The Last round of the 2020 Season

Hello fellow golfers.
I was wondering when your typical "Last round of the Year" takes place in your region.
Of course, we've all played with extra gear on to get the last round in.
My best was a few years back.
2nd week of November
Frost delays until noon at the Golf Course.
Temperature was 32 F, windchill was mid 20's.
Virtually no distance with any club.
I wore Long Johns/sweaters/toques.
My water bottle was frozen solid on the back 9 and I couldn't drink it, so I stuck to Fireball.

I’m from a town called East Kilbride in Scotland and generally from mid October until mid March courses are sodden and unplayable due to the rainfall. It’s cold here too, but mostly damp and miserable.

I’m a member at East Kilbride GC and a few years back I was playing a local course, Bonnyton, the week before Christmas and it was stunning.

It was mid February before I played again however.

We were delayed today 1 hour and 20 minutes for frost and I had my handwarmers working full time until the 6th hole when we got above 40. A sure sign our season is about over (course closes Oct. 31)

I had family in Littleton. Where are you? They moved to Phoenix, Pennsylvania and some back home to Scotland.

Season wise it is already over for me, but I will continue to play rounds depending on the weather for the remainder of the year and into next

I had family in Littleton. Where are you? They moved to Phoenix, Pennsylvania and some back home to Scotland.
Scotland sounds good right now! We are up in Estes Park

I played last year on Dec 31st in shorts and a golf polo. We did not have our New Years Heaven and Hell tournament thought because a cold front came in middle of the night and it was 40's and blowing 20-30 mph. Texas weather in the winter haha.

Just bought some cold gear and waiting on the THP winter beanie... Hoping last round of 2020 is near new years Eve...

Ohio winter ❄️ here's to hoping... Got a lot of colors to stick out in walking rounds.

I played last year on Dec 31st in shorts and a golf polo. We did not have our New Years Heaven and Hell tournament thought because a cold front came in middle of the night and it was 40's and blowing 20-30 mph. Texas weather in the winter haha.

Are you anywhere near Midland?

It all depends on the weather for me. I am not a cold weather golfer. If I can't keep my hands warm I am miserable and golf is hard enough in good conditions.

I don't like the cold* so it very well could have been last weekend. I'm going to try and make a push to play this Sunday, though.

*cold = below 55. And yes, I know where I live.

I hear you. I don’t like playing in cold and 50 degrees is about my limit. Hopefully, we have another couple of weeks. Usually, try to make it to the end of October.

I hear you. I don’t like playing in cold and 50 degrees is about my limit. Hopefully, we have another couple of weeks. Usually, try to make it to the end of October.

This weekend is looking to be nice but I'm laid up with a kidney infection so I think I'm going lay low for at least today. Also, the Bills play Monday so the course will be packed tomorrow.
we shall see.gif

12/31. Can play all year where I live.

A couple of years ago I golfed on December 15th, because it hadn't snowed yet, and the weather was decent.
Last year we didn't even get past mid November because of all the rain, and then snow.
I'm hoping the weather will be decent for the next month, anything more is just a bonus.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

I’m booked in to Dumbarnie Links on November 5th, which is on the east coast of Scotland. One of the newer top quality developments, and that will probably be the curtain coming down.

Shoveled snow today. Starting to think my last outdoor round of the season could be in the rear view mirror. Hopefully we get another playing window before winter fully takes over.

Last year I was able to play into December, but starting up in 2021 will probably be February (was this year) with a gap in March and April due to snow. Hoping it won't delay the start of league the way Rona did.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Off topic, but love Estes Park. Looking to get out there in May to visit a course.

Up here you will have your choice of the 18 hole or 9 hole course, but lots of courses down in the front range as well and a nice one over at Grand Lake

Up here you will have your choice of the 18 hole or 9 hole course, but lots of courses down in the front range as well and a nice one over at Grand Lake
Always out at Spring Valley in Elizabeth

We always try to get a black friday round in... very few years we havent. Have played 9 & finished at BW's playing Golden Tee...

If I'm lucky... Dec 31st.

Back