The Liv Golf Rumor and News Thread

Well there is a big upcoming star.
Hate to see this. Was greedy and wanted him to stay that last year at OSU. I can however understand life altering money.

Hate to see this. Was greedy and wanted him to stay that last year at OSU. I can however understand life altering money.
Wonder how many others will follow suit.

Guys like Chacara fit into a group that pga tour can’t rule over. He would have finished year highly ranked enough to have gotten KFT status. By saying he was staying for that extra year took him off that list. At least that’s how I think it worked. Curious as to how PGA tour will try and sanction these type players later. Pretty high caliber talent being lost by the tour in these top ams

Curious as to how PGA tour will try and sanction these type players later. Pretty high caliber talent being lost by the tour in these top ams
How could the PGA even justify sanctioning a non PGA player? I don’t see how that would hold up in court or the public.

“You played in a competing league so your banned from ever playing here.” That would be a huge overstep and can’t see that being the case.

Plus, what benefit would the PGA receive by not allowing a young player from moving over to the PGA later if he wanted and qualified?

With all these scenarios popping up and the PGAT playing whack-a-mole trying to address them, I can’t help but think that if the PGAT put this much effort into improving golf before LIV there likely wouldn’t be a LIV.

With all these scenarios popping up and the PGAT playing whack-a-mole trying to address them, I can’t help but think that if the PGAT put this much effort into improving golf before LIV there likely wouldn’t be a LIV.
I think I asked this before. If these changes Monahan announced regarding the increased purses and additional events were "in the works" and just accelerated due to LIV, did the Tour communicate that to the PAC and/or membership when these changes were being considered? If not, would better communication have changed the minds of some who made the leap?

I imagine the top amateurs coming out and dont quite have the financial backing take this route. Look at the kid Piott from MSU. I have not seen the official $$, but it was reported he got $6million for two years.

So just out of college, you have your entire career ahead of you and you have two choices,

1. Grind it out on mini tours, Korn Ferry and Monday Qualifiers to get your tour status (with minimal financial backing and the stress of knowing every shot matters)

or

2. Get a guaranteed contract, play golf stress free, set yourself up financially, get used to "Tour Life" and when it's done, go get your tour card with minimal stress.

I know the choice I would make.

I think I asked this before. If these changes Monahan announced regarding the increased purses and additional events were "in the works" and just accelerated due to LIV, did the Tour communicate that to the PAC and/or membership when these changes were being considered? If not, would better communication have changed the minds of some who made the leap?
I think the latest decisions by the PGAT are purely reactionary and accelerated. They may have "been in the works", but there was nothing forcing them to act on any of it. Give the players some tour speak every other tour stop and keep pocketing the $$

If they were transparent and were this close to announcing what they announced, I would imagine a few of the guys who left would not have.

Purely speculative, but two big names of true. Funny bc Wolfe is at the Travelers this week

Last edited:
I imagine the top amateurs coming out and dont quite have the financial backing take this route. Look at the kid Piott from MSU. I have not seen the official $$, but it was reported he got $6million for two years.

So just out of college, you have your entire career ahead of you and you have two choices,

1. Grind it out on mini tours, Korn Ferry and Monday Qualifiers to get your tour status (with minimal financial backing and the stress of knowing every shot matters)

or

2. Get a guaranteed contract, play golf stress free, set yourself up financially, get used to "Tour Life" and when it's done, go get your tour card with minimal stress.

Absolutely agree. Why not head to LIV get financially secure then attempt to head over to the PGAT.

Purely speculative, but row big names of true. Funny bc Wolfe is at the Travelers this week

One last paycheck for Wolff albeit small.

or

I agree with you on almost everything you said here except for one thing.
Assuming that young player is playing well on the LIV why would he want to leave a Tour with smaller fields, guaranteed paychecks, bigger purse money and a lighter schedule why would he want to leave it for the PGA Tour?
Especially if what we’re watching unfold continues… The Tour seems to be keeping its small circle of elite players like Rory, JT and Spieth who are already mega rich, but there’s been a slow and steady acquisition of talent by the LIV Tour.
We can sit back and debate the caliber player they’re signing, but we can’t argue the Tour hasn’t been weakened by losing those players. With every player who leaves, the Tour loses a bit more luster, and once players feel that way, all is lost for the PGAT as far as being known as “the place to play”.
It seems to me the PGA Tour is fighting a battle they can’t win. Yes, they will survive, but they’ll never again be perceived the way they were just a few months ago.

Last edited:
I think the latest decisions by the PGAT are purely reactionary and accelerated. They may have "been in the works", but there was nothing forcing them to act on any of it. Give the players some tour speak every other tour stop and keep pocketing the $$

If they were transparent and were this close to announcing what they announced, I would imagine a few of the guys who left would not have.

These changes might have been in the works after Phils comments. But I would bet, no changes were in place since the PGAT likes that control factor. The LIV removed that control factor into a 'got to do it' reaction and they did. IT all started on 2/17/2022 at the Tour Players Council meeting with items discussed were the adjustment to fall schedules and multiple team concepts and the council also discussed "how the tour’s revenue will be adjusted and how it will be split in the future." And what happened, Monahan ran with it.

Interesting email I received from LIV. Financially rewarded for feedback. I wonder to what extent? I clicked to find out more but they didn't need anymore people to do it. I'd worry if it was a data collection or tracking your phone type fo thing.

Screenshot_20220626-090958_Gmail.jpg

:unsure:
Interesting email I received from LIV. Financially rewarded for feedback. I wonder to what extent? I clicked to find out more but they didn't need anymore people to do it. I'd worry if it was a data collection or tracking your phone type fo thing.

View attachment 9099774

I'm subscribed to their emails but didn't get that.:unsure:

I get that….but what happens if they have 64 spots, 74 players & they all want to play.
Maybe that's where the team concept and captains come into play? The captains get to draft who they want, and the ones not drafted are on the bench?

I dunno...it's still early and I'm sure they're still working a lot of wrinkles out, I expect to see a lot of change as they tailor their tour to make it work.

:unsure:

I'm subscribed to their emails but didn't get that.:unsure:
Did you buy tickets to the event? I would assume they sent it only to those who purchased event tickets for Portland.

View attachment 9099774
LIV just wants to give everyone money.

Did you buy tickets to the event? I would assume they sent it only to those who purchased event tickets for Portland.

That would explain it if you bought tickets for Portland. Otherwise, I would think it may be spam.

Back