The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 5-user hotspot is going to cost $20 a month like the android does now.

Only wish they had LTE capability. I've a Sprint EVO with my wifi iPad for this purpose only and a backup to my AT&T iPhone 4. Although, the Verizon LTE is very limited (99% time was connecting at EVDO speed) when I tested for the last couple weeks.

Yeah the 6 million or so that they estimate will jump to Verizon. Good riddance too lol.

Now AT&T has to quit complaining that we're hogging the bandwidth. The release is basically a CDMA IPhone 4 with no radical improvements. If people can wait, in June or July they'll announce the IPhone 5 with a release later in the summer.

Feb. 3 can't get here soon enough! I'm so glad I didn't jump to At&t in mid-dec. like I was planning.

http://gizmodo.com/5729680/verizons-not-scared-of-iphone-4-traffic-one-bit

Man I can't wait to put my bandwidth in the hands of this guy!?!? :banghead: Nice moustache by the way.

Its well documented that ATT&T flat out wasn't ready for the amount of bandwidth Iphone users demanded. For Verizon's CTO to just say "I THINK we can handle it" is either because (A) He's too stupid to realize the demand that's going to come his way. or (B) He's too stupid to realize what his carrier can and cannot handle.

Has anyone locked down what Verizon's unlimited Data plan is going to go for?

I dont think they have any idea of what theyre in for when it happens. And I bet they change their data plans too.

I just hope this starts a data and price war between the two companies. That will help the consumer out so much.

Hopefully it means At&t finally stops and realizes they need to bring better phones to the market now that theyre losing the iPhone exclusivity deal. Bring on some badass android phones.

Wow VZW's IPhone with no simultaneous call and data usage. Is that a CDMA thing or an IPhone thing? If the latter then I hope they fix that for the next version.

I thought I read somewhere that Verizon's unlimited data plan would still be $30, that probably wasn't anything official though.

Wow VZW's IPhone with no simultaneous call and data usage. Is that a CDMA thing or an IPhone thing? If the latter then I hope they fix that for the next version.
I'm pretty sure that's a CDMA thing..

All Verizon phones are like that. Its the nature of the CDMA beast.

I thought I read somewhere that Verizon's unlimited data plan would still be $30, that probably wasn't anything official though.

PLus the phone service how much are you paying a month? ATT you have to pay for Data, Phone, and txt msg. I'm pretty sure I'm paying 79.99 a month right now with the now defunct UNlimited Data Plan. Last I checked (And that was over a year ago) the only carrier that could beat that was Sprint's plan (69.99 unlimited Data plus phone and txts) but they don't have any good phones or a good carrier service. If I can get all the services from Verizon for cheaper (and I really do doubt it) then I will probaby switch over in 6 months when they announce the newer iphone

PLus the phone service how much are you paying a month? ATT you have to pay for Data, Phone, and txt msg. I'm pretty sure I'm paying 79.99 a month right now with the now defunct UNlimited Data Plan. Last I checked (And that was over a year ago) the only carrier that could beat that was Sprint's plan (69.99 unlimited Data plus phone and txts) but they don't have any good phones or a good carrier service. If I can get all the services from Verizon for cheaper (and I really do doubt it) then I will probaby switch over in 6 months when they announce the newer iphone

Im guessing you have not tried the HTC EVO!

Sprint does have some nice phones now and the HTC EVO is the phone to beat.

I really like the android operating system as a whole.

I hope all these iPhoners don't come over and muck up the works at Verizon.

they'll only be able to muck up one thing at a time, either voice or data, not both man. You're safe lol
I hope all these iPhoners don't come over and muck up the works at Verizon.

I really do like the HTC evo. That is a beautiful screen. However it's not as......"intuitive" as the Iphone's screen. The Iphone's screen, and the software behind it, seems to just know what my fingers are trying to do. Plus the Iphone can read multiple points of contact. The HTC, IS A REALLY NICE PHONE, don't get me wrong, please don't misinterpret what I'm saying, but playing with it after 5 mins it was clearly not at sensitve or "intuitive". Intuitive might be the wrong word and I do apologize. It's repsonses aren't as quick and it isn't as smooth.

Keep in mind what I'm saying is like saying the Porche 911 gt-2 is better than the Porche Gt-3RS cuz it's 0-60 time is 0.1 seconds faster. Both are great phones and the top of their class, I just like the iphone better. That's all.

I really do like the HTC evo. That is a beautiful screen. However it's not as......"intuitive" as the Iphone's screen. The Iphone's screen, and the software behind it, seems to just know what my fingers are trying to do. Plus the Iphone can read multiple points of contact. The HTC, IS A REALLY NICE PHONE, don't get me wrong, please don't misinterpret what I'm saying, but playing with it after 5 mins it was clearly not at sensitve or "intuitive". Intuitive might be the wrong word and I do apologize. It's repsonses aren't as quick and it isn't as smooth.

Keep in mind what I'm saying is like saying the Porche 911 gt-2 is better than the Porche Gt-3RS cuz it's 0-60 time is 0.1 seconds faster. Both are great phones and the top of their class, I just like the iphone better. That's all.

I think that is a personal preference. I like the IPhone screen when I had it for 2 years. Thought it worked well, but I actually prefer the screen of the EVO by a pretty large margin. And the native things that it has such as speak to txt and google maps make it so perfect for me. I believe CNet thought the same thing in their showdown late last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back