The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verizon is ditching the "New Every Two" thing. No word yet on what sort of upgrade system will replace it...

If you're planning on getting a smart phone through Sprint you better do it before 1/30..

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,281.../pcmag/breakingnews+(PCMag.com+Breaking+News)#

Thus making it $80 a month? ouch no thank you, its now more expensive then At&T and Verizon. (At&T flat out discontinued their unlimited data plan)
I swear, none of the carrier's are preparing for the data demands that is coming. I hate AT&T, but you'll have to pry my Iphone with it's unlimited Data Plan from my cold dead hand now.

Thus making it $80 a month? ouch no thank you, its now more expensive then At&T and Verizon. (At&T flat out discontinued their unlimited data plan)
I swear, none of the carrier's are preparing for the data demands that is coming. I hate AT&T, but you'll have to pry my Iphone with it's unlimited Data Plan from my cold dead hand now.

And that was one of their big sells versus AT&T. Soon Verizon and TMobile will follow suit as well. When AT&T did it, they made them look bad but they were just in denial. They just don't know the growth of data usage will explode in the next couple of years and they have to figure out ways to curtail it or make a buck off of those that hog the bandwidth.

And that was one of their big sells versus AT&T. Soon Verizon and TMobile will follow suit as well. When AT&T did it, they made them look bad but they were just in denial. They just don't know the growth of data usage will explode in the next couple of years and they have to figure out ways to curtail it or make a buck off of those that hog the bandwidth.

+1, MY Brother works for Motorola, (yeah I know that doesn't make him an expert or anything) but he strongly feels Unlimited data plans will be gone in the next 2-3 years. And then it'll come back in about 10 years. He strongly feels that America is 10 YEARS behind in preparing for all the data demands consumer's want.

+1, MY Brother works for Motorola, (yeah I know that doesn't make him an expert or anything) but he strongly feels Unlimited data plans will be gone in the next 2-3 years. And then it'll come back in about 10 years. He strongly feels that America is 10 YEARS behind in preparing for all the data demands consumer's want.

Ive heard this same thing many times before. Verizon recent phone buyers to get $200 toward new iPhone.

+10000

European bandwidth concerns are next to none and their digital backbone is much more advanced than the US. Of course the majority of the population can't take advantage of it over there due to cost but at least it's there. Here it's much more consumer friendly because it's "dumbed down" but affordable. Plus FCC regulations are probably much stingier than EU standards when it comes to corporations and bandwidth usage.

I am completely on the fence about whether to jump on the VZ iPhone now, or wait until summer when the new one will (probably) be released.
I'm thinking if the data plans remain $29.99 for unlimited, I'll just get it while I still can. (I don't have data now)

I don't really like the idea of having an outdated phone 5 months after I buy it though...

I am completely on the fence about whether to jump on the VZ iPhone now, or wait until summer when the new one will (probably) be released.
I'm thinking if the data plans remain $29.99 for unlimited, I'll just get it while I still can. (I don't have data now)

I don't really like the idea of having an outdated phone 5 months after I buy it though...

A very interesting question, the one thing to keep in mind for me is that the new iPhone, probably won't be available on Verizon for at least another year. So really you might only end up 1 year behind the curve assuming you signt he 2 year contract to get the Big Red iPhone.

Currently I'm on AT&T and still have a year and a half left on my 2 year contract from getting the new iPhone 4. I'm hoping that the new iPhone, 5 or whatever they call it, will be available on Verizon when my ATT contract is up. Maybe by then it'll be on the LTE network!!!

A very interesting question, the one thing to keep in mind for me is that the new iPhone, probably won't be available on Verizon for at least another year. So really you might only end up 1 year behind the curve assuming you signt he 2 year contract to get the Big Red iPhone.

Currently I'm on AT&T and still have a year and a half left on my 2 year contract from getting the new iPhone 4. I'm hoping that the new iPhone, 5 or whatever they call it, will be available on Verizon when my ATT contract is up. Maybe by then it'll be on the LTE network!!!
I've been reading some pretty solid rumors about Apple ordering a bunch of Qualcomm hardware, which will make the next phone compatible with both GSM and CDMA networks, so there's no reason to release it on At&t first.

I've been reading some pretty solid rumors about Apple ordering a bunch of Qualcomm hardware, which will make the next phone compatible with both GSM and CDMA networks, so there's no reason to release it on At&t first.

I hope that is the case, but you just never know. I know they mentioned the Verizon deal was non-exclusive, so the CDMA iPhone could go to another carrier. I really hope the iPhone 5 would work on both, it's time for a universal!

Verizon will be offering a $30 unlimited data plan for iPhone buyers.....

Thats interesting. At&t no longer offers that. Yet another reason for people to flee the T.

That's great news for Verizon iPhone users, I was grandfathered in to AT&T iphone 4 plans with my unlimited, I wonder if AT&T will bring it back???

That's great news for Verizon iPhone users, I was grandfathered in to AT&T iphone 4 plans with my unlimited, I wonder if AT&T will bring it back???

I sure hope so. I lost mine by switching around lol

Prob not. They may wait to see how the whole tiered pricing shakes out. Wouldn't be hard to bring back though

Tapatalk, it's not for everyone

You mean you dont only ho with golf clubs?

I have phone issues. I hate most of them after a few months as they start to suck.

I did just see Dead Space got released for the iPhone, looks killers. But I just cant get into those games on the phone. Its just too small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back