Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
By now you know the name Lamkin Golf, and as you are reading this on a website dedicated to golf equipment, I’m betting you have had their grips on more than your fair share of clubs. While Lamkin has always been one of the main players when it comes to swing grips, they quite frankly haven’t gotten the acknowledgement which they have earned when it comes to innovation and continually trying to offer a complete lineup. 

There is no better example of that push for better than in their Lamkin ST +2 Hybrid of grips which are growing like wildfire in popularity, and rightfully so. While most golfers have an immediate grip design they think of when considering multiple material grips, the ST +2 Hybrid just might be coming for the crown. ...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been using these since they came out, love these grips.

Made the switch from this year based on a recommendation on the forum. Tried it first on my driver and after one round immediately went to all of my clubs. Haven’t even thought of another grip since then.

Great read @Jman . Absolutely one area I am still very uninformed in is the grip. Everything about these sound great, thanks for sharing.

Nice write up, Jman. I love the Sonar black-blue and it is the first grip that I'd consider saying they help your game performance. The ST hybrid 360 has me tempted!

These look really good.

These are super interesting.

Put it on my three wood when I reshafted last month and I wont go back to anything else. Slowly working on getting the rest of the set done, including the 360 on the driver.

I just wish they made the 360 also in a midsize, but a few extra tape layers will do…

Much prefer Lamkin grips over all others. Have the ST+2 Hybrid grips on driver, hybrids and irons and really like the grip. FWIW, UTx are on FWs and Z5 are on non-set wedges.

Thanks, James. I appreciate the explanation of the materials involved.

For those who’ve played it, how well does it handle and damp vibration? To what other Grips would you compare this one? Is it safe to assume this grip will perform well in hot and humid conditions?

thanks.

These look really good.
Best grips out there if a multiple compound style is in your wheelhouse, I really do believe that.

Best grips out there if a multiple compound style is in your wheelhouse, I really do believe that.

Will absolutely check them out. I almost always played Lamkin until I went with one of the more modern multi-comp grips.

Took a few swings with @JB's clubs and these grips were really nice. Once I run out of my other grips I might have to make the switch.

I've been stuck on the Sonar and Sonar Tour grips for awhile, but I like the sound of these. Might have to find a few.

Might be worth a try. I need to reload on grips anyways. :unsure:

I have tried these and they are pretty good. but so far I have not seen a midsize version yet. Maybe out there but I have not seen them. A midsize calibrate is what I would want.

I have the st+2 on all 13 clubs. Favorite grip ever. Just started getting a little thumb print, easy fix, blow it off and rotate 😁

Once the extra residue from my messy installation technique got off, these grips have been freaking phenomenal. The lower portion is soft, and not a lot of vibration passing through, and the upper with the cord is just perfect.

I have tried these and they are pretty good. but so far I have not seen a midsize version yet. Maybe out there but I have not seen them. A midsize calibrate is what I would want.
They do make those in mid. Only ones not in mid are the 360

I have the st+2 on all 13 clubs. Favorite grip ever. Just started getting a little thumb print, easy fix, blow it off and rotate 😁
King fu grip strength! Haha!

I’m always on the lookout for a reason to regrip my clubs, the ST+2 Hybrid & ST+2 Hybrid 360 have me in ponder mode, as I’m not exactly in love with the Sonar grips on my clubs.

Good info. I go back and forth between MCC and Tour Velvet. Need to test these; might be the best of both.

I have been using the ST Hybrids on my driver, wedges for several years now and can vouch for them as well. I didn't think they were +2 but maybe they are or else they don't offer non +2 now. Either way great grips. I will be going with those when I re-grip my entire set this winter. Which is huge for me as I have been a lifelong GP user.

These are intriguing. I might have to try one out this year on the driver as the MCC is showing some wear.

picked a couple up to throw on something for the weekend.

THP strikes again.

Back