The Match 3 Kickoff to THPers

This was fun! I think one per year is the perfect amount.

Handicaps.

sure okay - one of the top 5 golfers of all time (technical home game) against “scratch” steph curry snoozy manning and coached the hell out of chuck.

As an 11 handicap give me 36 strokes and i think I still to lose to phil

sure okay - one of the top 5 golfers of all time (technical home game) against “scratch” steph curry snoozy manning and coached the hell out of chuck.

As an 11 handicap give me 36 strokes and i think I still to lose to phil
I like hearing Chuck and Phil - chuck is my spirit animal and Phil’s brain is awesome.

Yeah, I love BA, but... hahaha
Lefty is streaky at times but not an overall great putter but he has won 40+ times

I don’t think splitting Phil and chuck adds to the banter. I think with Phil coaching it doesn’t matter who he is paired with. He’s going to be the entertainment. To get the other team to have banter you need another pro doing the same thing. I think if you put steph or Manning with Phil we are saying the same thing about chuck and who he is paired with and that they didn’t bring it.

I honestly think you could do this with three amateurs competing for their charities and just having Phil coach all of them on how to hit the shot.

I honestly think you could do this with three amateurs competing for their charities and just having Phil coach all of them on how to hit the shot.
The audience would obviously shrink though.

I would expect this one too as well, as the last one took place when no other sports being played.

The audience that legends and superstars bring is huge.

The audience would obviously shrink though.

I would expect this one too as well, as the last one took place when no other sports being played.

The audience that legends and superstars bring is huge.

Definitely. Hard to judge this versus the second one without tiger. Tiger just brings more eyes and we were thirsting for sports. Hopefully this isn’t judged on ratings and they bring it back.

Definitely. Hard to judge this versus the second one without tiger. Tiger just brings more eyes and we were thirsting for sports. Hopefully this isn’t judged on ratings and they bring it back.
I would say Manning and Brady brought the eyeballs, but I am sure expectations are managed.

This was a blast and I look forward to the next one (hopefully)

Yeah, I love BA, but... hahaha
Well, in his defense, he did say "one of the". He didn't say one of the 10, 100, 1000, 100000, or how many. So, I guess he was right.

Next match Phil and Charles against?

Tiger and Jordan - would be epic
Tiger and Romo - not bad
Bryson and anyone - would be interesting

Missed the entire thing lol. Looked fun from what I saw though.

That's awesome!

How tf did I not take the professional against two (albeit) good amateurs at plus odds? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

It was also hosted at Phils home course

I enjoyed that and I am going to play that course ASAP! I hope they do more of these.

I see this as a progression where you see who works in this format(s) and who doesn't. Clearly Phil is waaaay better at this than Tiger and Payton has been good with a few of these under his belt and Barkley definitely brings it with commentary and TBH his putting was pretty good. I say for the next one pair Payton with JT and have them go against Chuck and Phil, banter and play should be peaking.

It was worth what I paid for it. Mildly entertaining and a good Philmercial.

My biggest takeaway is that if Stef was considering a professional career in golf post-basketball, the dream is like shattered glass on the floor. He has a very nice full swing, but he is no where near a plus index, at least not today.

Back