The Men Who Built America

Custom Method

Reaction score
Handicap
Watched a few of these already on the History channel. I really like it. Good, accurate, portrayals of "the men who built America". These men were absolute geniuses. Ruthless, but they really did build America. Great show. Features people like Carnegie, Morgan, Rockefeller, Ford etc...

I've been enjoying the series as well. I really like how they mix the acting/documentary stuff in with the commentary from the guys like Trump and Cuban. I have the finale on DVR right now and can't wait to watch it.

This series is jam packed full of awesome. I can't stop watching it.

This series is jam packed full of awesome. I can't stop watching it.

Right? They said at the time Carnegie's + Rockefeller's wealth > The top 40 richest people in today's world... jeee

Right? They said at the time Carnegie's + Rockefeller's wealth > The top 40 richest people in today's world... jeee

Plus Carnegie wanted to sell his steel company for more then the federal government was worth, that's just plan nuts. It's also cool how it ties all these guys together. I just figured they all did their own thing.

I've watched a couple of episodes and am going to watch the rest real soon. It is great to hear some of their thoughts that went into decision making. Risk takers for sure!

It really is that good. I am really quite a history geek. My school offers an AP US History class that I am in and love along with a really good freshmen US History class teacher that I loved and I will have him again for modern American history next semester!

It really is that good. I am really quite a history geek. My school offers an AP US History class that I am in and love along with a really good freshmen US History class teacher that I loved and I will have him again for modern American history next semester!

I love history, I know so many little facts and trivia about it lol.

Sound like a great show I would love to watch that

x2 I will possibly be taking a late grade on this english paper to watch this. Maybe I can learn some of the manipulative skills on the show and I won't have to! haha
I completely agree with this.

When you really think about it, aside from our military and blue collar workers. These 4 men really did build this country and make it a global power.

Well if you would go way back I would argue Alexander Hamilton. He was also a genius. He used national debt as means of investment from other nations so they would want to see America succeed so they wouldn't loose their money. Never thought about debt like that before.

I guess what i meant is bringing our nation into the industrial age. You do have a really good point though.

Missed the first runs but recorded the whole series the other day when they ran them all in order leading up to the finale. Now I just have to find time to watch them. I enjoyed America: The Story of Us

Well if you would go way back I would argue Alexander Hamilton. He was also a genius. He used national debt as means of investment from other nations so they would want to see America succeed so they wouldn't loose their money. Never thought about debt like that before.

Ya, hopefully China feels that way today.

Love the series. I'd like to add the DVDs of the series to my Christmas list!!

Back