The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

While I don’t agree with everything Rory says and have been quite critical in spots, I would choose Norman shutting up over anybody.
This! So much this!

I believe specific examples were mentioned in the initial lawsuit brought by LIV just prior to the FedEx Cup start, and the PGA pressuring others, including the Majors, was discussed in an article on ESPN by senior writer Mark Schlabach.
Well, that would be collusion. I haven't read any legal action for collusion other than your post.

Well, that would be collusion. I haven't read any legal action for collusion other than your post.
I think somewhere in this thread is the actual legal filing that outlines a lot of these accusations.

This never doesn't make me laugh
View attachment 9124137

If you have had any epic failures in golf at a respectable level, much less one of that magnitude, you probably aren’t laughing.

Seems foolish to mock or laugh at any athlete who failed while trying to achieve something that most have no shot at. I would rather have the ability and fail, than to simply not have that ability at all.

While I don’t agree with everything Rory says and have been quite critical in spots, I would choose Norman shutting up over anybody.

The PGA definitely has turned Norman into the villain over the last several decades that date back to when Norman wanted to start a world golf tour and then Fichem/PGA used their power and influence to block it from happening, then stole the idea to create the WGCs. Not what I would call ethical or respectable. Monahan tried to do the exact same with LIV as Finchem to block Norman's world tour, but this time it was not successful. To me, Finchem and Monahan are much more dishonest than Norman.

Last edited:
If you have had any epic failures in golf at a respectable level, much less one of that magnitude, you probably aren’t laughing.

Seems foolish to mock or laugh at any athlete who failed while trying to achieve something that most have no shot at. I would rather have the ability and fail, than to simply not have that ability at all.
I'm not laughing at the athlete, I'm laughing at the person. There are many athletes who are garbage human beings. Physical skill didn't equate to being a good person.

Sincerely,
Half the NFL

The PGA definitely has turned Norman into the villain over the last several decades that date back to when Norman wanted to start a world golf tour and then Fichem/PGA used their power and influence to block it from happening, then stole the idea to create the WGCs. Not what I would call ethical or respectable. Monahan tried to do the exact same with LIV as Finchem to block Norman's world tour, but this time it was not successful. To me, Finchem and Monahan are much more dishonest than Norman.
Norman turned Norman. The PGA just made the world know about it faster.

First the BMW PGA is shortened to 54 holes, now Alfred Dunhill is using a shotgun start.

I love it.

I don't have a side, I'll watch whatever golf you put on, but I love it.
Wait, what? Where are all of the haters of "shotgun" starts. The bane of professional golf. Will they still get their pittance of OWGR points?

Funny how this just passed through...

1664549534457.png

Norman turned Norman. The PGA just made the world know about it faster.
Actually, it was LIV that made me realize what a bunch of entitled crybabies some of the PGA are and how much of a douche Monahan is. I think you fail to realize we are not all sheep and interpret things differently.

Norman is a narcissistic ass and has had a bone to pick with the PGA since the late 80’s. Simply put, he’s a foreign competitor that believes he should be able write the rules. Jerk then, jerk now. I reckon most of his fan base weren’t even born when he declared himself god of golf.

I don't know what to make of Norman. A friend of mine growing up had a boat business in Florida and one of his customers was Norman. Said he was a really nice guy.

I don't know what to make of Norman. A friend of mine growing up had a boat business in Florida and one of his customers was Norman. Said he was a really nice guy.
I've yet to meet a bad Australian, I just love guys like Smith and Scott and their laid back demeanor.

With the impact of Hurricane Ian in Fla , Florida has The Florida Disaster Fund and Volunteer Florida so bushiness and individuals can donate to the victims of this disaster. https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...er-fund-supports-communities-impacted-by-ian/

It's noted that the PGA Tour ($25,000),has made a donation, so it makes you wonder if LIV Golf will donate.
LIV just might donate 25 mil……just because it’s chump change to the principals (sarcasm off)

Actually, it was LIV that made me realize what a bunch of entitled crybabies some of the PGA are and how much of a douche Monahan is. I think you fail to realize we are not all sheep and interpret things differently.
Why not both?

With the impact of Hurricane Ian in Fla , Florida has The Florida Disaster Fund and Volunteer Florida so bushiness and individuals can donate to the victims of this disaster. https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...er-fund-supports-communities-impacted-by-ian/

It's noted that the PGA Tour ($25,000),has made a donation, so it makes you wonder if LIV Golf will donate.
I'm not going to do the googling for you but LIV donations are in the 3 figure millions. They have a whole separate charity department called "LIV To Give"
Of course telling you this is a waste of time because you"ll just claim their just trying to clean their image with money.
But great we can now pivot the pissing match to comparing donations.
Oh, it must be nice to make donations while on the government
t*t.

I'm not going to do the googling for you but LIV donations are in the 3 figure millions. They have a whole separate charity department called "LIV To Give"
Of course telling you this is a waste of time because you"ll just claim their just trying to clean their image with money.
t*t.
Really!

Aussie's reading mean tweets Punch GC (figjam) lol

Absolutely! To do otherwise is, basically, tabloid journalism.

True, but I look at it in the opposite direction. I read an article when this whole hubbub got started, and a LIV Tour defector said that they were finally being paid, "what they are worth"! A PGA Tour member asked how much could they really be worth? They don't cure diseases, they don't save lives, they don't do research in curing diseases, they don't save lives. How much could they really be worth? They are entertainers, and entertainers are paid much more than what they are really worth to society!

It should be much more than that since the PGA Tour has a lot of activity in Florida! It should be 100 times that.

t*t.

I just think it's nice to see a foreign body help he U.S. out in a time of need rather than it always being the other way around!

I just think it's nice to see a foreign body help he U.S. out in a time of need rather than it always being the other way around!

lol you missed or I phrased that in the wrong spot, I was talking about the PGA on the government t*t. But yeah, the other tour is the government t*t. 😂

Comes down to is a friend or foe. PGA has the power to make Norman and all the LIV players look like the villains with all the media and large backing of other entities and companies. The loudest voices, most influence, and biggest numbers win those slanderous battles. Under different circumstances when they are not constantly fighting adversaries, I'm sure they are all pretty nice guys.

Back