The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that is a bit dumb that they are not supporting it. But, if thats the worst that comes out of the switch then not too bad.

Yeah I was not happy about it. We really need to move to Verizon though, At&t is terrible now in my area. Exspeically around my house and that is not cool. I was reading yesterday they don't support talk and data due to the type of LTE that Verizon has. Apple was going to have to have 2 antennas to support it. They didn't have room in the phone to make this work. The At&t version only needs one antenna to support talk and data. It also said that by the next iPhone release Verizon will have a new LTE and both will be supported with 1 antenna.

I don't think text messages come through while you are talking either.

I keep trying to upgrade my ios but it's not available yet.

It is not available till 1 EST.

Yeah I was not happy about it. We really need to move to Verizon though, At&t is terrible now in my area. Exspeically around my house and that is not cool. I was reading yesterday they don't support talk and data due to the type of LTE that Verizon has. Apple was going to have to have 2 antennas to support it. They didn't have room in the phone to make this work. The At&t version only needs one antenna to support talk and data. It also said that by the next iPhone release Verizon will have a new LTE and both will be supported with 1 antenna.

It is not available till 1 EST.

Damn, that will be a cluster

Ive offered Chunky a free smartphone on more than one occasion...

After yesterdays airport debacle, I will take it. Stupid driving around the airport not knowing the wife's plane was delayed an hour

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

After yesterdays airport debacle, I will take it. Stupid driving around the airport not knowing the wife's plane was delayed an hour

You could have swung by Golfsmith and picked up a little something, if you had known.

Tracy doesnt have a ship date or anything from AT&T.

My wife doesnt have a ship date yet either. I walked into a Radio Shack yesterday and got myself a pre-registration confirmation for pickup friday 9/21. I was the first VZ person that store had signed up for one so far (guy had to use the manual to complete the process). It cost me a $50 deposit fee that went on a radio shack gift card.

My order has moved to processing for shipping now. I expect to have the rest of the information posted today sometime.

I am really excited about the camera too. One thing I am not going to like is the when I move to Verizon and not being able to browse while I talk. I don't think I really do it that much, but I be I will be frustrated when I need it. HAHA
I cant believe the iPhone 5 isnt capable of this on Verizon. Sacrificing function for design in this case is ridiculous.

PM on it's way dude.

I cant believe the iPhone 5 isnt capable of this on Verizon. Sacrificing function for design in this case is ridiculous.

PM on it's way dude.

It's the network not the phone, right?

That's what I was always led to believe. Something with the way CDMA networks transfer the signal. Sprint can't do it either and they are the same type of network.

It is a Network thing and not an iPhone thing. The S3 army is fierce!

No. It is actually a limitation of the "dynamic antenna" used in the iPhone that can not be tuned simultaneously to all the frequencies it would need to support simultaneous CDMA and LTE (no LTE voice yet) connectivity. Other phones on Verizon/Sprint just include another antenna so they can have the voice/data simultaneously.

I believe if Apple would have added this, then the iPhone 5 would not have been able to be their thinnest smartphone ever. So, sacrifice function for design.

Yeah War Eagle, after you switch that battery out, get back in here and take your beating for being wrong!!!

That's what I was always led to believe. Something with the way CDMA networks transfer the signal. Sprint can't do it either and they are the same type of network.

Yeah, I figured it would be fixed when the iPhone went to LTE. I didn't realize that Verizon's LTE is not the newest. I think that is why it is a little slower than At&t's network. It didn't say in the article, but I wonder if the 5 will go talk and data when verizon updates their network.

It is a Network thing and not an iPhone thing. The S3 army is fierce!
Not exactly, see above.

Yeah War Eagle, after you switch that battery out, get back in here and take your beating for being wrong!!!
Did you read my reply, or skim it?

LOL!

I bet War's got a fanny pack on full of charged up, ready to go batteries.

Fine, so I was wrong. iphone is still better

No. It is actually a limitation of the "dynamic antenna" used in the iPhone that can not be tuned simultaneously to all the frequencies it would need to support simultaneous CDMA and LTE (no LTE voice yet) connectivity. Other phones on Verizon/Sprint just include another antenna so they can have the voice/data simultaneously.

I believe if Apple would have added this, then the iPhone 5 would not have been able to be their thinnest smartphone ever. So, sacrifice function for design.

So if the network was like At&t's network, you only need one antenna. Thinnest smartphone ever! HAHA Too bad you only can get reception in the downtown of major cities.

War, I'll send you a cookie.

I bet there is an S7 before the next iphone comes out.

So if the network was like At&t's network, you only need one antenna. Thinnest smartphone ever! HAHA Too bad you only can get reception in downtown of major cities.
Not really. When using Voice/Data on AT&T, you actually wont be using 4G LTE connection. The AT&T iPhone 5 when in need of simultaneous voice/data will revert to their HSPA+ signal, which is capable of both voice and data. So, your speeds will then basically be 3G speeds.

So if the network was like At&t's network, you only need one antenna. Thinnest smartphone ever! HAHA Too bad you only can get reception in the downtown of major cities.

This is a feature I have never had so I'm not sure how big of a deal it is. For those that had it, do you use it often?

War, I'll send you a cookie.

No bueno. I don't travel well.

LOL @ fanny pack of batteries.

I really am looking forward to hearing what the first receivers of this think. Mine won't be here for likely 3-4 weeks since I did not order until Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back