The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Personality is a talking point for LIVers. Most claim that they have five of the top PIP winners from the pgatour.
Claim?
I mean by that thought, the PGA Tour claimed that

I saw a question tweeted today, I am going to steal paraphrase it here, why weren't all of the OWGR questions worked out before the first LIV Tour event in London?

I saw a question tweeted today, I am going to steal paraphrase it here, why weren't all of the OWGR questions worked out before the first LIV Tour event in London?
Probably because the OWGR's board doesn't think of themselves as a body who's job is to rank pro golfers all over the world as much as they think of themselves as protectors of the PGA Tour and status quo?

First to market was more important. PGL seems to be dead in the water.

The data suggests otherwise. The bottom part of LIV is more in line with the bottom part of good KFT fields or a few of the lower tier PGAT tournaments like this wraparound season.

The top part of LIV is in line with some of the very best PGAT events however.
Show me the data. I’m a golf equipment reviewer, I love data.

Probably because the OWGR's board doesn't think of themselves as a body who's job is to rank pro golfers all over the world as much as they think of themselves as protectors of the PGA Tour and status quo?
Ok, sure.

Doesn't answer my question.

The data suggests otherwise. The bottom part of LIV is more in line with the bottom part of good KFT fields or a few of the lower tier PGAT tournaments like this wraparound season.

The top part of LIV is in line with some of the very best PGAT events however.
If you like repetition. Gets old after a while. IMO

I love this thread...the entertainment value is almost as good as my town facebook page...ALMOST

If you like repetition. Gets old after a while. IMO
Ugh, I know, right? I hate having to repeatedly watch the best golfers on a particular tour. I wish they would take some events off so I can watch Joe Schlabotnik battle it out with Golfy McGolferface for four days.

Ugh, I know, right? I hate having to repeatedly watch the best golfers on a particular tour. I wish they would take some events off so I can watch Joe Schlabotnik battle it out with Golfy McGolferface for four days.
I spit my coffee reading "Golfy McGolferface."

I do like the idea that all of LIV will be golfing together. But you can watch the best golfers on the PGA Tour more often than you can watch the best on LIV.

That would have taken more time than Greg Norman would like...he wants Liv Golf NOW !! Perhaps that's why? You'd think he'd have shored up all loose ends before getting commitments from everyone, but I doubt he cares how he screwed them up, imo. Just as long as he got this off the ground.

Man, I wish some in here got as into all the Experiences we have here as you do LIV 🤣🤣🤣

I don’t think you are reading the question correctly. He’s asking why LIV didn’t work out world ranking issues before first tourney, not why didn’t OGWR have a plan in place once LIV went live

I don’t think you are reading the question correctly. He’s asking why LIV didn’t work out world ranking issues before first tourney, not why didn’t OGWR have a plan in place once LIV went live
I read it, comprehended it, and observed that it's (allegedly) the OWGR's purpose to rank pro golfers by talent. You'd think they would have a way to do that. Well, in their defense, they do, but it isn't intended to rank all the pros in the world, it's intended to protect the PGA and feeder monopoly. It's OWGR's whole purpose to have a plan in place.

Man, I wish some in here got as into all the Experiences we have here as you do LIV 🤣🤣🤣
That would make it more challenging to mash the ignore button though.

Back