SeeMore Golf

Desmond

Golfer of Too Many Thoughts
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
That's... interesting. I didn't know they bought SIK.

I mean, it seems like a kinda cool use of some current technology. That's fun. And I think they did a pretty good job with the looks considering it all imo. I kind of wonder who it's for. Someone who just thinks an interesting new putter is worth $1500? Someone who thinks the tech will give them performance/results that's worth the $1500? I mean you really gotta believe in it or just not care at that price don't ya? I'm not either if those people, but it's interesting.
I think you hit it here: "I mean you really gotta believe in it or just not care at that price don't ya?"

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
The price is definitely a big hurdle.
Broken down its not quite as big though. I think the putter shaft is up there around $400 and they have sold a lot of them it appears. Still makes it over a grand, but I suspect a few are jumping in.
I kind of forgot/forget about that being a part of it. Custom something where they're buying individual components at near full price I might give it that kind of deduction in my head, but that's tough math for me when it's the company that makes them. You know what I mean? If you sell your x, y, z at ___ prices and make money off them at that, and put x, y, z together yourself and sell it, I feel like it should generally be a little less than retail of the individual parts put together elsewhere. Maybe just me, and they're successful, so they obviously think it's going to have success. Is it weird that the cover could help sway my opinion? :LOL: There was no cover in the article. Let's see the covers.

GolfATXAtty

TJRyska
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Grint 7.4
Man I sure would love to test this bad boy out. Just would hate to fall in love with it cause not sure I could pay $1500 for it. Great write up @Jman!

Muchmore18

2021 Grandaddy Alumni/Anime Gods
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I see a few mentions that the size of the putter isn't talked about by LAGP. That has to be intentional because that comparison picture alone turns me off of wanting to try it. Width wouldn't bother me in a putter since there are regulars blades all the way up to plenty wide mallets. But length of a putter is where my eyes get picky. And that looks slightly ridiculous next to a "standard" length blade.

I honestly don't even mention the price because that won't be a deterring factor for some people. I've seen stupid amounts of money spent on plenty of other parts of bags. So while it's a shock, I'm sure there's a market for it.

I just can't get over the shape. Seems like the ones who have used it, it's something that's quick to get over but until I'd have chance to see in hand, I'd pass on that alone.

RealPretendPsychic

Trust The Process
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The price is definitely a big hurdle.
Broken down its not quite as big though. I think the putter shaft is up there around $400 and they have sold a lot of them it appears. Still makes it over a grand, but I suspect a few are jumping in.
Any specifics on what is different about this shaft as it is made specifically for this putter?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Any specifics on what is different about this shaft as it is made specifically for this putter?
It’s built for the size of this head. It’s a little wider in the tip section. It’s also like a telephone pole.

Desmond

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Is it weird that the cover could help sway my opinion? :LOL: There was no cover in the article. Let's see the covers.
I heard the cover was fairly tight/disappointing but I hope someone here can confirm or deny.

JB

Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I heard the cover was fairly tight/disappointing but I hope someone here can confirm or deny.
It is tight. Im not sure I would say disappointing as much as unassuming and is a bit of a tight squeeze for the size of the head.

blugold

2022 TEEm Tour Edge
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It looks like a lot of tech, but I am thinking "the tech" is just the material and the size. I mean, it looks nice in pictures, the size looks staggering. I have no ambition to buy one.

Desmond

Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It is tight. Im not sure I would say disappointing as much as unassuming and is a bit of a tight squeeze for the size of the head.
Thank you.

One hears things in reviews and I trust THP.

Kmench

2022 Titleist Experience at Ballyhack
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
You lost me at $1,500! Plus, it's not adjustable?? Uhhh .... nope, not for Moi ;)
Exactly….can’t imagine buying this then not being able to adjust lie if needed. Adding weight is easy with lead tape, but seriously it’s kinda laughable.

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Oof. I don't get that. Is there a reason you can think of that they would make it unassuming? I mean that's a high priced piece of hardware, the presentation of it would seem to matter to most. That's what people will see. I don't collect covers or anything, not crazy about all that, but a real nice putter with a less than stellar cover would be tough for me. I really want to see it now.

JB

Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Oof. I don't get that. Is there a reason you can think of that they would make it unassuming? I mean that's a high priced piece of hardware, the presentation of it would seem to matter to most. That's what people will see. I don't collect covers or anything, not crazy about all that, but a real nice putter with a less than stellar cover would be tough for me. I really want to see it now.
Because of the entire presentation is my guess. Its a black shaft, black head (generally speaking) and black cover.

OldandStiff

AlsoBald
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+
Because of the entire presentation is my guess. Its a black shaft, black head (generally speaking) and black cover.
Okay, well I get that. I guess I think of unassuming as not overly .. premium? And I guess I want a little bit of that, even if it's more monotone, on something like this. Want the cover to express the quality of what's underneath.

Snowman

It's a dry heat!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do they throw a fitting in with the $1500 price tag?
Fitting what? The only thing you're able to change is the shaft length. Can't change lie, loft or head weight, and no options on alignment aids.

If I was going to splash out big money on a putter, I'd spend it on a fitting and a custom-built putter from Edel. Still nowhere near the cost of the LA Golf putter, but at least I'd feel like I was getting my money's worth.

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!- #teamRhi
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Fitting what? The only thing you're able to change is the shaft length. Can't change lie, loft or head weight, and no options on alignment aids.

If I was going to splash out big money on a putter, I'd spend it on a fitting and a custom-built putter from Edel. Still nowhere near the cost of the LA Golf putter, but at least I'd feel like I was getting my money's worth.
My understanding was you can select which weights get installed, so some sort of demo/fitting to determine that would go a long way towards a commitment to a $1500 putter.

jdtox

The Peoples Captain
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
I'll never understand the price of some of these putters. It looks good, we know the tech is there but it's not going to make more putts drop automatically. I can never justify that price tag no matter how good it looks but to each their own.

chile

Jive Turkey
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a market for this putter, albeit limited due to price. I wonder what it is like putting all that tech in one place - how does it work? Unfortunately, doubt if I will be able to roll a few with it.
i would think that with all this tech that "makes" it a great putter. it would have all golfers picking it up in droves. right?

pumbaa

2022 GOAT CUP!
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
my swing
I'll never understand the price of some of these putters. It looks good, we know the tech is there but it's not going to make more putts drop automatically. I can never justify that price tag no matter how good it looks but to each their own.
Agreed. 1500 is astronomical money.

I understand its carbon fiber and the shaft, but just can't do it. I was never their target demo to begin with though.

checkered

The Shogun of Harlem
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
too high
I actually like the look quite a bit. Now, at that price, i'm out. Really cool looking and tech, just out of my price range.

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Exactly….can’t imagine buying this then not being able to adjust lie if needed. Adding weight is easy with lead tape, but seriously it’s kinda laughable.
Is it though? Carbon fiber isn’t bendable.

Jman

Golf Writer Guy
Albatross 2022 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
i would think that with all this tech that "makes" it a great putter. it would have all golfers picking it up in droves. right?
What do ya mean?

Kmench

2022 Titleist Experience at Ballyhack
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Is it though? Carbon fiber isn’t bendable.
I know it’s not bendable that’s what I said, it’s crazy not being able to adjust it if needed for $1500.

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2022 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Reminds me of the old Hog golf putter.
Hard pass for me, especially given the steep price.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in