The Jordan Spieth Thread

Berger was -6 on the par 5s today alone. o_O

Contrast, Spieth was like -1 I believe.

Pebble was there for the taking today. He’s figured out how to get back into contention, now needs to figure out getting the W.
Remember when we were happy with just making the cut? He’s come a long way in a short time. Next week will be key with a deeper field.

He's just an accurate driver away....but will he ever figure it out?
I think it’s there, just needs to swing. Easier said than done I know, but the drives on 10, 15, 16 and 18 showed me he has it when he needs it

Back to back top 5s isn’t bad at all! Seems like it came out of nowhere too! So glad he trending in the right direction! Hopefully he keeps it up at the genesis

Back to back top 5s isn’t bad at all! Seems like it came out of nowhere too! So glad he trending in the right direction! Hopefully he keeps it up at the genesis

the only thing about today that i didn’t like was the driver. he seemed to be scared of it. lots of right misses, which to me says he’s not comfortable releasing it. hopefully sniffing more and more leads will get him comfortable.

the only thing about today that i didn’t like was the driver. he seemed to be scared of it. lots of right misses, which to me says he’s not comfortable releasing it. hopefully sniffing more and more leads will get him comfortable.

totally agree with you, I also think that those finishes will give him confidence. I have always been one to think his problems are 90% mental. So hopefully these past couple weeks help him mentally!

Will Speith continue the great play at the Genesis this week?

Looks like his record is okay at Riviera. I would bet he has another strong week this week. I'll say a top-20.

He went from DI in driver to what looked like Ventus blue which would make sense in comparison only. Wonder how much testing he did or if he tried black as well. Thing is, he piped that drive on that fwd tee on 10...the others laid up and even called the tee use hokey.

The boy really does seem to have found something as it's carrying over again this week (for now).

Why doesn't he hire Butch as his coach?

It’s nice to see him in the mix again this week! The more he’s in the mix the more confident he’ll get!

You are Jordan F'n Spieth. Cut the sh!t and play golf.

that wouldn’t surprise me at all if that’s how that conversation went lol!

Well... Jordan has dropped to -6...... a cottter pin has popped loose and one of the wheels is wobbling like mad.... so bummed by his play today.

It's nice seeing him in contention the last couple of weekends. Even this past weekend nice seeing his name on Page 1 at times during the tournament.

He's working thru it and is starting to see progress and results. Hope he keeps it up rolling into Augusta.

It's nice seeing him in contention the last couple of weekends. Even this past weekend nice seeing his name on Page 1 at times during the tournament.

He's working thru it and is starting to see progress and results. Hope he keeps it up rolling into Augusta.
Top 3, 4 and 15 last 3 weeks. Looks like he needs to work on his weekend play now. Call me crazy, but I do think he's hitting more fairways and some of those drives/3W's have been a lot longer. Would love to see him in contention at Augusta this year.

It's really great to see him having some sustained results. Him and Bryson, battling it out, for the foreseeable future, will be good fun (among many other Yanks, to be sure).

WGR - 92nd end of Jan ‘21
WGR - 52nd today

#Trending

moved up with some very lucky shots that put him in the Top 5. I’ll fade him.

Yes it’s been all luck!

His last four tournaments:
T4
T3
T15
T4

Man that’s a LOT of luck

Let's see you put some money on a Top 5 Spieth finish this week.

Let's see you put some money on a Top 5 Spieth finish this week.

Where did I say he was going to finish Top 5 this week? I am simply responding to your post that he "moved up with some very lucky shots that put him in the Top 5."

He has finished no worse than T15 in his last four tournaments, including T4 in 3/4, you seriously believe that is simply "luck"?

Back