Can someone give a few options of these blades to check out? I'm intrigued to say the least. I'm also one who has gone to wider blades to get more faced balanced.
surprisingly hard to find, actually.

Do a search for "long neck putter" on ebay. You'll see quite a few older Scotty Tei3 models, some nike, and a lot of custom stuff.

Standing over the perfect putter for you unlocks all sorts of confidence. I’ve been vocal on THP about my new putter this year that has been revolutionary for me and I don’t think it’s that you (or me, for that matter) had a poor stroke. But standing over a putter that looks and feels good can go a LONG way ;) (see what I did there)

Yeah, the ones I've seen have really been custom. That could be an expensive experiment but is another beautiful putter ever really a bad thing?

Not a long neck...but I sure love putting with this face balanced blade.

Attachments

• 7304BCB2-CC83-4C10-AD16-CC2901873C5E.JPG
    7304BCB2-CC83-4C10-AD16-CC2901873C5E.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 17
Seriously intrigued by this development. I need an in-depth putter fitting and need to try a LN blade. Hehe

Is there a consistent standard for what makes it a long neck ie 4” or 3”?

It varies. It’s all about the length that for that particular head shape makes it face balanced. All about what it does to the hang, or elimination thereof.

Some custom makers have made some wicked long ones before.

I've become a bit fascinated by the variety of long neck concepts out there. Some slant slightly forward, some are stupid long, some are twisty, etc etc.

You get a seriously mixed bag when you do a google search.

I've become a bit fascinated by the variety of long neck concepts out there. Some slant slightly forward, some are stupid long, some are twisty, etc etc.

You get a seriously mixed bag when you do a google search.

it’s still early in your long neck journey, what is the betti setup as?

Here are a couple comparison pics between a fairly traditional length and my long neck. Putting them side by side surprised me a bit, but more surprising is how hard it is for me to see the depth difference at address. Just looks visually closer to center head.

4A4055F9-1B7A-4F35-86A2-84405606CCDE.jpeg
2FB81820-EAE1-4BBE-8EB2-BD236E26FE2A.jpeg
C015D603-3F81-4F74-880C-799A57D9ED24.jpeg

it’s still early in your long neck journey, what is the betti setup as?
Just added some pics for reference, but it is ALMOST dead nuts face balanced. Maybe like 1/16 toe hang haha

I guess you won’t be needing the Super Rat anymore... (my friend).

I guess you won’t be needing the Super Rat anymore... (my friend).
If the long neck thing is validated, I'm going to have that thing carved up and a long neck added.

Won't even think twice about it. Freaking LOVE that putter.

Almost looks like a mistake when it was being made or it's for a really tall dude. :LOL: Seriously though, I would love to try one. I did the ebay thing and as you said, it results in nothing worthwhile.

I played all of my HS golf with a longneck Zing 5, ‘91-‘95. It was too long for me and I struggled with lie angle. As a result it turned me off to putting for a (long) time... and single-handedly ruined me on anything Zing/Laguna-esque or longneck ?

Funny thing was I wanted an Anser at the time and the Zing was on sale. Bad decision making but at the age (14 or 15) I didn't know any better.

Note the custom top line alignment notch that I filed into it 25+ years ago ?

56146163-B855-479F-960D-EDFAE6B95552.jpeg

FE9A391A-AE20-4E5D-913C-A20E3DD41DE3.jpeg

Last edited:
I love me a long neck putter. My byron is a long pipe.

Like you, I typically feel more confident with a blade type putter. I don't have a strong arc, so as close to face balanced I like.

I love me a long neck putter. My byron is a long pipe.

Like you, I typically feel more confident with a blade type putter. I don't have a strong arc, so as close to face balanced I like.

one of my regular playing partners would absolutely FREAK if he saw that haha

one of my regular playing partners would absolutely FREAK if he saw that haha

haha it's my baby.

I wanted to make it a twisty but when byron called me he laughed at the request and told me he couldnt twist the long pipe.... I was like cmon, Ive seen it done haha

1571928768323.png
1571928817780.png
I've been gamning a long neck since 1998 and switched to a Toulon Columbus a while ago but I'm back to the long neck. While the Toulon was good, I am more accurate with the long neck (alignment) and the feel. Also the weight is perfect for my putting style. This putter also has a forward slant to it which I like. It eliminates me to having press the putter at all which helps with the alignment and stroke.

Last edited:
I used to have a Ping Anser 5 that had the long neck. I really liked that putter. Unfortunately for me I misplaced it during a round and was unable to locate it and it was not turned into the shop.

I've played a long neck for about a dozen rounds of golf and several hours of practice green time. My performance with a long plumbers neck Anser style is similar to a standard length plumbers neck Anser style. I prefer the look at address of the standard length.
From about 1975 to 1990 Karsten Solheim offered at least six different Ping putters which had plumbers necks ranging from long to extra, extra long.These were odd looking putters that never had much commercial success but I think Solheim was intrigued by the possibilities of what extra long necks, extra wide off sets, different neck placement orientations etc... do to a putter's balance characteristics.

View attachment 8912089
View attachment 8912090
I've been gamning a long neck since 1998 and switched to a Toulon Columbus a while ago but I'm back to the long neck. While the Toulon was good, I am more accurate with the long neck (alignment) and the feel. Also the weight is perfect for my putting style. This putter also has a forward slant to it which I like. It eliminates me to having press the putter at all which helps with the alignment and stroke.
Is the putter you included a pic of the same one you've been rolling for 20+ years?

Yep the same one. Can't seem to let loose of it. I'm an insert type of guy also!

Back