The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is a personal preference. I like the IPhone screen when I had it for 2 years. Thought it worked well, but I actually prefer the screen of the EVO by a pretty large margin. And the native things that it has such as speak to txt and google maps make it so perfect for me. I believe CNet thought the same thing in their showdown late last year.

Yes, exactly, it's just a personal preference. As for Speak to txt, apple would say "there's an app for that".
BTW my buddy from arizona has a very thick hispanic accent. What the Iphone think's he's saying is hilarious.

Yeah I'm a big Cnet fan too. I'm fully aware of what they think.

Yes, exactly, it's just a personal preference. As for Speak to txt, apple would say "there's an app for that".
BTW my buddy from arizona has a very thick hispanic accent. What the Iphone think's he's saying is hilarious.

Yeah I'm a big Cnet fan too. I'm fully aware of what they think.

No comparison in reality, but yes I guess you could say there is an app for that. As a Mac user, switching to EVO was not easy, but I cannot imagine ever switching back now. Google is taking over the world...hehe

Here is my complaint, my damn Zagg Invisishield is peeling after 3 weeks of life!

No comparison in reality, but yes I guess you could say there is an app for that. As a Mac user, switching to EVO was not easy, but I cannot imagine ever switching back now. Google is taking over the world...hehe

I said "apple would say There is an app for that" not I. I fully acknowledge right out of the box the HTC Evo has far more and better installed software.

All these new smartphones are awesome, there isn't really a "best" option, it's just down to a personal decision.
I'll choose iPhone mainly because I already have a ton of apps on my iPod Touch that I can port right over.

I really do like the HTC evo. That is a beautiful screen. However it's not as......"intuitive" as the Iphone's screen. The Iphone's screen, and the software behind it, seems to just know what my fingers are trying to do. Plus the Iphone can read multiple points of contact. The HTC, IS A REALLY NICE PHONE, don't get me wrong, please don't misinterpret what I'm saying, but playing with it after 5 mins it was clearly not at sensitve or "intuitive". Intuitive might be the wrong word and I do apologize. It's repsonses aren't as quick and it isn't as smooth.

Keep in mind what I'm saying is like saying the Porche 911 gt-2 is better than the Porche Gt-3RS cuz it's 0-60 time is 0.1 seconds faster. Both are great phones and the top of their class, I just like the iphone better. That's all.

All the new smart phone screeens do that now. Its called a capacitive touch screen.

I read a really interesting article on the iPhone differences between Verizon and AT&T here.

some really great points for both sides.

Good article. A lot of articles out right now about Iphone coming to Verizon. Most are stating caution.

All the new smart phone screeens do that now. Its called a capacitive touch screen.

yea I know, I regret typing that already cuz I know the HTC can register multiple contact point. I was more concerned about the screens responsiveness.

Here is my complaint, my damn Zagg Invisishield is peeling after 3 weeks of life!

Yeah I have gone through a few as well. They work great, but the dang things come unpeeled if you put the phone in your pocket. But mine have usually lasted about 6 months.

I read a really interesting article on the iPhone differences between Verizon and AT&T here.

some really great points for both sides.
I've been browsing around that site for a bit, and they seem pretty sure that the $29.99 data plan will include the hotspot feature at no extra charge. Sweet.

yea I know, I regret typing that already cuz I know the HTC can register multiple contact point. I was more concerned about the screens responsiveness.

Yeah I know what youre talking about. I tried out the Samsung Focus for about a week or so and the screen was awesome. Just as responsive if not better then the iPhones. And once you go 4" you'll never want to go back to 3.5" lol. The days of the iPhone having the most responsive touch screen are gone. Everyone is catching up and fast too. Check out the Motorola ATRIX, that is one bad arse phone there.

Yeah I know what youre talking about. I tried out the Samsung Focus for about a week or so and the screen was awesome. Just as responsive if not better then the iPhones. And once you go 4" you'll never want to go back to 3.5" lol. The days of the iPhone having the most responsive touch screen are gone. Everyone is catching up and fast too. Check out the Motorola ATRIX, that is one bad arse phone there.

That looks baller. Motorola always impressed me with their chipset even in the old days. Another reason that the IPhone 5 better bring the bacon. What's everyone hoping for in the next release? There have been some stuff floating around (most of it foo foo). Here's some of the stuff I've heard... dual chipset, voice to txt standard (finally), better camera, RFID, a 64GB model, 4G, true HD playback with HDMI compatibility.

That looks baller. Motorola always impressed me with their chipset even in the old days. Another reason that the IPhone 5 better bring the bacon. What's everyone hoping for in the next release? There have been some stuff floating around (most of it foo foo). Here's some of the stuff I've heard... dual chipset, voice to txt standard (finally), better camera, RFID, a 64GB model, 4G, true HD playback with HDMI compatibility.

Id like to see a 4.3" screen and if not a 4" screen at the least. And the UI needs to be updated finally. True multi-tasking. Bluetooth stack needs to be updated and improved. Add that to your list.

My brother works for motorola. In fact i'm tired of hearing about that phone. haha

Just want to get something straight, I'm not a GIANT Apple Fan Boy. In fact a few pages back I stated the only reason I still have the Iphone is cuz I'm grandfathered in with the unlimited Data Plan. And All I've been talking about lately is that Verizon customers should wait or atleast have a little caution on Feb 10 when the Iphone comes available.
The last couple of posts I've found myself defending the Iphone a little more than I would like.

When I spoke about respsonsivenss I was talking about the HTV Evo vs the Iphone I don't think the Iphone is still the most respsonsive. (its actually the Ipad haha just kidding)

My concern for Mobile phones in the coming future is not the phones but the Carriers services. I feel that the publics bandwidth demands are going to be so great in the next 5 years that NO company can keep up with it.

Id like to see a 4.3" screen and if not a 4" screen at the least. And the UI needs to be updated finally. True multi-tasking. Bluetooth stack needs to be updated and improved. Add that to your list.

I like it. I think if the dual chipset comes to fruition they'll have no choice but to improve iOS. I would love to see at least a 4" but I haven't heard of anything in that realm so we might be SOL on that one. Yeah BT is slow, crappy and the functionality is limited and I also would love even just a little bit of improvement on that.

My concern for Mobile phones in the coming future is not the phones but the Carriers services. I feel that the publics bandwidth demands are going to be so great in the next 5 years that NO company can keep up with it.

A few years ago a smart phone was a luxury. Now they are everywhere. I go to see a movie and before it starts it seems like 90% of the audience is on their smart phone on Facebook or something similar. Our service is fine at home in Jacksonville but when we go somewhere like Disney World the network is so clogged down by sheer weight of number of users that it seems slooooooooooooooow in comparison (because it is). I think you are spot on. The networks won't be able to keep up with the demand for wireless data useage.

Maybe someday our wireless and internet in general will get up beyond 3rd world speeds... :bad:

take it for what it's worth.....5 reasons not to buy the Verizon iPhone

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,281.../pcmag/breakingnews+(PCMag.com+Breaking+News)
I'll say this- I would definitely wait if I already had a smartphone. Since I know I'll be upgrading bigtime, using data for the first time and whatnot, (I've been sitting on a LG Dare for 2 1/2 years just waiting for this) I still think it makes sense for me to get one because I know I'll use it immediately for things I can't do now.

I'm super curious about the white version though. They'll probably be ready with that in a few months, but if I'm going to wait for that, I might as well wait all the way until summer for the iPhone 5. I'm still leaning towards just jumping in right away.

I'll say this- I would definitely wait if I already had a smartphone. Since I know I'll be upgrading bigtime, using data for the first time and whatnot, (I've been sitting on a LG Dare for 2 1/2 years just waiting for this) I still think it makes sense for me to get one because I know I'll use it immediately for things I can't do now.

I'm super curious about the white version though. They'll probably be ready with that in a few months, but if I'm going to wait for that, I might as well wait all the way until summer for the iPhone 5. I'm still leaning towards just jumping in right away.

Cell phones get better every month. You just have to give in and buy one knowing it will be outdated in a matter of weeks.

Edit: I should say they CHANGE not get better. Whether or not theyre getting better is subjective at best.

Cell phones get better every month. You just have to give in and buy one knowing it will be outdated in a matter of weeks.

Edit: I should say they CHANGE not get better. Whether or not theyre getting better is subjective at best.

True but...
That isn't the case with apple. You know you get one phone a year. If you jump now, by the end of your 2 year you will be 2 model years behind. If you wait 6 more months you are never more than 1 model year behind

Tapatalk- doesn't cure a slice...

If they follow the same cycle this summer we'll see something like the iPhone 4GS or maybe the HD with only minor changes. Then next year we'll see a whole new model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back