend. The real difference is in the chassis.
Right now to get the features in a SUV the same as a mini van the cost would be more than 10k higher for anything we like.
Then add in the better fuel economy and its kind of a no brainer for our situation.

Some day I hope to be as cool as a few others and have a sweet ride like a chick car and all, but for now, you can call me hockey mom. :D

Oh come on now, I bet that green smart car gets plenty of chicks!

For now. This is the new Transit Connect "Wagon".

2014-ford-tranist-connect-wagon-6278.jpg

I have only read about those, we don't have them instock as of yet. The interior, chairs and cabin set up is pretty nice from what I have seen in pictures. The current, non-minivan version is not a "good ride" and is pretty loud while driving...so they would have to step that up, but still the current one is more cargo van than minivan. Time will tell...it's not ugly though...so that's good.

Citroen-Tubik-side-interior-shot.jpg

Oh come on now, I bet that green smart car gets plenty of chicks!

We have lots of automobiles.
We have a 40 ft diesel pusher. Maybe that is manly enough.
We have a 2012 Infiniti G35. Is that manly enough?
How about a 2010 Mercedes Sprinter. Is that manly enough?

Because ultimately my goal is to have a car that is manly, I can then wear my gold chains and carry around a ruler to pull out and measure. Well that and pick up chicks with my wife of course.

Makes sense. I just hope you upgrade it a bit when you go down that road. Maybe get a racing stripe on it to look legit.

Also, what chick car? Some of us have upgraded models..

Surprisingly I have seen some sweet looking minivans lately though. Its like they are catering to more men. Even Honda and Dodge have sporty rims on some of their higher end models and you can still stay in the $30k range

A-Team paint job

Back