The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Golf is the player against the course, just come up with a better way to measure player performance.

All golf tournaments are exhibitions.

Its like a broken record of proving points. “I dont like it so therefore it is”.
The original Sony Ranking was designed to create a ranking due to the influx of amazing players across the globe. This whole entire notion of “do it this way or else” and then one of the tours governing bodies changes things and then its “do it this way or else” is comical at best.

Even the PGA Tour’s biggest supporter says its flawed at best when DJ will be ranked 100th. I understand there are people with blinders on, but when Rory is saying it as well, its time to realize that the OWGR at best is antiquated and needs adapting or ANGC needs to just remove the notion of them playing so that the discussion can end.
Are you suggesting Augusta National removes already awarded lifetime invitations to past winners.

I believe I read today that 12 of their guys are inside the top 50 of OWGR. That’s like 22% of their field. The PGA tour has about 29% (38/125). Every other tour has something close to 0%, yet they get OWGR rankings.
What do you mean that the pgatour has 38 of the top 125? By my count they have that many in the top 50.
I do believe the pgatour has 20 of the top 21 alone.

LIV Golf is a closed shop that plays the same guys over and over. Only about six are competitive, another twelve that couldn't win on the pgatour and the rest are either has beens or never been Journeymen.

They should follow the rules or start their own rankings for exhibition golf. IMO

You mean after LIV started demonstrating its potential ongoing viability. And who’s on the board that makes this decision? Ah, that’s right, Monohan. Yeah, this is ALL about the competitiveness of the fields…

Another anything the PGAT/OWGR/anyone against LIV can't be doing anything good post. The OWGR changes were revealed before anyone knew LIV would be a thing and well before LIV started (in mid 2021). They rolled the changes out this August after the scheduled 1 year notice period.

Also this new system is better for better for LIV than the old, since the points are awarded based on player/field strength, and not just some arbitrary number....

When they went to play exhibitions, they took themselves out of the system period. The system is not flawed.....it works for those within the system. LIV Golf is welcome to start their own system with their own rules. After all they're the future of golf according to Cam Smith, right!?!. IMO
They don't have to start a new system, they can simply comply with the system that all the other 15 or so golf tours is accommodating...what's so hard about that? Save for Greg Norman wanting everyone to bow down to him?

What do you mean that the pgatour has 38 of the top 125? By my count they have that many in the top 50.
I do believe the pgatour has 20 of the top 21 alone.

LIV Golf is a closed shop that plays the same guys over and over. Only about six are competitive, another twelve that couldn't win on the pgatour and the rest are either has beens or never been Journeymen.

They should follow the rules or start their own rankings for exhibition golf. IMO
I mean the ratio of top 50 players to their full field. It’s a measure of how competitive the events are.

Nah, the bottom half of the pgatour is much more competitive than the bottom half of LIV.

I would also think that it would be easier to beat 48 players vs 156 players. IMO
Hard disagree. You’re letting your disdain blind you again.

Hard disagree. You’re letting your disdain blind you again.
I soft disagree. I do think the bottom half of LIV is weaker but don't think it's easier to beat the 48 players vs 156. The top of their field is very strong every single week.

I still don’t see how “who’s” playing matters as compared to the “what’s and where’s” that are being played. The course always wins, some folks just get more birdies.

1665059186945.jpeg

MENA tour prize purses lol

View attachment 9125382

MENA tour prize purses lol
I do wonder where Mexico, Australia, and unannounced USA events end up being. I don't know if those venues have been announced yet. It does look like they've scheduled around the Players and Masters though.

I believe I read today that 12 of their guys are inside the top 50 of OWGR. That’s like 22% of their field. The PGA tour has about 29% (38/125). Every other tour has something close to 0%, yet they get OWGR rankings.

Every one of those guys battled to get on the PGA tour, they earned the right to earn points if they play well, LIV has some players who have as well of course, but not all of them.

I’m a broken record on this, but I still think LIV will eventually receive OWGR points. They may need to modify some of the event setup but still am confident it will happen. It will take time though, and don’t think there’s a way to short-change the process.
They haven’t even started a season yet.

One of my favorite things, and by favorite I mean it makes me laugh, is the commitment to downplay talent level because of a dislike of LIV.

There is also a lot of beautiful golf forum here on THP, all kinds of amazing things to talk about, but some only know the walls of this thread, it’s of course ones peroration tj forum the way they want, but I really find it pretty funny.

One of my favorite things, and by favorite I mean it makes me laugh, is the commitment to downplay talent level because of a dislike of LIV.

There is also a lot of beautiful golf forum here on THP, all kinds of amazing things to talk about, but some only know the walls of this thread, it’s of course ones peroration tj forum the way they want, but I really find it pretty funny.

It’s the biggest thing to happen in golf since “Hello world”, so there is that….

Every one of those guys battled to get on the PGA tour, they earned the right to earn points if they play well, LIV has some players who have as well of course, but not all of them.
We get it - We've gotten it since your first post here. Yet you keep coming up with these comments to show your utter disdain for the best golfers in the world if they're not kissing the ring of lord monahan.

But to say everyone in a PGA tour event has battled, and earned their right to be there is just silly. To suggest that just anyone can play on LIV is beyond ignorant. If that were the case, I guarantee you quite a few of us would be knocking on that door.

It’s the biggest thing to happen in golf since “Hello world”, so there is that….
Is it? Eh.

Seems most have worked really hard in here to downplay it, it’s just an exhibition after all. 🙄

I tried to find some info on where to watch tomorrows event but couldn't see anything. I would assume that Fox deal isn't complete yet and it's still on YouTube? That time difference is going to be tough.

Back