The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would switch to Verizon for 2 reasons:

Much better coverage around where I live
3G everywhere

+1 YUP YUP. Secondary Rant: What good is free wifi at airports now? With everyone using it it becomes literally worthless. Nextime you're in the aiport waiting for your wifi connection to work, take a look around at all the kids checking their facebook status.

Love that site...

You speak the truth, I live in airports and most are awful because of capacity overload. The worst are DCA and LGA by far, but none leave you satisified.

With all of the iPhone talk does anyone have any feedback on the Droid Pro? As much as a I love my iPhone I miss the blackberry style keyboard. I went from writing emails that boarded on thesis' on by BB to responding "yes", "no", or "ok" on the iPhone.

With all of the iPhone talk does anyone have any feedback on the Droid Pro? As much as a I love my iPhone I miss the blackberry style keyboard. I went from writing emails that boarded on thesis' on by BB to responding "yes", "no", or "ok" on the iPhone.

Welcome to my world. GG uses the Samsung Epic and loves to have the full keyboard. I am a BB guy through and through, but finally had to switch back to Android because of the features. We have an Android thread around here somewhere.

...Still painfully holding out with my stupid Motorola DARE, waiting for the VZ iPhone. Looks like the time is coming...

Thanks - I'll search for it.

On the plus side I'm told by my HR team that responding to my staff with yes, no, or ok is probably a safe thing thing to do.

Welcome to my world. GG uses the Samsung Epic and loves to have the full keyboard. I am a BB guy through and through, but finally had to switch back to Android because of the features. We have an Android thread around here somewhere.

Sadly this has become the android thread as well. When people talk about their android, it tended to be in respsonse to how bad the Iphone does something. I noticed that too, this Iphone thread kind of evolved into the Iphone vs Everything Else Thread.

I was looking at getting an iphone. I know many blackberry users who switched to the iphone. They are happy with it. Something about the iphone doesnt excite me. Not sure what it is. The thing I like is the support available for it and eveyone seems to have one. This is an advatange. I did come across a Samsung Galaxy android and thought this is way better or suitable for me. However people are saying get the iphone over the android. Is the a THP review section on phones?

I was looking at getting an iphone. I know many blackberry users who switched to the iphone. They are happy with it. Something about the iphone doesnt excite me. Not sure what it is. The thing I like is the support available for it and eveyone seems to have one. This is an advatange. I did come across a Samsung Galaxy android and thought this is way better or suitable for me. However people are saying get the iphone over the android. Is the a THP review section on phones?

Nope sorry there isn't. Truthfully, Android has many different models with one guarantteed to fit what you want. Apple has one phone that everyone is being told it is what they want.
What phone do I have? I got an Iphone because if I had an Android this is what I'ld have to say everytime I took it out. "What ? No, its NOT an Iphone, its an Android. It's actually better then the Iphone because.......wait, why are you walking away?"

Found a great article on why you shuoldn't buy the iphone on verizon
http://gizmodo.com/5729273/dont-buy-the-verizon-iphone-4
Personally i've been a little harsh on the Iphone latley so let me just state I own an Iphone and My complaints tend to be more along the lines of an overbearing mother who know their son (my phone) could do better.
Basically it address what I feared: its the same Iphone 4 with it's bad Antennae. The Verizon carrier might be better but reception will still be a problem. ALSO Verizon's smallest contract is a 2 year contract and the public is expecting Apple to announce a NEW phone in about 6 months. Anyways, for people thinking about getting the new phone, it's an interesting read.

Snap hook I have noticed you are generally down on the iPhone. I have an iPhone and LOVE it. Have you ever jailbroken your phone? I think this would solve some of your frustrations about the overbear mother (Apple).

Snap hook I have noticed you are generally down on the iPhone. I have an iPhone and LOVE it. Have you ever jailbroken your phone? I think this would solve some of your frustrations about the overbear mother (Apple).

I jail broke my 3gs and it was great. I didn't mean apple was the overbearing mothe, though I REALLY DO like that metpahor. Come on apple, flash based webpages come on! And apple I'm a big boy, I can swear on my txt message if I want to.
What I was trying to say was, even though I tend to come down hard on the Iphone, I really do love it. (I'm the overbearing mother in this example)

I love the iphone too, but I would probably go crazy if I couldn't jailbreak it though. I never knew that you can't swear in a txt message. Thats funny!

I love the iphone too, but I would probably go crazy if I couldn't jailbreak it though. I never knew that you can't swear in a txt message. Thats funny!

Well you can, but the autocorrect changes it everytime, you then have to waste an extra thumb motion to cancel out the autocorrect. I just let it happen now. My friends know what I mean when I say "Ducking Iphone"

Well you can, but the autocorrect changes it everytime, you then have to waste an extra thumb motion to cancel out the autocorrect. I just let it happen now. My friends know what I mean when I say "Ducking Iphone"

Even without trying to swear the auto correct drives me nucking futs sometimes. :)

I just got an iPhone 4 before xmas and the auto correct does suck.
On my second gen iPod touch, it learned my spelling mistakes and could correct me on the fly... this one doesn't seem to want to do that.

However: I LOVE this phone!
Compared to what I had before - some sony ericsson from the stone age, this thing is the cat's pyjamas.

Even without trying to swear the auto correct drives me nucking futs sometimes. :)

The problem with it is it doesnt learn from what you type. It will always without fail try to change the same word or letters into the same thing it thinks is correct. It will never add to its dictionary and learn. Its the Apple way or the highway.

Well, everyone knows Verizon will carry iPhone 4 on Feb 3rd for existing customers, and Feb 10th for new customers. The new iPhone 4 on CDMA network will have an antenna and includes a 5-user hotspot mobile capability! Pretty cool. However, you can only do either voice or data at one time, can't do simultaneously.

Well, everyone knows Verizon will carry iPhone 4 on Feb 3rd for existing customers, and Feb 10th for new customers. The new iPhone 4 on CDMA network will have an antenna and includes a 5-user hotspot mobile capability! Pretty cool. However, you can only do either voice or data at one time, can't do simultaneously.

The 5-user hotspot is going to cost $20 a month like the android does now.

Well of course a cell phone will have an antenna, will it have an improved anntenna from the current is the question. I heard no but if this is a newer model Iphone 4 with an improved Antenna then that's great news to hear.

Same antenna as the current iPhone.

I don't think this is the version to go after. I would wait till June for the next version to come out. It will most likely be a lot better than this one. I think they just tried to rush this one out to make customers happy.

I don't think this is the version to go after. I would wait till June for the next version to come out. It will most likely be a lot better than this one. I think they just tried to rush this one out to make customers happy.

Yeah the 6 million or so that they estimate will jump to Verizon. Good riddance too lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back