The James Hart Du Preez Thread

Preezy settled down. Time to go long on the second par 5 and work back to even par.

I can hit an 8i that long…

…if I add up the distance of two shots. 😂

Guess the nerves are getting to him :eek: Started on 10 with a Double & shoots 40 (+4) :eek: with 2 doubles. So .... guess this isn't the course for him to use all that power. Needs to be finesse (y)

The only person having a worse day is Phil.

His proximity has not been great today.

Super interesting though, if you check his numbers on the day, there's nothing that long on the card off the tee yet.

Agreed. I think he must play a lot of downhill downwind courses.

Agreed. I think he must play a lot of downhill downwind courses.
I'd love to know how often he gets to 210mph or more ball speed.

It's obviously been discussed, but it's not represented yet today. Maybe he's holding back?

I'd love to know how often he gets to 210mph or more ball speed.

It's obviously been discussed, but it's not represented yet today. Maybe he's holding back?

I bet he is holding back and playing with shorter, more controllable clubs?

What I like about him, is that he's doing it a different way. Just a big, strong guy making power.

Golf continues to show how insanely versatile the swing is.

The scary thing is for such a big tall guy, his swing is surprisingly smooth, and normal looking. Many times people get that tall and the swing gets wacky looking.

The scary thing is for such a big tall guy, his swing is surprisingly smooth, and normal looking. Many times people get that tall and the swing gets wacky looking.
Looks super controlled, for sure. I went on the YouTube rabbit hole for a bit with all the twitter hype on him.

..............hopefully the USGA is napping this week

think so? All this talk about his big averages on other tours.

For what it is worth, I think he is playing at see level this week... Maybe that is the difference.

Rickie is at 318 to big boy's 323 :ROFLMAO:

rickie must be drinking the juice to get back to where he was and avoid the despair of his buddy Smylie..

think so? All this talk about his big averages on other tours.

The course setup also doesn't help him. This is more of a hit to a distance and hit tight shots from there vs a course you can overpower. Too many homes, water hazards and sand.

Apparently his iron game into greens is Uhhh .... not good. :eek:

The course setup also doesn't help him. This is more of a hit to a distance and hit tight shots from there vs a course you can overpower. Too many homes, water hazards and sand.
I believe we call that a Kisner course 😆

Back