The Jordan Spieth Thread

Where did I say he was going to finish Top 5 this week? I am simply responding to your post that he "moved up with some very lucky shots that put him in the Top 5."

He has finished no worse than T15 in his last four tournaments, including T4 in 3/4, you seriously believe that is simply "luck"?

Yes, he putted well, particularly the first three days, but he had several shots on Saturday that I wouldn't expect him to replicate and ones where other guys just didn't get the same bounce.

Yes, he putted well, particularly the first three days, but he had several shots on Saturday that I wouldn't expect him to replicate and ones where other guys just didn't get the same bounce.

Okay so what about the other 3 tournaments? All luck too?

Okay so what about the other 3 tournaments? All luck too?

I was talking about the API. I didn't see much of the other tourneys except for the WGC.

I've been skeptical of him over the last year or two, but really happy to see him doing well the last few weeks. Maybe 2021 can be a good breakout year for him and he can prove me wrong!

Very curious to see if the hot stretch will continue this week. I see no reason it shouldn’t!

JS doesn't have a great track record at Sawgrass, but I'm cautiously optimistic he changes that this week.

Next up for Jordan is the Dell Match Play in ATX in a few weeks. Hopefully stops by Butch’s place for a tune up.

Next up for Jordan is the Dell Match Play in ATX in a few weeks. Hopefully stops by Butch’s place for a tune up.

Honestly, I was pretty happy with his performance at TPC, which is a place he hasn't historically played all that well at.

Get him back in Austin, and let's see what happens

So did he have the surgery? Article doesn't really indicate that he did but seems to imply it?

Tough to say. I got the impression he did not have it, and it healed on its own over time?

Tough to say. I got the impression he did not have it, and it healed on its own over time?
This helps the context hearing it from him but sounds like he just fought through the pain. Beginning of clips kind of sums it up.

Many times a chip in the wrist or the ankle will self-heal.
I experienced this in my ankle. I was off it for 6 weeks and the chip "fused" back into place on it's own.
The main thing is not to over use the area.
He kept going and it never healed apparently.
He should have done the surgery & been out 6-8 weeks.
I hate saying this, for I dislike hospitals & surgeries & the like

Back