The Incredible Minivan Thread

Wow, is all I can really say.
We have 2 labs (200# of dogs) and wore out my wife's Tahoe back & forth to the beach. Now the same 2 dogs ride in her MKX, loaded down with all our junk when we go back home. I thought I'd lost my mind going from my truck to my Fusion hybrid. But a minivan, Thank you but no.

Makes sense. I just hope you upgrade it a bit when you go down that road. Maybe get a racing stripe on it to look legit.

Also, what chick car? Some of us have upgraded models..

Heck, around here, pretty much any car except for antique muscle cars, are considered chick cars... including my cousin's Roush Mustang.

3LGXt20.jpg

556HP Supercharged CTS-V Wagon.

Meh! You can keep that. I'll take the RS4

7485CE0D-CFCD-4A33-BA25-B3212D5C35C9-380-00000064DC833FB7_zps1a01f1dd.jpg

For now. This is the new Transit Connect "Wagon".

2014-ford-tranist-connect-wagon-6278.jpg

Resembles a Sprinter a bit in this view. Overall not a bad looking vehicle and like the actual Sprinter I'm sure that fully optioned it will be very nice.

I'm just bluetrolling it up today, I must be in a pissy mood, I'm acting like I live in Wisconsin.

But yes you can put a fridge in a SUV, yes they do come with captains seats, and no you can't.

The late 80's early 90's burbs were the best. You could take out the rear seat, and the middle seats laid flat, so the entire floor from tailgate to driver's seat laid flat. Road trips were the best in that thing, we had a tv, vcr and air mattress back there. Me and my sister would watch movies the whole way. This was WAYYYY before headrest entertainment systems. Seatbelts were not necessary in a Burb, we were bigger than everything else.
And if you had the optional rear air you could almost freeze everyone inside without hurting gas mileage. The other advantage, from a parents view, is that 2 kids on opposite ends of the same seat couldn't reach each other which is especially nice on long trips.

Yeah, we love our Sprinter. Of course the inside looks exactly like this. Hard not to like it.

four-winds-ventura-interior.jpg

Resembles a Sprinter a bit in this view. Overall not a bad looking vehicle and like the actual Sprinter I'm sure that fully optioned it will be very nice.

And if you had the optional rear air you could almost freeze everyone inside without hurting gas mileage. The other advantage, from a parents view, is that 2 kids on opposite ends of the same seat couldn't reach each other which is especially nice on long trips.

Oh we had the rear air. If we didn't lay the seats down for trip, BOTH the middle and back seat were plenty big for a kid to lay down and go to sleep in, and if you had 3 on the trip, the 3rd kid could lay in the floor of the middle seat with PLENTY of space. We have had at least one of the past 4 generation tahoe/suburban, and none of them could hold a candle to the first. GREAT vehicle. Plus we had a big bright red one, only one around, everyone knew who we were. It was lovingly referred to as the big red dog.

All of the minivan kids were so jealous of the big red dog.

I am glad you guys started a minivan thread. I have been following along in the other thread.

^^^^Just Tapped That

What other thread? The maxivan thread?

Some of us are able to be men and still drive a mini van. Mikedean apparently will have a Corvette in a couple of years, shirt unbuttoned at the top and a Mr. T starter kit to show off his manhood. :D

Now back to the glorious topic at hand. Minivans and how cool they are.

I love driving my Sienna minivan. What other car allows you to load it with 4' x 8' plywood, drywall, etc., then turn around & haul kids & adults? Then again, I was never a car guy. I don't give a crap what it looks like as long as it's dependable & paid for.

I am glad you guys started a minivan thread. I have been following along in the other thread.

^^^^Just Tapped That

Thanks. We looked at the Quest and liked the look on the outside, but the features vs cost were not even close to the other two.

JB,

My wife's best friend's husband owns an Import Auto CAre store - he definitely favors Honda Odyssey & Toyota Sienna, but between the two he didn't have a strong feeling & said both were very dependable (as info, he worked for a Honda dealership for years)

You can't go wrong with either one - it boils down to which you prefer. BTW, Odysseys are built in Columbus OH.

JB,

My wife's best friend's husband owns an Import Auto CAre store - he definitely favors Honda Odyssey & Toyota Sienna, but between the two he didn't have a strong feeling & said both were very dependable (as info, he worked for a Honda dealership for years)

You can't go wrong with either one - it boils down to which you prefer. BTW, Odysseys are built in Columbus OH.

You might have just eliminated Odyssey from discussion. :D

The Incredible Minivan Thread

FWIW every time it take in a Chrysler Town and Country in, it sells with in days. I went to the auction last week and bought 2. Put them on the lot and we sold them both already. Customer who bought the second one picked it up today. So it looks like I'm buying 2 more. I'm not a Chrysler or dodge fan but selling like that I will buy them for the lot all day! GM no longer makes a mini van. I really wish they would bring back the Astro van. They were great vans with good engines and transmissions. Great seller and people loved them.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

You might have just eliminated Odyssey from discussion. :D

Um you Love Ohio and it's complete awesomeness for golfer turnouts. You should return for fall golf again so we can have more frost delays. :bulgy-eyes:

Odyssey= Ohio= awesomeness

Sienna= Indiana= @#$%^&$@$!@

They are both good reliable brands and all things considered it comes down to what you like the most and then to who gives the best deal.

Will the van get a THP wrap? or be for personal use?

No THP wrap I dont think. We still have the Sprinter for that.

Business expense?

Havent decided yet. Making some major decisions on that front now due to health insurance debacle.

No THP wrap I dont think. We still have the Sprinter for that.

I assume the sprinter is owned by the business, but are you able to use it for non-business use?

The wrap is tricky, if for some reason we can't park it in the garage for a night or two, we also wouldn't be able to park it in our driveway if it was wrapped due to our HOA.

The wrap is tricky, if for some reason we can't park it in the garage for a night or two, we also wouldn't be able to park it in our driveway if it was wrapped due to our HOA.

ahh Ok stupid HOA's (I know you generally like yours). Is that due to it being a business vehicle and having a company logo on it?

Havent decided yet. Making some major decisions on that front now due to health insurance debacle.

That sounds crappy no matter what :/

Need to think of a removable wrap idea that gets around that. Or, put a car cover over it that keeps the wrap from being visible unless that's also frowned upon by the HOA

I assume the sprinter is owned by the business, but are you able to use it for non-business use?

Sprinter is owned personally, but used for both.

That sounds crappy no matter what :/

Need to think of a removable wrap idea that gets around that. Or, put a car cover over it that keeps the wrap from being visible unless that's also frowned upon by the HOA

Car covers are not allowed either.

We have a VERY strict HOA. We can't even have the sprinter inside the gates after 6pm, and they prefer it no there at all on Sunday.

We have a VERY strict HOA. We can't even have the sprinter inside the gates after 6pm, and they prefer it no there at all on Sunday.

Our first house after we moved from columbus to here had ridiculous rules like that. We lasted about 8 months there before my dad moved us elsewhere.

Car covers are not allowed either.

That is so dumb. You keep it covered and there's no advertising anymore. Window advertising panels it is, that'll teach em.

Back