The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

And they gave the PGA a rival.

A well funded rival that has already taken some recognizable name players from the PGA Tour.

Genuine question, what worts? The social media control was one I think deserves more attention.
I'm not sure I am explaining it correctly, but I will give it a go.

It's become obvious, at least to me, that the tour has been heavy handed with players in terms of how much they can play, monetizing likeness, and other restrictions. They hide behind, "we are generating purse money larger than we ever have" but restricting where "Independent Contractors" can apply their craft. I get they need to protect sponsors and are only as good as the talent they field, but now that all of this has played out I think the tour could have dealt with this better. They are coming across as a heavy handed parent telling kids what not to do and the kids doing it anyway out of spite.

I think you can do away with the wrap around schedule, work with LIV for their limited events and still satisfy sponsors by giving them a bigger tournament to be tied to versus The Barracuda or whatever no name event is on.

I will try to avoid LIV discussion, but just to be clear I'm anti LIV. I don't see any positives from it. I am opposed to the funding source and overall model. I believe the fragmentation among players and asscoiated division among fans is harmful to the game. I also do not believe LIV is sustainable. Moving on to more interesting topics, like the crazy fact that I am putting better. I sure like that.

I would love to be a fly on the wall during some of these negotiations.

There could be a great book about the birth of LIV in the future.

I'm not sure I am explaining it correctly, but I will give it a go.

It's become obvious, at least to me, that the tour has been heavy handed with players in terms of how much they can play, monetizing likeness, and other restrictions. They hide behind, "we are generating purse money larger than we ever have" but restricting where "Independent Contractors" can apply their craft. I get they need to protect sponsors and are only as good as the talent they field, but now that all of this has played out I think the tour could have dealt with this better. They are coming across as a heavy handed parent telling kids what not to do and the kids doing it anyway out of spite.

I think you can do away with the wrap around schedule, work with LIV for their limited events and still satisfy sponsors by giving them a bigger tournament to be tied to versus The Barracuda or whatever no name event is on.
I am all for empowering a labor force. Sounds like PGA Tour golfers need to unionize.

Agree. Love or hate with LIV represents or is doing, they gave generated conversation, exposed some PGAT warts and are giving the initial guys generational money
I'm excited that hopefully after everything shakes our the viewer experience for whomever becomes dominant is better. As it sits now it is trash in my opinion.

I am all for empowering a labor force. Sounds like PGA Tour golfers need to unionize.
I think the law states independent contractors can't unionize.

Still can't believe there's no team merchandise available.
With the logos and stuff they have put out I could only imagine the quality of a shirt :D

I hope Rickie stays with the PGA tour.

I will watch just to see the shotgun start and see how it goes and the production quality. If they can't run it smoothly, and they will have to figure out who broadcasts it because if they do PPV it won't work

What events can the players on the LIV participate in beside the LIV Tour? Presidents cup? Ryder cup? other tours besides the PGA?

What events can the players on the LIV participate in beside the LIV Tour? Presidents cup? Ryder cup? other tours besides the PGA?
Ryder cup is based on points right? Doubt that works out.

Since every thread on the forum turns into a catch all for LIV Golf, it was best just to start one. Obviously the tournament thread will have info and results in there, but this one can be used for all of the rumors or complaining about this new venture.

Screen-Shot-2022-06-08-at-9.13.58-AM-1024x507.png

Continue reading...
I was thinking LIV is going to get us over 8 million by July 🤣

Ryder cup is based on points right? Doubt that works out.
But they have quite a few captains picks. I don't know...

It’s Jessie J. They already announced that one and jokes were made.
Given the quality of the logos, I would have thought the concert would have been someone plugging in a iPod Shuffle purchased from Ebay. So Jessie J is a slight upgrade.

That actually would be interesting.

That actually would be interesting.
They would need to move to a plan that would mean the PGA Tour *employs* the golfers. I don't think anybody wants that.

Back