Those things are SIK (see what I did there...) moving on, REALLY like the look of the mid mallet and love the damascus-esqu look to the milled carbon fiber. I'd be in the dog house for a while at that pricepoint, but here's for hoping to see one on eBay someday for 1/8 the price...

Still think this thing is insane. I’ll probably never see one unless I’m at Club Champion.
Im curious if they will be there, my thought would say no, since LA Golf is selling the complete package of goods (meaning shaft and head) as a premium product with no real fitting options.

great size by size comparison. I heard it was big but seeing it next to another putter....that is massive!!

I still want the mallet version. Been debating selling some putters to fund that one

Look, I think more options in the marketplace are great. From reading here and there, I'd ask if the lie angle was adjustable, or were other adjustments besides headweight adjustable, and my next question would be "How do these high-tech components come together to make one putter that is more than the sum of its parts?" In other words, "Does it work in terms of feel and performance?"

As to price, I sold about $1500 worth of putters for a $900 milled everything custom putter with a 3 hr fitting. But I know that putter fits me. I don't need to buy another putter. If it doesn't perform, it's on me. I'm sure you can get a fitting at some retail outlet to see if the LA Putter fits you even with limited adjustments. It seems fairly standard but everyone is different. And the mallet looks great.

Asking genuinely, What makes a putter overrated? Its a shape that seems fairly common, albeit larger. It features a tech that is talked about by every company in MOI and a material that I do not believe has ever been done for the putter head in full.

I totally agree that the cost is high, but with the high price of milled steel putters, I would think many would find it falls in line.
Would it make me a better putter? Doubtful. To me it looks unrefined, like it has a rough finish. (this may be hard to tell from the pictures used.)

That thing is huge!!
I was fortunate enough to roll it at Shaftup #2. It is comically oversized. I mentioned actually looks like my 3yr old's toy putter. The head is huge, the shaft is huge. It's like they had a goal, and given the restraints of materials caused them to have to go XXXXL to meet them. That being said, the roll off the face is slick and the sound is pleasant. It's a mixed bag when you both hate and love a club at the same time. 😆 the price is enough to deter most average players, but I doubt that's who their target is.

There is SO MUCH going on in this putter!

Price wise, I don't like it. Size wise? I might like it, it might not be an issue at all if you get one in hand.

It looks very damascus on the back/sole of it..... I don't mind the look on the sole, but am very against it on the back for some reason. The top down picture it looks very muted, but the others at an angle, I am not a fan of the pattern intermingling with the sight line.

Overall, with the comparisons in the pictures, it looks like a very "beefy" putter. Playing a TC#7 with as much weight on it as I can get, I feel like this would be an interesting one to look into (assuming I was in the market for a $1500 putter).

Would it make me a better putter? Doubtful.
That could very well be. Maybe I am confused on the word overrated. Is it carbon fiber that is? MOI?

I love the 50% larger sweet spot but not the huge head and price tag. The very useful tech sounds like it is there in abundance though. DLT is something that has intrigued me for quite some time.

There is SO MUCH going on in this putter!

Price wise, I don't like it. Size wise? I might like it, it might not be an issue at all if you get one in hand.

It looks very damascus on the back/sole of it..... I don't mind the look on the sole, but am very against it on the back for some reason. The top down picture it looks very muted, but the others at an angle, I am not a fan of the pattern intermingling with the sight line.

Overall, with the comparisons in the pictures, it looks like a very "beefy" putter. Playing a TC#7 with as much weight on it as I can get, I feel like this would be an interesting one to look into (assuming I was in the market for a $1500 putter).
When I first opened the box, I was genuinely surprised by the size. Nothing on the website or materials indicate how large it is. You get used to it pretty easily, but it is definitely large, which is why we included that picture in @Jman article.

I really like the look in hand, as it looks refined in every aspect other than the rivets, which seem almost out of place.

It's hard to get past the price. I would roll it but yikes.

Are other SIK putters adjustable?

That could very well be. Maybe I am confused on the word overrated. Is it carbon fiber that is? MOI?
I guess what I am saying is there is not component in that putter that I feel is better than the components in my Toulon Chicago.
I don't see how they can justify a $1500 putter.

The tech and putter says yes. Unfortunately the price says no.

Yes, you can order them direct from their website and choose loft, lie angle, etc.
Ok I wasn’t sure if there was something with the descending loft technology… So if the loft and lie angle aren’t correct on this putter you’d have to change your stroke or setup to make it work since it’s not adjustable?

I’m impressed that they made the sweet spot 50% bigger while only increasing the overall putter size by 30%. That’s a 67% sweet spot to putter size smash factor.

That's... interesting. I didn't know they bought SIK.

I mean, it seems like a kinda cool use of some current technology. That's fun. And I think they did a pretty good job with the looks considering it all imo. I kind of wonder who it's for. Someone who just thinks an interesting new putter is worth $1500? Someone who thinks the tech will give them performance/results that's worth the $1500? I mean you really gotta believe in it or just not care at that price don't ya? I'm not either if those people, but it's interesting.

When I first opened the box, I was genuinely surprised by the size. Nothing on the website or materials indicate how large it is. You get used to it pretty easily, but it is definitely large, which is why we included that picture in @Jman article.

I really like the look in hand, as it looks refined in every aspect other than the rivets, which seem almost out of place.
In comparison to the Cure putters when they came out, is it similar in size to that? Or would the Cures still be larger?

Overall looks wise, it's like they pulled sole weighting from one brand, the back plate with rivets somewhere else, the finish somewhere else too. I realize none of those items are proprietary to one oem (or assume they arent) It's almost like a digi-camo if you just glance at it

In comparison to the Cure putters when they came out, is it similar in size to that? Or would the Cures still be larger?

Overall looks wise, it's like they pulled sole weighting from one brand, the back plate with rivets somewhere else, the finish somewhere else too. I realize none of those items are proprietary to one oem (or assume they arent) It's almost like a digi-camo if you just glance at it
Not quite as large, but close.

That's... interesting. I didn't know they bought SIK.

I mean, it seems like a kinda cool use of some current technology. That's fun. And I think they did a pretty good job with the looks considering it all imo. I kind of wonder who it's for. Someone who just thinks an interesting new putter is worth $1500? Someone who thinks the tech will give them performance/results that's worth the $1500? I mean you really gotta believe in it or just not care at that price don't ya? I'm not either if those people, but it's interesting.
The price is definitely a big hurdle.
Broken down its not quite as big though. I think the putter shaft is up there around $400 and they have sold a lot of them it appears. Still makes it over a grand, but I suspect a few are jumping in.

I used this at the LIV event. First thing I noticed whas how light it felt. Because of this I was a bit uncomfortable initially. I love the head shape and stability the shaft brought. I took one stroke to realize how good it was. Without any practice, i lipped out a very difficult putt. The ball rolled true and smooth off the face. The lack of weight didn't effect me at all. The sound off the face was pleasant too. Not quite like a milled face but not too dampened like certain inserts.

Back