The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need backup War?

This is a feature I have never had so I'm not sure how big of a deal it is. For those that had it, do you use it often?

I like being able to text at the same time, both sending and receiving. It's also really handy if you get put on hold.

Not really. When using Voice/Data on AT&T, you actually wont be using 4G LTE connection. The AT&T iPhone 5 when in need of simultaneous voice/data will revert to their HSPA+ signal, which is capable of both voice and data. So, your speeds will then basically be 3G speeds.

Still not a hipster with a cool iPhone and Mumford playing in the background. HAHA

This is a feature I have never had so I'm not sure how big of a deal it is. For those that had it, do you use it often?
Yes, the antenna is capable of both 4G and 3G connectivity. So, it will revert to the HSPA+ signal for 3g connection for voice/data.

Do you need backup War?
LMAO. My nerdness is strong enough, I can talk cell phone signals all day and be right. I need a life.

Do you need backup War?

Uh oh guys, now Kmac is here. Between he and WE they have 19 batteries between them. They can go for hours. We may need to organize this.

LMAO. My nerdness is strong enough, I can talk cell phone signals all day and be right. I need a life.

Ha, I was just thinking the same thing.

I like being able to text at the same time, both sending and receiving. It's also really handy if you get put on hold.

people don't put me on hold. I'll hang up

LOL @ Frank. Dude's we all know I was/am an Android guy, in fact I use to battle some of the now android guys when they were Steve Jobs offspring, but I get a free iPhone from work. I think the Nav feature sucks. I do like that I'm in and out of so many dealerships and my iPhone remembers how to connect to each one's wifi everytime I come back in, that's pretty cool. My android didn't do that.

Even the vaunted iPhone 5 still cant do voice and data on Verizon. But if you need that you can always switch to At&t. Mine just handled a phone call, downloaded an update and fixed my golf swing all at the same time.

Uh oh guys, now Kmac is here. Between he and WE they have 19 batteries between them. They can go for hours. We may need to organize this.

Hold on Frank I need to switch batteries damn it.

that is a little handy feature I take for granted

LOL @ Frank. Dude's we all know I was/am an Android guy, in fact I use to battle some of the now android guys when they were Steve Jobs offspring, but I get a free iPhone from work. I think the Nav feature sucks. I do like that I'm in and out of so many dealerships and my iPhone remembers how to connect to each one's wifi everytime I come back in, that's pretty cool. My android didn't do that.

that is a little handy feature I take for granted

It really is. I'm probably "connected" to about 30 different wifi's, and it connects flawlessly every time.

TC your Android phone didnt connect to wifi's the same way? Or you turned it off?

I think the build quality and form factor of the iPhone 4(s) will be better than the 5. Somethings are just better when theyre a little heavier. The two pieces of glass and metal band is just a classy look. It feels beefy and it feels like quality. The ipod touches didnt have that to me and I am afraid that the aluminum backing and being so light will make the phone feel cheap to me.

I was an Android guy, now I'm using an iPhone, though I'm considering going back to android. Heck I was using Android 2.1 on my old phone. The new OS is definitely better than that. I don't hate my phone, it does some things very well. It's easy to use.

Even the vaunted iPhone 5 still cant do voice and data on Verizon. But if you need that you can always switch to At&t. Mine just handled a phone call, downloaded an update and fixed my golf swing all at the same time.

Now that is an awesome phone

new OS update is tonight I think? I'm waiting until the weekend to do mine I think

TC your Android phone didnt connect to wifi's the same way? Or you turned it off?

It didn't, but it was an older model android buddy. I had to go in and manually login to their wifi every time dude. I alway leave my wifi on.

The newer Android OS has improved greatly on that.

Dude, I still like the iPhone. I used it for years, but changed because, well, I wanted a change and something different.

I do, however, love bantering with these smartphone wars

It didn't, but it was an older model android buddy. I had to go in and manually login to their wifi every time dude. I alway leave my wifi on.

mine was the same way when I had it.

I was an Android guy, now I'm using an iPhone, though I'm considering going back to android. Heck I was using Android 2.1 on my old phone. The new OS is definitely better than that. I don't hate my phone, it does some things very well. It's easy to use.

Now that is an awesome phone

Youve seen what Im working with fixing this swing takes processing power and a huge screen.

One thing about my iPhone is I NEVER turned off BT or wifi with it.

Youve seen what Im working with fixing this swing takes processing power and a huge screen.

I leave blue tooth and wifi on all the time dude.

lol @ huge screen and processing power
I never turn WiFi or BT off

The newer Android OS has improved greatly on that.

Dude, I still like the iPhone. I used it for years, but changed because, well, I wanted a change and something different.

I do, however, love bantering with these smartphone wars

I know. I like that you don't mind engaging in battle. Some might call it trolling. I don't though. I reckon you're lucky. I still think the iPhone's charge blows the android out of the water and there's nothing you can say to convince me other wise buddy.

This is pretty cool about performance stats. The 5 is about twice as fast as the 4s and almost 3 times as fast as my 4. I am pretty stoked about some added speed.

sunspider.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back