The Masters 2021 Contest and Thread Sponsored by Bridgestone Golf

Because Nippon is Japanese but he probably grew up playing true temper.

Yeah. true temper is a world wide brand.

i would really love to see Matsuyama win.

Wasn't able to watch hardly any of the Masters today. Between home construction shopping and afternoon tee time I caught about 30 minutes this morning rounds early. Seems like Matsuyama went bonkers on the back 9.

I don’t about everyone. But I have thoroughly enjoyed this masters so far.

Should be a fun day tomorrow! Anyone at the -5 mark has a chance depending on how Hideki starts!
Haven't gone back and read the thread, but I am going to assume that's because of his nightmare putting in the past?

Haven't gone back and read the thread, but I am going to assume that's because of his nightmare putting in the past?

mid hideki strikes the ball anything like he did after the delay today. Everyone else should just pack their bags..

mid hideki strikes the ball anything like he did after the delay today. Everyone else should just pack their bags..
That run in was crazy. Hard to compete with a guy that is flushing the ball.

Hideki was just lights out after the delay. Said he went and hung out in his car and played some games on his phone... whatever he did, it worked and if he keeps that play up tomorrow, this thing is wrapped up.

But if he falters, there are a few players who are right there and also playing well. And if that happens, I think that anyone from the -5 mark and lower has a legitimate chance.

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be all over the place. A lot will depend on how Hideki comes out of the starting blocks. I could see a couple of hte guys push up to him by the time he starts. If he doesn't reestablish his lead early, we will see a ton of leader swaps during the day.

That run in was crazy. Hard to compete with a guy that is flushing the ball.
Ball striking like that makes putting really easy

Had it DVR’ed, just finished watching. A few thoughts:

Hideki’s bed may burst into flames tonight if he doesn’t properly cool off from that round. That was fun to watch! He has the weight of a whole country on his shoulders, it’ll be interesting to see how he handles that pressure tomorrow.

Justin Rose was struggling, but did a pretty good job scrambling his butt off to hang in there.

I saw more positive signs in Jordan. He was able to bounce back from a couple rough spells and play some good golf, trusting himself rather than completely falling apart. I think he goes into tomorrow with confidence.

We’re going to be seeing a lot more of Will Zalatoris. He’s in a great position right now, with no real pressure on him, nothing to lose and everything to win.

People talk about “horses for courses” - I don’t think ANGC is a good fit for Bryson, it could end up being a career nemesis for him.

JT - WTF???

Also - almost 2600 posts in this thread already, with one round left to go! 🔥🔥🔥

Bryson tries to muscle a course that requires intelligent thought, and fails .

Xander, Leishman and Zalatoris are the three trending in the right direction. Hideki is recovering from a once in a lifetime round and will pay for it, the way Rose has done since Thursday. Spieth is the lowest I think a winner will come from and he still looks too fragile.

I hope Leishman gets it, he is a top guy.

Last edited:
I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be all over the place. A lot will depend on how Hideki comes out of the starting blocks. I could see a couple of hte guys push up to him by the time he starts. If he doesn't reestablish his lead early, we will see a ton of leader swaps during the day.
Hideki will be watching the scoreboard leading up to it. He will know if anybody is going low in the morning.

We say it every year, the tournament doesn’t begin until the back 9 on Sunday. 😀

I have now watched the rounds by all 3. How is the way Bryson played it different than Rory or Cam Champ? They pulled driver in virtually the same spots.

The difference is the raw power that Bryson unleashes, which involves too little control. Ernie Els was regarded as a long hitter when technology was less advanced. The ball got in the way of the club , whereas Bryson is trying to smash the thing to pieces. I doubt Bryson will be playing in ten years time , his joints will rebel and he will be under a knife.

He has no grace or style, merely brute strength.

The difference is the raw power that Bryson unleashes, which involves too little control.

He has no grace or style, merely brute strength.

While it wasn't meant as a joke, its still really funny.

Xander, Leishman and Zalatoris are the three trending in the right direction. Hideki is recovering from a once in a lifetime round and will pay for it, the way Rose has done since Thursday. Spieth is the lowest I think a winner will come from and he still looks too fragile.

I hope Leishman gets it, he is a top guy.

Leishman had an opportunity to close the gap some late in his round. If only he converted his birdie putts on 17 and 18. He had good looks.

I’m going to pull for Hideki today, the story is just....so good. And I love a great story.

Leishman had an opportunity to close the gap some late in his round. If only he converted his birdie putts on 17 and 18. He had good looks.

Leishman's irons have been off the charts good.

I’m going to pull for Hideki today, the story is just....so good. And I love a great story.
I’m pulling for Xman, Zalatoris and Spieth but I wouldn’t be mad about that, at all. Corey Connors either. I don’t know why because I’ve pulled for him in the past it there is something about Rose that has put me in the anyone but him camp.

I’m pulling for Xman, Zalatoris and Spieth but I wouldn’t be mad about that, at all. Corey Connors either. I don’t know why because I’ve pulled for him in the past it there is something about Rose that has put me in the anyone but him camp.
I want to see Japan lose their collective minds.

Who in my heart do I wish would win? WZ.

Back