The Jordan Spieth Thread

Things are a lot easier in Europe where we don't have the luxury of the school system. We just let guys like McIlroy and Manassero make their own mistakes by going pro too early. :alien:

I wish him all the best. At least there's another name that will make me turn the channel to see how he's doing.

College is fun and those times are very memorable. However, if I had that talent, and someone offered my 7 figures to wear/play their gear, with the opportunity to earn an additional 7 figures, I think I would say adios to college, as well. He can always go back to college, if this doesn't work out.

It wouldn't make for much for a forum now would it. If we all shared the same sentiment. Hook them horns :)

Vegan

As a college player over the next two years he would get countless invites to play in tour events. Learning the ways of the tour without the pressure of the tour. His skills would increase, he would get stronger, more mature and Savvy. Plus a degree in hand.
I hate to say it but he can always go back for his degree. This conversation is very interesting to say the least and I can't help but to think each time I see someone post a "He should have stayed in school because he's not ready or that's the easier path to the tour", what would YOU do? It's easy to sit in the back seat and tell someone what to do but when it came down to it, being in the exact same situation he's in right now, what would you do? Now, I'm asking that as a hypothetical because someone that has already taken the stance of he should stay in school probably won't switch his position but it's interesting to think about if you were in his shoes.

I wish the best for the kid, I hope he does well because that has to be a tough decision to make. It would be hard to turn down that much $, but there are two sides to the equation and I hope that two years down the road we look back and say "he made the right decision."

If I was in Spieth's shoes, I would have made the exact same decision. It makes the most sense to me.

Jordan had a great weekend with a T2 in Puerto Rico. He's also made $373,000. Not to shabby for a 19 year old.

Jordan had a great weekend with a T2 in Puerto Rico. He's also made $373,000. Not to shabby for a 19 year old.

So excited for him. Great kid, honestly. Playing 9 holes with him was freaking sweet. Hopefully more to come.

I had the same thoughts, he performed well, it will be interesting to see if he keeps it going.

Any updates/rumblings on a possible club deal for Jordan with the season he is having? I could be wrong but I thought he isn't under contract with anyone for clubs. I looked for a WITB and didn't find anything. With the way he is playing I am sure he will get his card, if he hasn't already.

Any updates/rumblings on a possible club deal for Jordan with the season he is having? I could be wrong but I thought he isn't under contract with anyone for clubs. I looked for a WITB and didn't find anything. With the way he is playing I am sure he will get his card, if he hasn't already.

He doesn't have a club deal. I would assume he would probably get one by next year

He doesn't have a club deal. I would assume he would probably get one by next year

Hopefully he doesn't sign a deal and keeps playing what he has in his bag as it seems to be working well for him. Would like to see him notch a win this year and prove some people wrong, although with his results this year he has done that already.

Id love to see him get a win so he can qualify for the FedEx cup. Otherwise he gets no points because he not a full member.

Id love to see him get a win so he can qualify for the FedEx cup. Otherwise he gets no points because he not a full member.

I think he wins soon. He seems to be knocking at the door quite a bit.

this guy is smart.

good call! He's been knocking almost every week, at least at some point during the tournament. My son and I were pulling for him big time as we watched the playoff this afternoon. That was one of the best finishes I've seen this year. Very happy for Spieth.

Smart indeed! It's funny going back and reading some of the comments on this thread. The 19 year old has a win, another 5 top 10's and he' pocketed over 2 mil. Bet he's glad he missed out on art appreciation and college algebra this year.

Between JS and Wally, the tour future is so secure

Smart indeed! It's funny going back and reading some of the comments on this thread. The 19 year old has a win, another 5 top 10's and he' pocketed over 2 mil. Bet he's glad he missed out on art appreciation and college algebra this year.

who cares what X equals when $ = 2 million+?

TRUTH. Its going to be a blast to see how they pan out in the long run. I'm def a Spieth fan.

Already better then Fowler, let's see if it holds up.

HOOK 'EM. This kid is solid. Watched him at VTO playing alongside Rory and Charl and was very impressed by his maturity. Seems like he's been on tour for years now.

When he failed to get through qschool I thought he was done. I'm glad I was wrong, I hope he stays with what is working for him. The dollars will follow

Don't forget Peter Uhlein and Brooks Koepka on the European Tour, those two guys are awesome and I commend them for taking the road less traveled (for young US pro's).

Don't forget Peter Uhlein and Brooks Koepka on the European Tour, those two guys are awesome and I commend them for taking the road less traveled (for young US pro's).

I Meant Peter his dad is Wally

Back