ClairefromClare

Give 'em Helen!
Reaction score
Handicap
Brazilian
Please don't let me be the only one on this thread; I'll bore even myself silly. I just figured we should be able to tell funny stories and brag without having to expose the childless to our perfect kids.

I have to brag about Boo Girl. Our little town had a big fire last week. Ridiculously overcrowded two-family home burned down. Thirty-seven people left homeless, mostly immigrant women and their kids. They had very little to start with; now they have nothing.

The kids had heard about this in school, at scouts, and it came up again in church. After we got home from church, Boo Girl decided to give some of her money to help the victims. She shamed The Kid in to giving some of his as well (he's saving up for a GameStop run). I knew I was going to see the director of our local Red Cross on Monday, so I had them do up little envelopes for her and put their money in.

The director was just thrilled, and I was very proud of Boo for thinking this up on her own.

Love hearing things like that.

Sounds like you've got a couple pretty good kids on your hands.

I can't think of any really good stories right now but I'm sure I'll come up with one later that I can add.

It's amazing how insightful kids can be for their ages. You should be very proud.

since I don't have children here is my baby... she says hello to THP...

3118302211_fd196336e4_b.jpg

DD beat me to it...Here is ours.

438968193_7oy8U-L.jpg

Kerry was very serious in our photo session... that's her style

3119231738_3103909b64_b.jpg

3119224956_792cbf3d87_b.jpg

We only use leather collars for our dogs because they used to wear the kind like is in Dent's picture but they were playing and some of their teeth got caught in the others collar and we had to come rescue them! If they hadn't made so much noise (they were outside) it could have been a bad deal.

I don't leave a collar on my dog at all, never have. We don't have a fenced in yard so if he's out somebody is out there with him. He has learned not to leave our yard and if he does he will always stop and come back on command.

Somehow I don't think this is what Claire had in mind when she started a Kid thread.lol

Last edited:
Somehow I don't think this is what Claire had in mind when she started a Kid thread.lol

Hard for me to object to my thread being hijacked. Someone gonna start a dog thread?

Back