The Memorial Practice Rounds - What to Expect?

JohnWhirl

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm really excited to be able to go to 2 days worth of practice rounds at The Memorial next week! This is my first PGA Tour event experience, and I'm just curious what your experiences have been either at The Memorial or other PGA Tour events. Do you have any advice or tips for a first timer? Thanks!

I've been to several events and was lucky enough to go to the Masters practice rounds about 10 plus years ago. No real advice needed. Just show up, grab a map of the course and tee times and plant yourself on a few strategic holes to watch groups go by. I made the mistake of trying to walk too much to follow players at the Barclays, and I was exhausted. Best to plant yourself at a green, then watch a bunch of groups go by, then move to say a tee box, watch more groups go by etc. Your legs will thank you. At the end of the day, it's all about the Schwag so bring your wallet and load up on cool wind jackets, fuzzy pullovers, hats and balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been going to the Memorial T for about 6 years straight now. B-day gift from the wife (she gets 'em free from 1 of her vendors)
I slowly walk the course with her and stopping at different holes for a awhile and watch groups go by.
She people watches. I watch everything else. It's a nice time to be out and about. Hole #12 is a good spot to watch.
Normally we are there on Saturdays. I've watched the replay on GC and seen myself on TV a few times, which is slightly weird.
Enjoy the practice rounds.

Back