The Look of a “Player?”

golfunfiltered

Johnny Unhappy Pro
Reaction score
Handicap
You walk onto the range or past a row of golf bags by the first tee. One of the bags sticks out as being a true “players” bag.

What does it look like? What clubs are in it?

I always look like a player, its not until I hit a golf ball people will go....OH :ROFLMAO:

Used to be MB's, probably a blade putter and maybe a Callaway or Titleist Driver/fwy. However I don't think you can tell a player by whats in his bag anymore. I know and play with plenty of people that score better than I do consistently using GI irons.

I always look like a player, its not until I hit a golf ball people will go....OH :ROFLMAO:

Used to be MB's, probably a blade putter and maybe a Callaway or Titleist Driver/fwy. However I don't think you can tell a player by whats in his bag anymore. I know and play with plenty of people that score better than I do consistently using GI irons.
Bro You are a PLAYER! I've seen it up close and all. :)

At first I thought you meant this. :)
download (4).jpg

First of all....what exactly is a "Player"?
And why would they be any different?
And with due respect.......who really cares?

First of all....what exactly is a "Player"?
And why would they be any different?
And with due respect.......who really cares?
You since you responded? 😂😂😂

My powers of observation are lacking. I rarely play with “players” and don’t know that I would be able to pick one out until getting out on the course.

Honestly, swings stick out to me.

If I had to look at equipment only I think very few things stick out to me. Probably the biggest one for me is fresh grips on older clubs.

I think it’s the swing and sound of the strike that does it for me. I’ve seen some beautiful bags with interesting swings, and great ball striking with GI clubs and a worn bag...

Either way, so long as they’re each enjoying being out, that’s what I care about.

1. Blades (or any forged club really)
2. Staff Bag
3. Alignment sticks

Shoes. If the dude is wearing regular ole tennis shoes he’s most likely not a regular golfer. I don’t mean the new style golf looking shoes. I’m sure there are exceptions but that’s a pretty good sign.
Clubs? Not really. I’ve had my butt whooped by older gentleman playing with clubs older than me. One in particular who carried more woods than I’d ever seen. Pretty sure he had an 11 wood in there. I’m not kidding. Shot the most boring 72 I’ve ever seen. Down the middle. Middle of the green. 2 putt. He did it 18 times. It was nuts. Never even checked his yardage. I shot a solid 82 (for me) and he made me feel like crap about it.

Any iron in the bag with a wear spot the size of a dime be it newer or older clubs, I am not gambling with that guy.

Blades and alignment sticks. I have noticed most of the better players I see on the range have alignment sticks and always make use of them.

The bag and attire won’t matter. The sound off their irons on the other hand, all you need.
Exactly this. Can't judge a book by it's cover. Been fooled both ways making assumptions per gear and attire but crisp ball striking don't lie.

The bag and attire won’t matter. The sound off their irons on the other hand, all you need.
Agreed. There are a few things that stand out and that iron sizzle is one

It's being carried by someone willing to get paid based only on how well he plays.

edit : @xThor beat me to it (y)

play by the rules, Michael.

The rules were stated by Adam, I do believe there is plenty of grey area in what is and what isn't allowed. They probably know how to tie their shoes though.

The rules were stated by Adam, I do believe there is plenty of grey area in what is and what isn't allowed. They probably know how to tie their shoes though.
I'm worried about you.

You walk onto the range or past a row of golf bags by the first tee. One of the bags sticks out as being a true “players” bag.

What does it look like? What clubs are in it?

Where does it talk about the golf swing lmao!?

I ascribe to a simple three step process, as I am merely an internet golfer.

1: look good
2: feel good
3: play good

I would believe that an actual player, probably goes in the reverse. :LOL:

I notice swings, and ball flights first. That usually IDs a player to me.

If I do notice the bag, it's usually nothing fancy, with 3 metal woods, 10 irons and a putter. All first quality OEM stuff. If there's a name, and the letters PGA on the bag, that helps.

Back