The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Well for me +16 not only is not the needle but was not moving it either. Let me see the real players.
Sometimes the needle points to E, and yes, the tank does in fact appear to be empty. Been sputtering for awhile now.

Love you saying Tiger “Is the needle”. Perfect. Reminds me of Reggie Jackson saying “I am the straw that stirs the drink”
Yeah I think LIV would get waaaay more benefit signing Tiger over Rory. I wonder what Tigers price would be?

Obviously this Rory thing was an act of desperation by LIV, why else do it? not a good sign for them, they needed to stir the pot and get people talking about LIV, even if it was BS.

Obviously this Rory thing was an act of desperation by LIV, why else do it? not a good sign for them, they needed to stir the pot and get people talking about LIV, even if it was BS.
So LIV controls the media rumors? Rory says he hasn't talked numbers at all with LIV so are you saying that LIV planted a story that they offered $850 million?

And that is that

Hmmm Rory stiffs the DP World Tour but then gets exemption so he can still play the Ryder Cup. Playing the PGAT full time and living in Florida. I wouldn't take anything this guys says with a whole lot of confidence.

So LIV controls the media rumors? Rory says he hasn't talked numbers at all with LIV so are you saying that LIV planted a story that they offered $850 million?

City A.M. started the rumor but they haven't commented on their source, nor will they of course, but who else would do it? kinda obvious.

City A.M. started the rumor but they haven't commented on their source, nor will they of course, but who else would do it? kinda obvious.
So LIV started a rumor that Rory was close to $850 million contract when each side has not exchanged numbers?

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Just a coincidence that Greg Norman was following Rory around Augusta this past weekend then this "story" breaks Monday.

And that is that

What he didn't say was that he wouldn't play LIV events. If there is a deal, it has been looking like PGA players will be allowed to play LIV and vice versa. I think there is going to be a deal, but it is just taking a long time determining how to integrate the PGA and LIV.

So LIV started a rumor that Rory was close to $850 million contract when each side has not exchanged numbers?

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth
So there is a rumor about a rumor? It's the Internet where grains of salt are the size of boulders.

So there is a rumor about a rumor? It's the Internet where grains of salt are the size of boulders.
It must be true if it's on the internet or on social media :LOL:.

Yeah I think LIV would get waaaay more benefit signing Tiger over Rory. I wonder what Tigers price would be?
Tiger is the reason the PIF negations broke down and the SSG deal was accomplished.

What does TW care if the PGAT takes a significant revenue hit. He got his billion and with his inability to compete has his sights set on TGL for more personal revenue.

The PIF got played and should've stayed the course in court because PGAT being a monopoly is a slam dunk.

The Saudi's was winning with the legal fees the PGAT was incurring.

Fred Ridley says he likes the ecosystem but it's a closed system to LIV golf.

LIV has many paths to be on the roster so spare me LIV being a closed shop.

In the end greed will be the PGAT demise, viewership is down and purses are up which is not a long term sustainable plan.

The Rory thing always felt odd to me unless as i mentioned before it was purely spiteful.

850M is a ton of guacamole....But Rory has a partnership with the PGA for TMRW sports and equity in that company, that's gotta be worth a lot. He has other equity deals that the PGA helped set up for him, allegedly.

All of his sponsorships and on course stuff....didn't he make 120M or so last year.

Wouldn't Rory's stake in TMRW sports be pretty large?

He's one of the few guys where i'm not even sure LIV could make him an offer big enough

The Rory thing always felt odd to me unless as i mentioned before it was purely spiteful.

850M is a ton of guacamole....But Rory has a partnership with the PGA for TMRW sports and equity in that company, that's gotta be worth a lot. He has other equity deals that the PGA helped set up for him, allegedly.

All of his sponsorships and on course stuff....didn't he make 120M or so last year.

Wouldn't Rory's stake in TMRW sports be pretty large?

He's one of the few guys where i'm not even sure LIV could make him an offer big enough
I would like to see younger players on the PGAT share in some of Rory's fame. Something like RF did.

Back