The Lawn Mower Thread

Going to pick my Toro Time Master up this evening! Pretty freaking stoked.

I operate a lawn equipment dealership. I would be happy to answer any questions THP'rs have about lawn equipment or repairs.

Been using a Craftsman M230 over the last year, and have been very pleased. Has the FWD and gets the job done! Any recommendations on blade sharpening?

CMXGMAM1125502_1.jpg

I have a eGO Electric Mower, Bought the weed eater and the blower to go with it. Bad part is they always start and i have no excuse like it being flooded and cant start
_hero_SQ_3SP4175254-1-d756dbc82bfe43398ef9fda1ca81dcce.jpg

I'm a stripe guy.
3ca35a69fb191a6c1924816a4a7c3972.jpg
2a3167180b39f26d37ffdd711a89cb06.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Pure look, there! 🙏

Been using a Craftsman M230 over the last year, and have been very pleased. Has the FWD and gets the job done! Any recommendations on blade sharpening?

View attachment 8938986

BE SAFE!! remove the spark plug wire so the unit cannot start by accident. Flip the mower on its side so the air filter is pointing up, If you flip it air filter down you will leak gas and oil into the filter. If you have a vice and grinder use it to sharpen blade. If not take it to a lawn mower shop and they should sharpen it for 5-10 bucks.

I got a greenworks mower with the battery packs a few years ago. I love it, so much easier than gas and does a great job. Got the matching weedwhacker too.
We had someone now our yard last year, but my son is a freshman now and he needs money so I bought a Greenworks 21" mower and weed eater for the house. They are awesome. The mower even has a sensor for thick grass where it speeds up when the cutting gets tough. We have a small patch between the neighbors house that stays a little wet and it has very healthy grass so that area is super dense and the mower after a few feet revs up and blasts through that patch of grass. I am very impressed with the electric mower. I like it so much I have been doing 1/2 the most 😂

After having a lawn service starting at age 10, I’m not a fan of moving lawns so I intentionally have a small area to mow on our 2.2 acres. With my Honda self propelled I can tackle it in about 15 minutes.

I have a cub cadet XT1 riding mower and an inexpensive Poulon 22” push mower for mowing the live pine straw edge.

I’m not a fan of yard work but I love the look of it when it is done.
A90DF0C4-ECEE-4227-B301-984EC96D03D1.jpeg

I need a new mower...badly. my old girl has served our family for 3 generations but the deck is starting to rust through.

However, I'd rather buy a new BBQ instead.

BE SAFE!! remove the spark plug wire so the unit cannot start by accident. Flip the mower on its side so the air filter is pointing up, If you flip it air filter down you will leak gas and oil into the filter. If you have a vice and grinder use it to sharpen blade. If not take it to a lawn mower shop and they should sharpen it for 5-10 bucks.

Excellent, thank you! Will be adding this info to my lawn care notes. Appreciate it.

Very cool, did not know those existed. This will be perfect as I do not have a vice or grinder. Thanks, dude!

I upgraded from a residential Cub Cadet zero turn, to a Scag Patriot a few years ago. So glad I did it. The Patriot isnt top of the line like some others, but i felt it was a good value. I've been really enjoying it and feel it sit wells between a residential and full commercial line of mowers. I went from an hour plus to just under 40 minutes to mow my 1.25 acre lot. Puts down some nice stripes too!
Yard.jpg

I upgraded from a residential Cub Cadet zero turn, to a Scag Patriot a few years ago. So glad I did it. The Patriot isnt top of the line like some others, but i felt it was a good value. I've been really enjoying it and feel it sit wells between a residential and full commercial line of mowers. I went from an hour plus to just under 40 minutes to mow my 1.25 acre lot. Puts down some nice stripes too!
View attachment 8939001
Using a push mower on that would be a nightmare.

21 inch Lawnboy was tuned and sharpened last fall, ready for first cut of the year this weekend (Northerner)
along with spring fertilizer, ready for chipping practice

1587644838436.png

Standard suburban dad lawnmower :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:- Sometimes I get to have fun at my dad's house with the Exmark
1587646080985.png

View attachment 8939001
I would love to have this myself, but I don't have a the back yard for this. #jealous

I would love to have this myself, but I don't have a the back yard for this. #jealous
Thanks. It was one criteria for me while house shopping. A yard big enough for a riding mower. That turned into a zero turn, which has been such a time saver.

[QUOTE="NateGQUOTE]Man that's an oldie. That was the last summer I lived there. That was a good 10 years of yard work! Only have a half acre here in South East Texas. Still stripping but the St. Augustine doesn't strip near as good as Kentucky Bluegrass.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ve been eyeing this one every time I stop in my lawn care equipment dealer. I could cut the entire neighbor hood in 3 minutes.
024B1DAF-6D01-4659-B224-300AA00B2390.jpeg

Back