The Last Time You Quit Early

Couple times due to weather but only once out of necessity...

Course told us there was a large group (40) in the 10 tee times before us and play would probably be slow. No hurry, no worries.

Well, it was 40 older women wearing red hats...the red hat society golf outing.

6 holes in 2.5 hours and we packed it in. Can’t believe we made it that long.

They looked like they were having a blast though.

Last June. Got through 9 holes having encountered four dizzy spells. Went home after 10 and took an hour and a half nap. Woke up with my Apple Watch buzzing and it telling me it detected AFib.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe I ever have unless it was weather related.

Other than weather, I have never walked off. Have been playing since 1972.

Never….not even considered quitting.

Aug. 14th 2018, was on #6 tee waiting for the fairway to clear when the wife called. I answered because I knew it was important, otherwise she never would have called, her father had suffered a double brain aneurysm and was being rushed to the hospital. Left my ball on the tee box and rushed to meet her at the hospital.

When is the last time you stopped before getting to the turn?
Never. I play all 18 figuring if nothing else I can work on some things.

If not for darkness or a weather horn, I can’t remember walking off early.

I have gone to quit once, only because I ran out of balls. Random dude I was playing with handed me a few and I was able to finish the round though.

Only once since ‘98. I remember it vividly because I was playing about 4 miles from the office and had a workplace injury that I rushed back to handle. The random I was riding with drove me to the car after hole 6. The voice mail from my foreman made it sound like someone had died; it only ended up being 5 stitches.

I’ve stopped at the turn a few times, but I can’t recall ever stopping before that.

The next time l do will , be the first time I have ....
Not in my DNA to .

😊

Never due to how I was playing, I have had to stop due to back pain a couple of times last year and rain stopping play has happened too often over the years (greens flooded).

I've left on the back 9 before, though it's been years. I've done it twice, but only for two reasons:

1) The front 9 took 3 hours and we got a rain check on the remaining 9, because the pace of play was absolutely unacceptable.
2) Had to leave to make it to a family event, again due to slow pace of play.

Never have left before even making the turn.

I've only quit before my round was over a couple of times... and that was due to injury.

I used to live on a 9 hole muni. I quit on the 4th fairway by my house one 4th of July weekend because of the pace of play was horrible. Had a Tito's and tonic and all was better 😎

I'm don't really remember quitting before the turn. Earlier this year I did quit after 9 because of how slow the pace was but I can usually grind it out for a full 9.

It's been awhile. I think it was pace of play and/or weather related. Wasn't worth waiting on slow golfers to be miserable.

About 5 years ago when my youngest was still in college. Waiting to tee off on #6 and got a call asking if I could help her get a board in her car because she'd been trying to figure out how for almost an hour in a Lowe's parking lot. I drove right past her when I pulled in that lot. She (and her little Ford Focus) were hiding behind a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood. Technically I guess I didn't quit. Afterwards I went back and finished up the round. #6 tee is just past #1 green on that course.

Back