The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

This particular subject is completely political. Do we just forget 9/11? Bend over as a profession just because the Saudis have oil? Disgusting.......I thought golf had scruples/principles.
So discuss it elsewhere because THP is political free and that isn’t changing.

I’ve made this comment a few a week ago. Could this be headed to almost an American vs worldwide tour??? A large % of the players are from outside the states and I feel like LIV could be much more popular worldwide especially if they set up the teams nationally (seems like they are going that route this year). The Aussie team coming in, Deki coming, Spanish team in place, American team already, etc.

I think it would be very smart for LIV and a way to distance themselves from the tour. Don’t even need to worry about the back and forth.
I think a lot of that ultimately depends on LIV’s qualifying and free agency model. They have a lot of Americans right now and I don’t expect that to change if they want the top talent. I also don’t see the PGA Tour as an American tour in terms of players and talent. With the new DP World Tour partnership we could potentially see significant new international talent every season. Definitely curious to see how US-centric the LIV schedule is next year.

Good job clubproguy isn't playing on the LIV Tour otherwise he would be number one on the list

Cam Smith WD from the BMW.

could that drop have been the last straw???

I do have a question though - and probably covered somewhere in here maybe but this thread moves quicker than a wildfire...

I noticed Sergio made a comment about rules officials during one of the last tournaments he played with the PGA tour as well...does LIV not use the same rulebook? especially in terms of drops and stuff?

So, Cam Smith IS going to LIV. Rumored that he is supposed to tee it up at Boston. So, what he said just last week was deflecting a lot. They must be bound by LIV to not talk publicly about their contracts until the specific release of information. I'm a little surprised since he just won the Open, is #2 in the world, and gets all the exemptions. However, he and LIV may have cut a deal well before he won the Open. Also, perhaps that big time LIV money won't be around if he waited.

So, Cam Smith IS going to LIV. Rumored that he is supposed to tee it up at Boston. So, what he said just last week was deflecting a lot. They must be bound by LIV to not talk publicly about their contracts until the specific release of information. I'm a little surprised since he just won the Open, is #2 in the world, and gets all the exemptions. However, he and LIV may have cut a deal well before he won the Open. Also, perhaps that big time LIV money won't be around if he waited.

Yea we have definitive proof in the court filings that other players signed with LIV before making “official” statements about their loyalty to the PGA Tour. Cam has handled himself very well in interviews deflecting the questions.

Yes. It was reported by many and discussed last week.

Well if he wasn't, he may be now.

What a biz series of events.
Cam rumored to go to LIV.
Cam gets 2 shot penalty which is allegedly a simple rule for something on the 4th hole but isn't told about it until the next day when he arrives at course. There was obviously no sense of urgency to tell him because it was the 3rd round and not final round. What would've happen if he won and they told him the next day of penalty?
Cam WD from BMW claiming hip issues which if I was a betting man lingers into the Tour Championship and he WD from that.
Cam plays in Boston for LIV.
To be continued.

Yes. It was reported by many and discussed last week.

It was a rumor last week, but the rumors were confirmed by him a couple of days ago.

Cam gets 2 shot penalty which is allegedly a simple rule for something on the 4th hole but isn't told about it until the next day when he arrives at course. There was obviously no sense of urgency to tell him because it was the 3rd round and not final round. What would've happen if he won and they told him the next day of penalty?
Cam WD from BMW claiming hip issues which if I was a betting man lingers into the Tour Championship and he WD from that.
To be continued.
You don’t think Cam is going to play for the $18M prize? It makes sense to sit the BMW or he’d be playing 4 weeks in a row.

To be continued.
I'm being sarcastic here, but good for Cam. He'll fit right in on the LIV .......like to party, don't like practicing, take the money and semi retire. The pgatour will survive and continue to make more stars. IMO

I'm being sarcastic here, but good for Cam. He'll fit right in on the LIV .......like to party, don't like practicing, take the money and semi retire. The pgatour will survive and continue to make more stars. IMO
Did the PGA Tour make Cam a star or did he create his own brand and personality and then go out and win two of the biggest events of the year? If anything the Tour has really underutilized his brand.

It was a rumor last week, but the rumors were confirmed by him a couple of days ago.

He hasn't confirmed anything himself. Just said anything that happens after fed ex will come from him. But its pretty obvious from all the reports last week and his "deflecting," going all the way back to The Open.

Back