The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

It's funny listening to Patrick Reed complain about a busy schedule...the dude has been able to set his schedule on tour for the last 9 years.

Also moved to LIV to play less and "be with family" but is playing the next 5 weeks in a row..

Also moved to LIV to play less and "be with family" but is playing the next 5 weeks in a row..
Are you not just parroting this hit piece published yesterday, as if its your own sentiment? I honestly don't understand why so many people are here to talk **** about LIV. Do you not have anything better to do?

Just stop!

Why do people continue to act like ******* children.
Either they are hung like a thimble or have way too much spare time.

Want to talk about this league, great. Want to white knuckle nonsense? Go away. Too much awesome going on on this place with the amount of equipment, trips, etc we are handing out every week.

Bigger gaps in schedule for sure, but as posted earlier in the thread, he has always played a lot.
I also think that while the future holds that (14 events vs 20+) with no points, some of these guys are going to try to earn them in other ways.

I said what I said on WGP yesterday and mean it. I think a shoe is about to drop.

Bigger gaps in schedule for sure, but as posted earlier in the thread, he has always played a lot.
I also think that while the future holds that (14 events vs 20+) with no points, some of these guys are going to try to earn them in other ways.

I said what I said on WGP yesterday and mean it. I think a shoe is about to drop.

Super curious about this as well.. Once Augusta takes a stance, the proverbial :poop: hits the wall..

Super curious about this as well.. Once Augusta takes a stance, the proverbial :poop: hits the wall..
Assuming they do and I am right :ROFLMAO:
I mean unless they were there for the THP Experience, which also makes sense.

Either way, the let them in or ban them. It will be big time sports news..

Either way, the let them in or ban them. It will be big time sports news..
Agreed.
Im in the camp of they should be removed from the Masters and PGA and since the others are open, they should be free to qualify. I think I am anyway.

Agreed.
Im in the camp of they should be removed from the Masters and PGA and since the others are open, they should be free to qualify. I think I am anyway.

That's kind of where I am at the moment. Would love for The Masters to swing the big stick....they have the power.

That's kind of where I am at the moment. Would love for The Masters to swing the big stick....they have the power.
My response to Vosh on Twitter yesterday. Don't mind that typo. :ROFLMAO:

Agreed.
Think this should be it as well. If it's an open get out to a qualifier.

My response to Vosh on Twitter yesterday. Don't mind that typo. :ROFLMAO:

2022 and we still can't edit tweets.

Meanwhile Norman...

Agreed.
Even for previous winners of the Masters? That’s where it gets a bit iffy for me and honestly I’m not sure how I feel about it.

Even for previous winners of the Masters? That’s where it gets a bit iffy for me and honestly I’m not sure how I feel about it.
Its a bit of a grey area for me there, but my thought is that if you want it to work, you have to do it like a bandaid.

Its a bit of a grey area for me there, but my thought is that if you want it to work, you have to do it like a bandaid.

I get that, I truly do. It feels like whatever happens here a bit of the mystique of the history, legacy, traditions of the Masters will be dimmed. I don't envy the decision that has to be made here, and making a clean rip may be the best for the event

I get that, I truly do. It feels like whatever happens here a bit of the mystique of the history, legacy, traditions of the Masters will be dimmed. I don't envy the decision that has to be made here, and making a clean rip may be the best for the event
I think it will too, although when it comes to those things, that was kind of a forgotten element in a lot of these decisions (right or wrong).
If someone committed a heinous act and was a Masters winner, we wouldn't clammer for them getting a spot. I am certainly not comparing this item to that, but I think that is how it is viewed by some. I think the Masters will align themselves with the PGA Tour and with that will come the position of invitational.

Couldn't care less if any player from the rival tour plays in the Masters but the distraction is kind of annoying though.

Couldn't care less if any player from the rival tour plays in the Masters but the distraction is kind of annoying though.
This whole LIV ploy has been a distraction and disruptive force in the game of golf. Not a fan of the mindless BS that goes on on both sides. The more they b*tch about each other the more it impacts the game in my opinion.

How weird would that be, some random screen name wins a spot in an event and sends a PM like "My name is Red Fridley."

Maybe the courts delaying this case for 2 years was not a good idea as it will just prolong the agony of this childish back and forth. The OWGR taking 2 years to decide also may not be a great idea either as LIV is not going away in 2 years. I just wish they would all make a decision and we can at least start to move on.

The Masters are going to really open themselves up to their own past race discriminatory practices if they ban players, I'm sure GN will make sure of that, they might want to tread lightly. Gotta wonder how many Masters members are knee-deep in Saudi money. I'm not comparing Masters to Saudi but their history is going to be used against them if they decide to get self-righteous and stand on some moral high ground by banning exempt players.

Maybe the courts delaying this case for 2 years was not a good idea as it will just prolong the agony of this childish back and forth. The OWGR taking 2 years to decide also may not be a great idea either as LIV is not going away in 2 years. I just wish they would all make a decision and we can at least start to move on.

The Masters are going to really open themselves up to their own past race discriminatory practices if they ban players, I'm sure GN will make sure of that, they might want to tread lightly. Gotta wonder how many Masters members are knee-deep in Saudi money. I'm not comparing Masters to Saudi but their history is going to be used against them if they decide to get self-righteous and stand on some moral high ground by banning exempt players.
This is quite true. It's going to be a bumpy ride if they choose to ban players. At the end of the day, the Master's can preach all they want about tradition, but they have adapted to changing environments over the years - this should be no different.

At the end of the day, the Masters is about money - to anyone who believes otherwise, I have some ocean front property in Kansas...

This is quite true. It's going to be a bumpy ride if they choose to ban players. At the end of the day, the Master's can preach all they want about tradition, but they have adapted to changing environments over the years - this should be no different.

At the end of the day, the Masters is about money - to anyone who believes otherwise, I have some ocean front property in Kansas...
Adapted and tradition are not mutually exclusive. One can adapt and still honor the tradition of the game.
Players leaving a tour did so with the understanding that they most likely would not be qualifying for the majors based on points in the immediate future.

Back