The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

There is no free lunch. Even if it appears the Saudi's "have unlimited money for sportswashing"

1660312036369.png

It is as if people cannot have a discussion anymore without it being political.

Unfortunately some will believe it’s raal. Twitter is their source for news.
It is amazing how real some of the fake stuff looks After i posted in this thread about the Judge saying “What do they care about dust collecting trophies of a bygone era ? I started second guessing it even though when i saw the posted opinion it looked legitimate. Lol it was. Still amazed that is in her opinion but not being on the receiving end of that i love it.

Last edited:
It is as if people cannot have a discussion anymore without it being political.

lmao, imagine discussing a half-arsed exhibition golf tour used as a money laundering front for trading national security secrets and trying to "KeEp PoLiTiCs OuT oF iT"

If there is is any truth to the link between all this, and Trump isn't just some benevolent host of two LIV events, then this is a political story that has a golf piece to it, not vice versa

Playing out exactly how I thought and how it should. Enjoy LIV, Get rich. Be happy. You're not welcome anymore.

lmao, imagine discussing a half-arsed exhibition golf tour used as a money laundering front for trading national security secrets and trying to "KeEp PoLiTiCs OuT oF iT"

If there is is any truth to the link between all this, and Trump isn't just some benevolent host of two LIV events, then this is a political story that has a golf piece to it, not vice versa
Its very simple.
ZERO politics on the THP Forum.
If you cannot abide by that simple rule, there are plenty of places that you can scream about Trump, Biden or anybody else you would like.

I like the pgatour format and they have a bunch of great players. I also like the drama on Sundays that it creates. So I watch.

I don't like team golf with shotgun starts, three rounds. Seems the only thing that they play for is money. I'm not interested in millionaires playing golf for more money. So I don't watch.

That being said, If I was offered $100M to play golf somewhere I'd definitely take it.
the last thing that would be on my mind is playing majors or the pgaour. That's just me.

Rarely does a golfer play well all the time so I've learned to watch golf for other reasons than the players on the Professional tours....I'm now invested in the minor tours and their quest for greatness.

I like the pgatour format and they have a bunch of great players. I also like the drama on Sundays that it creates. So I watch.

I don't like team golf with shotgun starts, three rounds. Seems the only thing that they play for is money. I'm not interested in millionaires playing golf for more money. So I don't watch.

That being said, If I was offered $100M to play golf somewhere I'd definitely take it.
the last thing that would be on my mind is playing majors or the pgaour. That's just me.

Rarely does a golfer play well all the time so I've learned to watch golf for other reasons than the players on the Professional tours....I'm now invested in the minor tours and their quest for greatness.
There was plenty of drama for Stenson on 18 in the last event when he played to the fat part of the green and needed a nice lag to seal the victory. The shotgun start didn’t really impact that and the 54-hole format definitely didn’t impact that.

Its very simple.
ZERO politics on the THP Forum.
If you cannot abide by that simple rule, there are plenty of places that you can scream about Trump, Biden or anybody else you would like.

Acknowledged

I'm not interested in millionaires playing golf for more money. So I don't watch.

Then by your own words, you have no interest in watching many PGA Tour players play golf. They are millionaires (many of them) of course.

You are not being consistent. If you are not interested in seeing millionaires playing golf for more money that the pgat is not for you because that is exactly what they are doing.

Then by your own words, you have no interest in watching many PGA Tour players play golf. They are millionaires (many of them) of course.
Instead of cherry picking, read the whole post. There's you'll fine context.

To make it more clear to you. I don't watch tournaments based on purse.

Instead of cherry picking, read the whole post. There's you'll fine context.

To make it more clear to you. I don't watch tournaments based on purse.

No cherry picking. You made a specific statement.

And I have no issue with your further explanation. However. your original post was logically inconsistent regardless of what you allege as to context.

You are not being consistent. If you are not interested in seeing millionaires playing golf for more money that the pgat is not for you because that is exactly what they are doing.
I watch golf for other reasons beside purse size. read the entire post before cherry picking.

I've never turned on a tournament and asked myself "I wonder what's the purse size"

No cherry picking. You made a specific statement.

And I have no issue with your further explanation. However. your original post was logically inconsistent regardless of what you allege as to context.
It simply means that the money part is not a priority for me, maybe an afterthought.
Quit playing "Got you" based on your own misinterpretations.

I also went on to say that I'd take the $100M. Both can be true. I'd take the money, but money is not why I watch Pro golf.

It simply means that the money part is not a priority for me, maybe an afterthought.
Quit playing "Got you" based on your own misinterpretations.

Again. your further explanation is fine. I understand and accept your point, But don't accuse me of misinterpreting anything. You made a specific statement. If you needed to add further context that's fine. But I did not misinterpret your initial statement as written.

And I have no idea what "got you" even means.

I'm not looking to argue this endlessly and other's eye rolls are unnecessary. We can have different opinions as to things and it serves no purpose to endlessly go around in circles.

Reactions: JB
1660315923427.gif

Good lord, enough.
The same ******** every ******* day.

Either have a conversation like adults or move along. Way too much great stuff going on to deal with nonsense.

Do we know what team Bubba is joining? I don't remember seeing anything about it.

Also I wonder if the Aussies going to take over one of team names or rebrand completely.

Back